Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever made a family tree before?

Theautisticrebel

I've made about 4 complete ones? Usually by hand but you can find free ones online pretty easilly. The last one I made for my girlfriend to get a grasp of how my family is simultaneously big and small because of the multiple divorces. With hownwide it was, It kind of took the shape of a submarine! :ButtercupLaugh:

Sometimes I draw sections of it at work to clarify relations in conversations.

My mom's in her third marriage but it's been a long and happy one. No concerns there.

My dad however is another story, with me having been his best man at his third wedding, and that only lasting a few years. Last time I had dinner with him he was telling us about his future plans and he mentioned marriage to his current girlfriend possibly being among them. He's not saying that'll happen anytime soon, but its too early to even be discussing that. They've only been together a few months. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

I remember making one at school. It was hand-drawn and only went back three generations if I remember correctly.

Some of my relatives have done more detailed research on the family – one side even made a book about it, the other never got it finished despite having information going back to the late 16th century.

• Brohoof 2

I made one in elementary school, only went back as far as my great-grandparents on my mother's side and to my grandparents on my father's.  I never really followed up on it or got serious about it beyond that.

• Brohoof 1

I never tried to compile one myself because all the records of my lineage seem to be specific to one branch of the family only, with the other branches pretty much without fruitful research. If I ever find any further info on my past relatives I’d love to make a family tree.

• Brohoof 1

I did make one back in primary school. I drew it by hand, but I was fortunate enough to have a book with the family history for reference (Mum's side only). It ended up being kind of incomplete, because I couldn't find enough information about my dad's side to match it. :/

• Brohoof 1