Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle drawing

Glaceon

I couldn't sleep last night so I tried to draw something. Here's what I did.

Posted Image

I know it's not that good this is I think my 4th serious drawing ever. :huh:

• Brohoof 8

My critique:

• The mane and tail are flat. Not like Twilight, who has bouncy/flat hair, the way you drew it it is just flat.
  • The horn is far too small.
  • The cutie mark looks like a smudge, really.
  • The eyes aren't too bad at all, actually.
  • The nose is a ltittle too sharp.
  • The beginning of the neck has a sharp intake, you should straighten it out.
  • The hooves aren't rounded/straight enough. It sounds like a strange combo, but that is how MLP hooves look, and yours are too straight and bony.
  • Her flank is positioned too high in the hair.
  • Her shadow is huge, shorten it out a bit.

All in all, not a bad drawing, but could use improvement.

3/5

• Brohoof 1

• Her shadow is huge, shorten it out a bit.

Thanks for the critique! That's not her shadow though it's the ground....

(edited)

Thanks for the critique! That's not her shadow though it's the ground....

Why is the ground circling around her body, then o.o Edited by Crona

Cool :) i was just looking for my drawing that i did of twilight ages ago so i could prove that yours was a lot better than mine :) you've inspired me to start drawing again now! :D

• Brohoof 1

That's not bad for a quick sketch up and doing so as you were tired. I'd recommend making the cutie mark smaller next time. If, for some reason, you find this difficult try to very lightly draw on the paper where you'd like to see the cutie mark and once you have something you like, hard line it to bring it out better along with the rest of the image. That's generally how I do all my sketches; lightly place what I like in an image and hardline final details afterwards.

That's not bad for a quick sketch up and doing so as you were tired. I'd recommend making the cutie mark smaller next time. If, for some reason, you find this difficult try to very lightly draw on the paper where you'd like to see the cutie mark and once you have something you like, hard line it to bring it out better along with the rest of the image. That's generally how I do all my sketches; lightly place what I like in an image and hardline final details afterwards.

Noted. Thanks for the advice!

Okay, I'm going to critique this (sorry if you don't want it critiqued).

First of all, her legs aren't long enough, plus they're too thin. Her eyes look like they have eyeliner around them, too, and they usually don't. The dark lines (aka "eyeliner") make her look tired (try using a thinner pencil to fix this). Her shadow is a bit wiggly, too (or maybe that's the ground? either way it shouldn't be wiggly). Twilight's tail shouldn't be so droopy, either. That's really all; I like how detailed the cutie mark is, despite it being so small. The whole pony is well made, I like it :)

• The nose is a ltittle too sharp.

Lauren Faust's drawing style has sharp noses, maybe she/he was using Faust's style.
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, I'm going to critique this (sorry if you don't want it critiqued).

First of all, her legs aren't long enough, plus they're too thin. Her eyes look like they have eyeliner around them, too, and they usually don't. The dark lines (aka "eyeliner") make her look tired (try using a thinner pencil to fix this). Her shadow is a bit wiggly, too (or maybe that's the ground? either way it shouldn't be wiggly). Twilight's tail shouldn't be so droopy, either. That's really all; I like how detailed the cutie mark is, despite it being so small. The whole pony is well made, I like it :)

Thanks for the critique. :)

Twilight Sparkle is actually my favorite unicorn, I like this too.

Hey nice drawing! Looks pretty good. :)

Good job!

Thanks! ^_^

Nice work. Here's what I think of it and what others have said:

• I like the horn. I don't like pictures of ponies with large horns for some reason. Even cannon Celestia seems way to big in my opinion...
  • No one's said anything about the ears, they look spot on to me.
  • I agree that the hooves could be rounded a bit more and that the nose it too sharp but it's not uncommon and I have seen other pictures with sharp noses so it doesn't bother me too much.
  • The eyes also look good but it's hard to get a good look at them because the picture is small.
  • I'm undecided about the neck being too sharp, maybe a tiny bit but I feel if you take it out to the right too much you'll lose the shape of the head.
  • The cutie mark is a bit big for her body but as the picture is quite small it would have been hard to draw it to scale. I think it would be good drawing a bit it larger next time so that it's easier to work with.
  • I don't know about Twilight's hair being "bouncy" and I'm not sure if this is the right word as I don't know much about hair but I think what it needs more volume.
  • The body looks a bit off to me but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what is off about it.
  • The legs also are a bit thin but how much really depends on which picture your comparing it to because I've noticed that different artists draw it slightly differently.

It's a very good effort and my biggest feedback would be to draw it bigger next time, possibly double the size so that the features are easier to draw but whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Brohoof 1

Nice work. Here's what I think of it and what others have said:

• I like the horn. I don't like pictures of ponies with large horns for some reason. Even cannon Celestia seems way to big in my opinion...
  • No one's said anything about the ears, they look spot on to me.
  • I agree that the hooves could be rounded a bit more and that the nose it too sharp but it's not uncommon and I have seen other pictures with sharp noses so it doesn't bother me too much.
  • The eyes also look good but it's hard to get a good look at them because the picture is small.
  • I'm undecided about the neck being too sharp, maybe a tiny bit but I feel if you take it out to the right too much you'll lose the shape of the head.
  • The cutie mark is a bit big for her body but as the picture is quite small it would have been hard to draw it to scale. I think it would be good drawing a bit it larger next time so that it's easier to work with.
  • I don't know about Twilight's hair being "bouncy" and I'm not sure if this is the right word as I don't know much about hair but I think what it needs more volume.
  • The body looks a bit off to me but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what is off about it.
  • The legs also are a bit thin but how much really depends on which picture your comparing it to because I've noticed that different artists draw it slightly differently.
It's a very good effort and my biggest feedback would be to draw it bigger next time, possibly double the size so that the features are easier to draw but whatever you feel comfortable with.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.