Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your first reading/viewing of any Christmas Carol.

Antiyonder

Which yeah if a show or movie it's just first in general I'm asking.

Mickey's Christmas Carol for me. Can't remember mind you if it was the actual short first or the cassette tape and read along book.

And as an aside, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol which being a bit longer has more omitted elements like some people stealing Scrooge's belongings to sell off.

And as an aside not sure how many are familiar with such, but the original and some adaptations where Scrooge feels like those into spreading Merry Christmas should be boiled with their own pudding?

This is what he meant as pudding:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pudding

• Brohoof 2

I don't know who the illustrator or publisher were, but I had a highly detailed version where the characters were anthroposized mice.

I don't remember receiving it, pretty sure it was a gift to be read to me before I was able to myself. When I could, I was confused because I could suspend my disbelief for the mice, as so much media portrays animals as people, but ghosts getting involved made it seem strange. I believe the covered of the book was lost so I didn't know what I had picked up.

One image stands out, of the scared Scrooge mouse and a candle burning brighter?

• Brohoof 2

The first one I can remember seeing was "Bugs Bunny's Christmas Carol", I think it was as a part of the special "Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales" (though it's also been shown as a standalone short).

I find it strange that they made two Looney Tunes adaptations of the story – the later and longer "Bah, Humduck!" has Daffy as Scrooge, the first one had Yosemite Sam. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I saw several older versions on TV when I was very little, but the first ones I remember lucidly are The Muppet Christmas Carol and Mickey’s Christmas Carol. These are still my favorites although Patrick Stewart’s version is high on my list. The older ones are very good; each for their own unique reasons, but often have one flaw that prevents them from being perfect for me. It seems funny that it took some Muppets and cartoon mice to put this story across best. The first version of the book I read was an abridged version about the size of a large matchbook. I received it as a birthday present and it’s so tiny it takes very young eyes to read it. I now have the (larger) unabridged version, a digital version on my Kindle, and there’s an audiobook I like to listen to on Youtube. Such a great story.   

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1