Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flowers for Fluttershy: Flowers From Around The World <3

Ice Princess Silky

*FLOWERS FOR FLUTTERSHY*

image.png

(click the art for art source) <3 

Hello, beautiful lovelies :rarity:
A friend of mine who would very much be a fond companion of Fluttershy due to their courtesy, kindness and thoughtfulness, has sent me a bundle of flowery images from Ireland. So, I've had the idea to post them here to start a thread based on beautiful scenes and flowers from all around the world. <3 

I plan to post some lovely ones I've discovered around here, from New York -- YES -- we have flowers! :laugh: They do exist <3 
And maybe we can share some flowers from around the world <3 

*Optional instructions*

1. Add a picture of a flower
2. Put the location of where the flower is from (if you wish to)

Let the flower ring begin!

image.png
image.png

This one's called Bridewort <3

Photos by @Tom Gallagher /) *boop*
Sometimes, his lovely GF wears flowers in her hair. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Flowers for Fluttershy: Flowers From Around The World <3
(edited)

Flowers! Flowers everywhere :eager:

Those flowers are in my garden.

The pink ones are garden hydrangea

The red ones are country carnation

Polish_20230621_220507051.thumb.jpg.323d54c577f86bcb5425fe7143c2595a.jpgIMG_20230621_220314771.thumb.jpg.1457ebb2705c90d4491b63d739360855.jpg

Edited by Sophie H.

97147.jpg?width=721&height=405

These are flowers of Cempasúchil, If you seen Pixar's movie Coco you'll see is a typical mexican flower that we leave on Dia de Muertos or Day of the Dead, here in Mexico is a tradition to leave the flowers in a ofrenda to guide our loved ones back home, it has a very intense scent and is very soft, not to mention it's beauty. 

“El amor verdadero hace milagros, porque él mismo es ya el mayor milagro”. - Amado Nervo

(True love makes miracles because it is already the biggest miracle itself )

20230621_193839.thumb.jpg.a7605055fd88b42619b2e8567cc0ad3e.jpg

Beach roses! I used to think they were a kind of native pepper plant because they're so abundant, but they're just a coastal weed we plant everywhere in Western Washington. They produce a fruit that's like a cross between a tomato and a strawberry, quite good actually!

Love this thread. I'm a huge flower person so here's some I took in the midwest. -

The first is love-in-a-mist! Not a ton of blue flowers so that's fun.

Then there's a bearded iris. Love the soft color. Lots of pretty iris' exist.

Here's an Irish dahlia or pinwheel dahlia I think. It's pretty neat imo.

Some of the prettiest roses I've ever seen. Pink and yellow are my favorite colors as well.

Then, these are daffodils and tulips from spring. I'm obsessed with daffodils. One of my top favs. <3

maybe I'll share more later. :mlp_icwudt:

PXL_20230619_223725911~2.jpg

PXL_20230619_202337796.jpg

PXL_20230619_205108985.jpg

PXL_20230619_223742638.jpg

PXL_20220509_010438145~2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, pinkgoldrose said:

Love this thread. I'm a huge flower person so here's some I took in the midwest. -

The first is love-in-a-mist! Not a ton of blue flowers so that's fun.

Then there's a bearded iris. Love the soft color. Lots of pretty iris' exist.

Here's an Irish dahlia or pinwheel dahlia I think. It's pretty neat imo.

Some of the prettiest roses I've ever seen. Pink and yellow are my favorite colors as well.

Then, these are daffodils and tulips from spring. I'm obsessed with daffodils. One of my top favs. <3

maybe I'll share more later. :mlp_icwudt:

PXL_20230619_223725911~2.jpg

PXL_20230619_202337796.jpg

PXL_20230619_205108985.jpg

PXL_20230619_223742638.jpg

PXL_20220509_010438145~2.jpg

Oh hey I'm also from the Midwest and these def. Look familiar. Very pretty and cool 

• Brohoof 1

Wow, gosh, these posts are absolutely precious! Thank you for immortalizing the moment of which you've encountered/discovered a beautiful plant or flower. :coco:

I may take some new pictures for this, but here are some from my archives <3 No surprise to @Princess Silky as she saw each and every one of them as soon as I took them :rarity: but I hope everyone enjoys <3

Spoiler

No description available.

Unfortunately no names though as I am not THAT fluent with flower names, it's something I have to fix :adorkable:

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

You can’t have a flower for Fluttershy topic without her in the picture :mlp_icwudt:

55DB6141-73C4-4CB8-89B9-AE4330943909.jpeg

Awww this is so beautiful. You just gave me an idea and I thank you for it. :( 

I’m going to go with Star Jasmine, which blooms everywhere in Southern California during the spring and summer months, and has the best fragrance of any bloom I’ve personally encountered.

Buy Star Jasmine Online | Garden Goods Direct

I’m also going to include Hibiscus, the prettiest of them all. Seriously, that’s one gorgeous flower!

11 Tips for Growing Beautiful Hibiscus Plants in Containers

As an added note, since the language of flowers is a sub-hobby of mine, Jasmine represents Amiability, and Hibiscus represents Delicate Beauty. Seems fitting on both counts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...