Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Charles Martinet no longer voicing Mario.

CastletonSnob

Who’s ever going to be taking over will have massive shoes to fill. Martinet’s been voicing Mario even before Mario 64 with Mario Teaches Typing 

End of an era indeed. Hope he can enjoy his new role 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Who’s ever going to be taking over will have massive shoes to fill. Martinez’s been voicing Mario even before Mario 64 with Mario Teaches Typing 

I think Martinet's first role as Mario was Mario's Game Gallery, that spinoff game where you can play Checkers and Go Fish with Mario. I remember having the demo version.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Who’s ever going to be taking over will have massive shoes to fill. Martinez’s been voicing Mario even before Mario 64 with Mario Teaches Typing 

Christopher Walken: Let's uh...GO! :P

• Brohoof 2

Disappointing news, though fortunately it seems to have been his own decision (it would have been very disrespectful to drop him after all these years). It's impossible for me to think about Mario without hearing his voice – I still think they should have let him do the movie (unless it was also his decision to give up the role there).

• Brohoof 5

I hope the next voice of Mario is someone who can fill his role adequately. I haven't really been that involved with Mario content in the past few years, but Mario has always been the staple of my childhood so this is quite important to me.

• Brohoof 3

I'm also glad it appears that he is moving on from this role willingly, since his role as Mario is just way, way too iconic. I completely understand him wanting to retire from the role after having done it for so long and hope whoever will be voicing Mario next can deliver a performance that's at least on par with Chris Pratt's in the Mario movie, but no one could ever truly replace Martinet. 

• Brohoof 4

Can't wait for them to get Chris Pratt as Mario's new permanent VA 👀.

Jokes aside this is sad but understandable. He's getting older and probably doesn't want to be stuck doing Mario forever. Look forward to seeing him in any new roles he might get :)

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-08-21 at 7:21 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

Can't wait for them to get Chris Pratt as Mario's new permanent VA 👀.

Jokes aside this is sad but understandable. He's getting older and probably doesn't want to be stuck doing Mario forever. Look forward to seeing him in any new roles he might get :)

Well, he’s been voice acting for over 30 years, retirement time for most people considering his earliest voice over, that I know of, was in 1992 :huh:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to hear, but Charles is almost 70, so I can definitely understand him wanting to step away from the role. I imagine that the next VA will be aiming to emulate his voice, so hopefully they do it justice.

• Brohoof 1