Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generation 5 Forum Icons

Props Valroa

@Props I moved this to Feedback to maintain integrity of the original question's scope regarding a missing icon. It's hard for staff to keep up with everything if questions and requests are piggybacked off of something even tangentially related. It's also something that I have to work on making sure happens or I will 100% put it out of sight and out of mind and move on to something else if these are not separated. It's how my mind works. It moves from item to item so quickly that if too many questions or requests are commingled in one thread it's going to either become white-noise or be forgotten when something else pops up. 

I'd like this to stand on its own as feedback to perhaps have unique G5 forum icons, especially since it isn't a bad or huge ask. 

• Brohoof 1

@Jeric

That makes logical sense, I just figured they were too similar for me to make my own thread about it. It moved so fast I thought it was deleted or that the forums were glitching, but, it would be interesting to see what G5 icons we come up with.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Props said:

@Jeric

That makes logical sense, I just figured they were too similar for me to make my own thread about it. It moved so fast I thought it was deleted or that the forums were glitching, but, it would be interesting to see what G5 icons we come up with.

All of them are reused (the film projector was used on the FiM film), so I agree that it would be fun to add some diversity. I know G5 has its share of die-hard fans here, so maybe one of them can post good ideas for icons. for all the G5 forums that are themed for each facet of the media. 

10 minutes ago, Props said:

@Jeric

The make your mark logo could be the Unity Crystals as it focuses more on the idea of Pony Unity.
MLP G5) Unity Crystals Vector by GalaxySwirlsYT on DeviantArt

The troll in me is half tempted to use that size as-is ... but we've suffered enough unintentional bugs these days. Still .... would amuse me. 

• Brohoof 1

No mean to barge in here, but I would like to say that I think a good logo for the Tell Your Tale subsection would be this. 

787536842_ZippTYT.jpg.fb55ce8f735a1a6ad04efb10ba0d2154.jpg

It is an iconic shot from the end credits sequence, not just because it looks cool, but also because it had a lot of fans curious about when Zipp would be seen with those glasses on in the show. If not that, the next suggestion I'd make would be Sunny in her alicorn form. Sunny's progress as an alicorn is a major, iconic part of TYT that the show takes seriously as a step away from the usual gag comedy routine and Alicorn Issues is by far one of the show's most loved episodes.