Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was going to end in ten minutes from now...

Cherry Blossom

I'm sure there isn't a thread like this, because I used the search function. If there is, then I probably didn't use the search function correctly.

A few days ago while I was at school, I randomly thought, "What would I do if the world was going to end in ten minutes from now?"

I thought I was just going nuts, because of a reoccurring headache I was having for a few days(including today). As I was playing volleyball during P.E. at my school, I asked a few friends what they would do. They came up with some silly answers, but I asked them. "Wouldn't you want to call your mom and dad?"

Then it just hit me in the heart and I quickly knew what I would do. I would've went back down to the locker rooms, grab nothing, but my iphone and run back up to the administration office. Then I would've asked politely if I couid borrow their school phone. I would call my mother on the iphone and call my father on the school phone. I felt myself apologizing and keeping these last couple of minutes talking to my parents. I'd thank them, apologize to them, and talk about Heaven with them. And I definitely included saying, "Mom, dad, I love you both!"

I saw myself, crying my heart out and sobbing. I nearly started tearing up during class almost as if I was watching a sad scene from a movie. Then today I quickly realized that I forgot to call my big brother.Posted Image I love my big brother, I really do, but I just can't believe I forgot all about him. Though it does feel like I'm an only child when my brother is so far away from me. He's all the way at California in college, while I'm here in Maryland.

Question 1: What would you do if the world was going to end in 10 minutes while you are at school, college, and/or work?

Question 2: What would you do if the world was going to end in an hour while you are at school, college, and/or work?

Question 3: What would you do if the world was going to end in one day, while you're at home with your family?

• Brohoof 1

Question 1: some of us have different opinions on what they would do. Bieng logical we'd all most likley panic, But to eggagerate (exagerate?) then i would call home, tell my parents i love them. Tell my friend their imptotance to me. Punch some guy in the face, then embrace the end of humaninity.

Thats pretty much my answer to all three question BTW.

Question 1: if there is any chance at all for survival I would grab a few essentials should time permit and find a good place to hide.

If there is no escape, I would simply find a peaceful place to light up my pipe and wait patiently, puffing away serenely.

Maybe call my mother too, but I'm pretty sure that phone lines world wide would be jammed and crashing because of so many calls.

Question 1: I'd probably just sit down in the corner of a room and pray to God.   Nothing crazy.

Question 2: An hour is at least some time to work with.  I'd probably say goodbye to everyone.  

Question 3: Spend the last day remembering all the good things that had happened to me.  

If it was going to end in 10 minutes:

I'd do the exact same thing you'd do. I'd call my mom, my dad, and my grandparents (As fast as I could), tell them what was going on, and say I love them.

If it was ending in 1 hour:

I'd tell all my family and all my friends about what was happening, and tell them to tell theirs.

If it was ending in a day:

I'd live it up. I'd probably skip school (It's the last day on Earth) and do something I've always wanted to do.

I'm hoping I won't have to do any of this in 21 days....

Question 1: I would probably just run around the giant field we have at school yelling and screaming ''I WAS RIGHT!'' until the end came. And probably call my parents and say goodbye.

Question 2: I would probably get in as much trouble as possible. Considering I'm always a teachers pet. I always wondered what it was like throwing a paper airplane into a teacher's eye. And once again, call my parents.

Question 3: I would arrange a family meeting, and we would all say how much we loved each other and we would remember all the good times we've had together. Then later, we would just fall asleep.

Yup.

Edited by Calirolls

I don't believe the world is going to end but i do believe the world has to think better. I think the real question is: Why would it take a scenario like that to make you start talking to your family about love when you don't need anything bad to happen to tell people that you love them. Maybe if we all just shared how we love each other in the first place thoughts like this wouldn't happen. Something to think about is that the music industry is already making countless songs about burning the earth down. Terrible if you ask me.But... I mean... what i could i possibly know, i'm just another pony right...

Edited by TwilightCircuits
  • Brohoof 3

question 1: call family then sing a song

question 2: call family then perform a musical

question 3: go on the internet and tweet about it

10 minutes:

Say "I love you" to my girl, perform a wudu, then says my last prayer. May my soul returns to Him.1 hour:

Send goodbye messages to my friends and family, call my girl, take a bath, and then my last prayer. 1 day:

Hug my parents and my sister, have a huge feast with them, pray together, go to my girl's house and do things. On the latest hour I will take a bath, get a nice, clean clothes, and then my last prayer.Internet be damned

All three scenarios would have one thing in common: the news would be met with mass scepticism because of all the failed "end of the world" theories. I would probably be scouring the internet for information and die while looking up if or why the world is ending.

If it was obvious the world was ending (you know, like a massive asteroid), I would likely be more annoyed than upset. Kind of  in the "why-the-heck-am-I-only-hearing-about-this-now" sense.

Question 1: What would you do if the world was going to end in 10 minutes while you are at school, college, and/or work?

With ten minutes? I'd get as many phone calls in as I could, as quickly as I could fire them off.

Question 2: What would you do if the world was going to end in an hour while you are at school, college, and/or work?

I'd probably drive home, and then make as many phone calls as I could.

Question 3: What would you do if the world was going to end in one day, while you're at home with your family?

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do: I wouldn't mow the lawn. I'd spend the time with my family.

However, as it probably wouldn't matter, I'd go out and buy myself a Ferrari. With credit. And you know what? While I'm at it, I might as well buy myself an expensive suit to wear the rest of the day.

But that's just me. XD

Edited by CloudFyre

Ten Minutes Left at College: Meditation in silence while looking up at the sky. Staying calm is the key here.

One Hour Left at College: Orgy. Next question.

One Day Left at Home: Orgy I'd sit and talk with my dad outside, drink beer and smoke a shit ton of marijuana. 

Disclaimer: I've never had pot before, but could obtain it easily.

• Brohoof 2

1) I would hug all my friends, kiss the guy I have a crush on and slap the person I hate. Posted Image

2) I would kiss my crush, spill my feelings to him, and dress up as Derpy and run around the neighborhood like a crazy person while screaming MLP songs. Posted Image

3) Laugh like a maniac, through glass on the ground and sing the "I Threw it to the Ground" song while doing so... than I'd kiss my crush again... and WATCH ALL THE MLP FIM EPISODES WHILE CRYING TO MYELF. Posted Image  WHY?! WHY DOES THE WORLD HAVE TO END?! 

Well not trying to be something else here but my answer for all 3 questions goes for.

Try to do something to change the outcome. 

Maybe the world is ending but the fact is that thousands of worlds end every day each time a a life ends the world will keep on. Stand strong even at the end of the world and keep on.  

I would continue doing whatever I'm doing at the moment with a giant smirk on my face, I don't really see the point in doing anything different when inevitable death comes for me.

Well aren't you just a big 'ol ray of sunshine. Looks like you're going through your nihlistic quarter life crisis phase. I just got done with that one, have fun; it's a blast.

Oh, also we are the universe experiencing itself. :)

1: 

- Flip desk over.

- Yell out: "THIS SCHOOL IS A PRISON!"

- Rip up homework

- Pretend to wipe my butt with it

- Throw it on the ground

- Throw teacher's computer out of the window

- Throw pencil at somebody

- Break my laptop in half on my knee

- Throw the remains at another person

- Flip off everybody in the room

- Take my shirt off, and rub some kind of food onto my chest

- Run around yelling "WE DIDN'T LISTEN!"

- Climb onto somebody's roof

- Stares at sunset

- Quietly nods with a small smile

- Flip desk over.

- Yell out: "THIS SCHOOL IS A PRISON!"

- Rip up homework

- Pretend to wipe my butt with it

- Throw it on the ground

- Throw teacher's computer out of the window

- Throw pencil at somebody

- Break my laptop in half on my knee

- Throw the remains at another person

- Flip off everybody in the room

- Take my shirt off, and rub some kind of food onto my chest

- Run around yelling "WE DIDN'T LISTEN!"

- Get in my car

- Crash into a wall

- Emerge from wreckage

- Go insane

- Get pepperspray

- Eat the pepperspray

- It's very painful

- Jumps into lake

- Drinks water

- Attempts to eat live fish

- Fish scales too hard

- Tooth falls out

- Eats tooth

- Eats grass

- Eats dirt

- Eats pants

- Chucks iPhone at a wall

- Crys deeply

- Gets into a fight with a football player

- Painful failure

- Climbs onto somebody's roof

- Stares at sunset

- Watch ponies, maybe post on here a bit

- Climb onto somebody's roof

- Stares at sunset

• Brohoof 3

Well aren't you just a big 'ol ray of sunshine. Looks like you're going through your nihlistic quarter life crisis phase. I just got done with that one, have fun; it's a blast.

My outlook on life isn't all that positive with all the crimes, terrorism, violation of women and children, corrupt government, religious extremists so it's not a random emo teen thing.

People who afraid of death have lots to lose while I have nothing to lose but my chains.(not in a marxist kind of way)

Edited by khaine21x3

1: Grab my phone, go on youtube and blast "It's the End of the World As We Know It" at full volume while having one last laugh with my brother and my dad.

2: Grab all the junk food in the house, set up the fireplace, toast some marshmallows and chow down with Dad and my brother 'til doomsday.

3: Not sure what I'd do with a whole day, but it'll be awesome :)

I'd probably just find somewhere to be alone, and reflect on what my life had been up to that point. I don't know if heaven or hell exist, but I'd like to pass judgement on my life before the time comes. Just peace...

• Brohoof 1

1. I'd probably call my parents, say goodbye, then find my friends in class, walk outside with them and sit in silence. Pray a little too.

2. Pretty much same as above. Talk to more people though, but still just pray and wait silently for the end to come.

3. Honestly, I don't know what I would do with an entire day of knowing the world was going to end. Read My Little Dashie again, maybe. Then repeat above.

1. I probably wouldn't believe it, and then say goodbye to whoever i was with. And promptly beat the tar out of someone I hate if they were nearby.

2. I would profess my love to my not-yet-girlfriend girlfriend, and then I would proceed to possible do things with her ;D.

If I didn't have time for THAT, I would just hang out with family and reminisce about all the good times and how much I wish I could have done with my life.

3. I would try and meet up with all my friends from across NA, and then have a meetup and just talk about each other for a few hours. It would be tough to do considering it would be only 1 day's notice, but it wouldn't matter if we made it or not, just the effort would be enough.