Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite pasta or bread?

Gaines

• 1 month later...

I'm German and of course a very big fan of Bread in all its variations. Hard for me to pick a fav, though I often like bread more when it comes with variety of seeds :>

1280px-Neighborhood_Bread_Shop,_2009.jpg

I also love past. Especially Fusili

btw: This is not a silly topic to me

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of bread, anything with grains really. I can't eat white bread. :adorkable:

Pasta is a bit more difficult. I'd say penne maybe. A lot less messy than spaghetti!

• Brohoof 1

For bread I enjoy sourdough some reason. And also the vietnamese baguettes which I grew up eating but it can get sooo messy! Mass produced white bread when it's smushy also does something for me, couldn't tell you why.

And as for pasta. No idea! Maybe fettuccine because I really really love alfredo! :eager:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I have no preference, but I wonder if anyone feels like Rice doesn't fully count as pasta. I mean, you cook rice very differently from regular pasta. The rice absorbs all the water to become soft and fluffy. If there is still water that you can strain away when you're done, then you might not be cooking rice correctly. :yeahno:

13 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I have no preference, but I wonder if anyone feels like Rice doesn't fully count as pasta. I mean, you cook rice very differently from regular pasta. The rice absorbs all the water to become soft and fluffy. If there is still water that you can strain away when you're done, then you might not be cooking rice correctly. :yeahno:

I have no opinion on the subject, I just like rice and pasta equally :izzy-shine:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 2024-01-06 at 4:54 PM, Samsara said:

When it comes to pasta I like Japanese ramen.

Ramen would count as noodles, since "noodles" derived from Asia, and "pasta" is from Europe :BrightMacContent: There are more differences between pasta and noodles than just that, but they're different nonetheless :please:

Edited by Gaines