Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Wreck-It Ralph

Strife

The last thing I ever expected was for Bowser, Sonic, Eggman, and all those other game characters to appear in a Disney movie :o. I also like that little CoD/Halo spoof they have called "Hero's Duty" in one of the trailers. I may see it in theaters, or I may rent it when it comes out on DVD. Either way, I may actually watch this one :).

Being playing video games for 90% of my life from Atari to the actual generation. I'm hyped as hell for this movie and all of my bronies here have our places for the premiere.

Ill take a little note pad to write down all of the VG references I can find, really hope to find some OST remixes on the movie even if they are as brief as a breath.

'Anyone excited for Wreck-It Ralph' has been merged with 'Wreck-It Ralph', as both topics are both discussing the new movie that features best blue hedgehog as one of it's cameos :3

This is a 100% automated message, I swear.

• Brohoof 2

It's a laugh that some of you are just finding out now...

Iv been following this for 7 month now....

It started with a roomer that sonic will be in a new movie...

6 month later.... Spottings of sonic in wreak it ralf conferms the rummer...

Sonic isn't a background character btw... It's sayd that he will have some lines

I am very freaking excited for this movie. Ever since the day 1 announcement I've been following everything that Disney has put out relating to it. I'm not going to consider this a video game movie as Wreck It Ralph is a character that was made specifically for a movie and the games are an after thought, but this is probably going to be the best video game themed movie ever.

It is freaking awesome that Sonic's gonna get some lines in here, as I'm a huge sonic fan and like every single one of the games excluding 06 because that one just sucks period. Kind of dissapointed that Mario isn't in here, though. I know that they would have had to cough up a lot of cash to get him in, but when I think of video games he is the first thing that comes to mind.

• Brohoof 1

I really, really want to see this movie, it looks amazing. I'm sure I'd enjoy it being an extremely nerdy gamer and all. ^_^

'Anyone excited for Wreck-It Ralph' has been merged with 'Wreck-It Ralph', as both topics are both discussing the new movie that features best blue hedgehog as one of it's cameos :3

This is a 100% automated message, I swear.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... :huh:
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I just saw it and it was pretty good. But, the movie did have some flaws. Some were huge, others were small. Well I don't want to ruin the movie with spoilers, but the movie is different than what you think it is. So for those of you who haven't seen it and don't want spoilers, I suggest you go see it, because I really want to do my thoughts on this movie that are a little bit more in depth with spoilers than a brief explanation that everyone knows.

• Brohoof 1

i saw the movie on Friday... here are my thoughts...

WARNING... DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU WANT A SPOILER

it wasnt the plot youd think a movie like this would be... there were lots of plot turns... and was mainly focused on candy land...

now there were thoes funny parts that were awesome...

sonic did have some screen time... but i wish there was more...

post-7977-0-81185300-1351999835_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-01778800-1351999880_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-04091700-1351999890_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-53712600-1351999897_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-81185300-1351999835_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-01778800-1351999880_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-04091700-1351999890_thumb.jpg

post-7977-0-53712600-1351999897_thumb.jpg

Edited by villan97
  • Brohoof 1

I just saw the movie tonight and I thought it was a great movie. The story was good and it had some very interesting characters. The jokes I have to say were a little weak, but it had some good emotional parts, some very sad parts, and even got a little dark. This is a movie that I would recommend everyone see.

One of my favorite characters in the movie was Vanellope von Schweetz. She was a pretty cute character and you start to like her after you learn about her story.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

This movie is now tied with Tangled and Lilo and Stitch (BTW, I love all three movies for completely different reasons, so I can't really compare them) for my favorite Disney movie of the century thus far. It's clever, surprisingly heartfelt, and just plain fun. :) I had massive expectations for this and they were still exceeded. It's probably one of my personal top contenders for the best animated movie of the year by far.

• Brohoof 2

It was actually a pleasant surprise to see another Disney movie of this quality. Most complaints I've seen stem from a desire for more game cameos, but really the movie would just suffer at that point.

• Brohoof 1

Watched this movie 2 days ago. I was so excited to see it... and I should admit that movie exceeded my expectations.

I thought it`ll be ordinary, predictable story... but I was wrong. Wreck-It Ralph is really awesome movie.

Impressive story about legendary games made by two great studios.

• Brohoof 4

My suspicions were correct about this movie being for anyone. Even my mom would enjoy this if she was to see it.

One reference I'm not certain of, though. I could be stretching this a bit. Not really a spoiler, but some info one still might not want before watching the movie:

Vanellope is obviously a play on "vanilla" and "Penelope," but given that Sugar Rush is a bit of a Mario Cart/Candyland hybrid, I'm thinking that her name was an homage to Penelope Pitstop. Given another movie/TV reference or two I think it's a reasonable assumption.

• Brohoof 2

I decided to see this movie a few days ago when mah grandpa wanted to watch a movie with me and mah little bro. I decided to choose a movie that would be good for mah brother and is about a subject I love; video games. Hence, I chose this movie. I wasn't expecting much, but actually, I really liked it. Granted, some of the jokes seemed a little cheesy, but it's a Disney movie, what can you say? One thing though.......I fucking LOVE Vanellope von Schweetz :wub:! When she first appeared, I wasn't expecting much. After finishing the movie I really started to like her. She was cute, I loved her personality, I like her determination, plus that whole scene with, well, actually, I'm not gonna spoil it, but, lets just say Ralph severely upset Vanellope at some point and I felt pretty bad for her. Everything else was pretty neat. I liked the Hero's Duty game, being a FPS-player myself :P, and plus that whole thing about characters don't respawn if they die outside their own game was kinda ominous, especially since I don't think there's video game heaven :wacko:. I also really liked Vanellope's home which is basically like the Mentos + Diet Coke experiment amplified ^_^.

• Brohoof 6

OMG I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE THIS I'VE BEEN WAITING LIKE AGES!! IT'S GOING TO BE EPIC MADNESS!!!! *SHARP INTAKE OF AIR*

Ok I'm good now :3 I just hope I don't pop before it's out of theatres

I liked the Hero's Duty game, being a FPS-player myself, and plus that whole thing about characters don't respawn if they die outside their own game was kinda ominous, especially since I don't think there's video game heaven. I also really liked Vanellope's home which is basically like the Mentos + Diet Coke experiment amplified.

The soda pit with mentos stalactites was a brilliant idea, especially how they used it closer to the end. I expected a clever movie but they really impressed me with how much wit went into it.

Going by the trailers, Hero's Duty reminded me a lot of Starcraft and I connected Calhoun with Nova. I was way off on that second one though. They're nothing alike.

• Brohoof 3