Spender or Saver?

Jokuc

Spender or Sacer?  

180 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a spender or a saver?

• Spender
    • Saver
    • Both

Im a tad bit of both, more over towards spender. I can save when I need/want to, but when I got the money and I got a want for something then all hell breaks loose.

Ive also noticed that I usually have to buy another pair of pants. They keep getting giant flaming holes in them for some reason. :huh:

I only just got my first debit card and i haven't been overspending from it. Though people say i am stingy with all my possessions (this is true), i have - at times - bought some silly things and i prefer quality when i buy. So... I am a bit of both i guess.

I'm probably the poorest saver around. I don't spend money much. Usually only when I really want something or it's really cheap. Problem is, everything I want is really expensive.

For example, there is only one piece of software I want right now, and it costs over 5k!

Of course, I'm working on saving up money for the next part to my new PC right now.

Oh crap, I am definitely a spender for sure. The moment I am given money, it is gone.

Money burns in my pocket. I think it would be an understatement to call me an impulse shopper... it is a bit of a problem. Take me to the soap store, I will spend $75. You think I am going to the corner store for some ice cream? WRONG! I am picking up ice cream, chocolate milk, licorice, marshmallows, chips, chocolate, gum, and maybe some Goldfish. I dunno, I think I spend a bit unnecessarily.

I go to the mall tomorrow... I have no idea what I will purchase, but I know my bank balance will be $0.00 when I come home. ;~;

I save it untill I have enough cash to buy what I want, and I always want something and im always saving money for it and the next thing, so both.

Mostly spending. I try to hold onto my money as best as I can, but chances are I'll drain it through numerous multiple purchases and impulse buys. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a game store going "Not gonna buy anything, just browsing to get some idea- OMG THEY HAVE A COPY OF THAT?! AND IT'S ON SALE!?!!!? Must buy!"

To be quite honest, my family is so cheap that we don't bother turning on the AC in 100 degree heat, because it wastes too much electricity.

I seem to have inherited that quality from my parents as well. I skip lunch at school because it's overpriced. ^^

That's why I never do impulse buy's, hell I know people who do that and end up with a bunch of trash that they never used. I on the other hand only spend on the basic of life with the rare splurge on entertainment .

(edited)

I'm both.

I typically save for a certain thing, only wait till I have a few extra dollars, purchase, and repeat.

LODS OF EMONE.

Edited by Rochambo

Whenever I get paid I spend about 1/3 of it, put 1/3 of it into savings for college, and then put the last 1/3 of it into savings for a laptop...

... But only because my dad makes me...

(edited)

Posted Image

This, pretty much. :blush:

I went for so many months as a penniless brony. So now that I work, I'm getting all the stuff I wanted a while back! :D

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 1

This, pretty much. :blush:

I went for so many months as a penniless brony. So now that I work, I'm getting all the stuff I wanted a while back! :D

Same with me, sadly, I'm struggling to even find a job. :(

(edited)

Same with me, sadly, I'm struggling to even find a job. :(

Hey, I feel ya bro. You're seventeen though, so you have time. A lot of businesses won't even look at you before you're eighteen, but you don't have very long to wait! In fact, a lot of places look for fresh high school graduates, so they can be trained the way the employer wants them to be. At eighteen, most things open up for you; and at twenty-one, everything becomes fair game. :D

I went to university for five years, got a degree in Japanese... and now I pump gas at a full service station. It's fun, though! I did nothing but go to school until I finally graduated about a year ago, so for the moment, I'm happy to just cruise through working and build an eclectic collection of stuff. Watching American Pickers probably influenced that mindset, though. One of the things I do now is raid the local Goodwill for vintage electronics I know I can sell! :P

Edited by Questio

I save up to buy certain things, but otherwise, I'm a spender.

Because you die at the end anyway. Might as well enjoy it.

I'm usually a big spender. Whenever I get money, I immediately think, "What can I buy for X amount of dollars?" However, if there's something really awesome (and expensive) that I want, I can convince myself to save my money.

I'm a saver. I'm currently saving to buy a copy of mega man x3 for the snes.

That's awesome!
  • Brohoof 1

All depends last year I was spending like crazy.

( I get a little out of control with sale prices)

But this year i've been pretty good when it comes to not buying anything.

However if I have physical cash on me, that is usually gone very quick.

I honestly spend less when I have just a card on me, I really dislike carrying cash.

• Brohoof 1