Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite End Credits?

DubWolf

I was watching the last ... I don't know, 10 minutes of the Lion King (great movie and obviously one of my favorites. So much is told in just a few minutes...), and remember just how much I enjoyed the credit scenes.

Being one of the earliest movies I remember, it's special and also have always loved Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" at the end (yes!! Another awesome 94 song!!). Of course the Lion King theme is also memorable, so good to hear it play one more time in the beginning.

• Brohoof 3
  • Party! 1

14 minutes ago, DubWolf said:

I was watching the last ... I don't know, 10 minutes of the Lion King (great movie and obviously one of my favorites. So much is told in just a few minutes...), and remember just how much I enjoyed the credit scenes.

Being one of the earliest movies I remember, it's special and also have always loved Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" at the end (yes!! Another awesome 94 song!!). Of course the Lion King theme is also memorable, so good to hear it play one more time in the beginning.

Dang!

Elton John's voice with such a powerful song is almost too much! Super moving yet calming

Honestly idk what my FAVORITE end credits are, but Rainbow Rocks is of course super good.

Belle also, just cuz any song from it is amazing, so just hearing them again is great

Edited by Comrade Friendship
  • Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Comrade Friendship said:

Dang!

Elton John's voice with such a powerful song is almost too much! Super moving yet calming

Honestly idk what my FAVORITE end credits are, but Rainbow Rocks is of course super good.

Belle also, just cuz any song from it is amazing, so just hearing them again is great

Hmm. Not my cup of tea. Honestly this thread could just be reworded to "favorite song in an end credits" :P .

The latter is pretty :ooh: . Never heard of it.

• Brohoof 1

Infinity War

Given how Marvel films like to make their credits flashy and heroic, seeing the ending of Infinity War just back and white text reading like an obituary with the music both giving a feeling of devastating defeat as well as a sad rendition of the Avengers theme really makes the ending hit more. Still one of my favorite Superhero films

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

The only credits I’ve ever liked were Inuyasha’s. From Dream, Ayumi Hamasaki to BoA they really went out with the song choices and artists. Every time I hear Every Heart I think of Kagome on the bicycle. When I hear My Will I think of this ending with Kagome on the Ferris wheel. I say this as a huge fan of the group Dream. I went through hoops to get their cds back in the day.

• Brohoof 2

Anything with extra scenes in them, like in the Pixar movies. The downside is that they usually turn them off at the movies anyway, since most people leave the moment the first name appears. :yeahno:

I'll also mention my least favorite: any TV series with gang credits, having the exact same names in every episode, making it impossible to know who worked on which one. The first seasons of FIM suffered from this too, and making things worse, the guest voices weren't given any credit.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 1

If we're talking about things besides movies

MGS3's credits with the song "Way to Fall" by Starsailor the song perfectly capturing Big Boss's empty victory, feeling betrayed and used by his own country and sending him on a mission to kill his mentor/mother figure without knowing the truth, just to cover their own asses and get money, more or less signaling his downfall

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-10-22 at 2:49 PM, Clawdeen said:

The only credits I’ve ever liked were Inuyasha’s. From Dream, Ayumi Hamasaki to BoA they really went out with the song choices and artists. Every time I hear Every Heart I think of Kagome on the bicycle. When I hear My Will I think of this ending with Kagome on the Ferris wheel. I say this as a huge fan of the group Dream. I went through hoops to get their cds back in the day.

I was gonna post that. All of the Inuyasha end credits are so nice and peaceful.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...