Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need some advice

Lady Rarity Pony

As some of you may know Michelle Creber (Applebloom's voice actor and Sweetie Belle's singer) put up a video yesterday that had her singing some Christmas songs and Hush Now Quiet Now.

She then made her video private because apparently something like that has to be approved by Hasbros.

Now prior to her making it private I had downloaded the video, took the audio and set it to clips from the show.

That is in Octavia's Hall if you wish to see it :P

http://mlpforums.com/topic/2160-michelle-creber-christmas-video-wponies/

Now when I checked my YouTube inbox today I had received a message from a fellow YouTube channel "EverFreeRadio" requesting that I take down the video or make it private until Michelle Creber gives the go-ahead.

Now I'm not sure whether I should or should not listen. I see no harm in the video being up and if Michelle Creber were to request I would gladly take it down. What should I say in reply to this channel?

Well, if you're making money off the video's you're making, then take it down or private it. If not, I don't really see a reason why to take it down. Is EverFreeRadio an important channel? I haven't heard of them...

Well, if you're making money off the video's you're making, then take it down or private it. If not, I don't really see a reason why to take it down. Is EverFreeRadio an important channel? I haven't heard of them...

All my videos are non-profit

This is their YouTube channel if you wish to see.

They do seem like a significant channel and have interviews with the voice actors.

http://www.youtube.c...r/EverFreeRadio

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

I don't see why you shouldn't take down the video, if Michelle had to take down her video (in this case, she chose to make it private).

So I'd either take down the video or make it private as well, untill she gives you a go-ahead...

I would personnaly take it down. Avoid the big mess that would follow if it stayed up.

I'm sure if* they get the green light they'll post it back up.

*There's a chance they'll never even talk about it again, but I would still take it down to avoid the lawsuit mess cr*p.

i would take it down only if they gave a good reason to if they didn't then ask why unless you are breaking a rule by having it posted then it is your choice weather or not you have it on your profile.

Ask Michelle Creber first. its is most likely a troll. also how did the person contact you? if it was just a PM ignore. I have had to do other legal stuff when someone stole my video on youtube, DMCA'd the person he no longer has an account, also switch your video to creative commons licence because it basically garrentees you won't get DMCA'd

if it was a REAL legal claim you get an official email from youtube, but it doesn't hurt to check with michelle first though.. also many other people have uploaded the real video.

HOWEVER if you did get an email from youtubes legal division or what ever, it means there going to take action..

so the final verdict, ask Michelle first if she has anything to do with that other guy, secondly switch your video to the creative common license and state that you don't own the audio etc etc.

Edited by Flare
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think you should take it down unless Michelle Creber actually asks you to...

That is probably what I will do.

Ask Michelle Creber first. its is most likely a troll. also how did the person contact you? if it was just a PM ignore. I have had to do other legal stuff when someone stole my video on youtube, DMCA'd the person he no longer has an account, also switch your video to creative commerce licence because it basically garrentees you won't get DMCA'd

if it was a REAL legal claim you get an official email from youtube, but it doesn't hurt to check with michelle first though.. also many other people have uploaded the real video.

This person/channel contacted me via PM. They seem like a legitimate channel and I think they are just concerned for Michelle. I will see if I can contact Michelle Creber.

This person/channel contacted me via PM. They seem like a legitimate channel and I think they are just concerned for Michelle. I will see if I can contact Michelle Creber.

Do you mind actually posting the PM here?

Unless Michelle or her agents contacts you about it, I would take all other messages like that simply as "suggestions." I do love Everfree Radio and all, but they don't have control over pony videos. Like I said, unless Michelle contacts you asking to remove it, don't sweat it. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Do you mind actually posting the PM here?

I'm having some trouble getting a screen shot so for now I will just paste their message.

Hello, we'd like to ask you to remove the Christmas shout-out Michelle Creber made, or make it private, until Hasbro has given the go-ahead to the Crebers to post it; we don't want them getting in trouble with Hasbro or anything.

The explanation is here: http://everfreeradio.com/?p=1224

I'm having some trouble getting a screen shot so for now I will just paste their message.

Hello, we'd like to ask you to remove the Christmas shout-out Michelle Creber made, or make it private, until Hasbro has given the go-ahead to the Crebers to post it; we don't want them getting in trouble with Hasbro or anything.

The explanation is here: http://everfreeradio.com/?p=1224

by the looks of it they can't do anything about it if you leave it up or take it down.

by the looks of it they can't do anything about it if you leave it up or take it down.

Unless Michelle or her agents contacts you about it, I would take all other messages like that simply as "suggestions." I do love Everfree Radio and all, but they don't have control over pony videos. Like I said, unless Michelle contacts you asking to remove it, don't sweat it. ;)

You're right Flare. They can't do anything..

I think I'm gonna listen to Kodiak here, if Michelle Creber or Hasbros has an issue with my video being up then they can message me and I will gladly take it down or set it to private.

There's probably a reason she made her video private. Out of respect to her you should do the same.

My point exactly.

If she herself took the video down, why re-upload it.

I rather remember you saying yourself you hate re-uploaders.

Someone is being rather... mean ;)

My point exactly.

If she herself took the video down, why re-upload it.

I rather remember you saying yourself you hate re-uploaders.

Someone is being rather... mean ;)

It's not a re-upload, I created it when the original was still up.

• 8 years later...

Any chance this video is still around today? :P

This is such a 2011 thread, isn't it? Youtube PMs... What are those? :ButtercupLaugh:

Well, as an advice, you should probably take the video down because you "downloaded" a video that wasn't yours, and used it without permission from the original creator.