Spender or Saver?

Jokuc

Spender or Sacer?  

180 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a spender or a saver?

• Spender
    • Saver
    • Both

A little of both. I tend to spend money when I don't need to, but I'll save if I want to buy something nice, or if I need something important.

• 1 year later...

I'm usually much more of a saver; most of my games and devices are preowned, and I don't treat myself to fancy meals or nights out or anything. I rarely get new clothes either, and when I do, they're often very basic and cheap... aside from maybe electricity bills, my lifestyle doesn't really use up a lot of money. :P

Definitely saver. Being anti-consumerist in ideology, I'm very stingy when it comes to spending money on frivolous crap and I get no sense of pride from owning stuff in itself.

For me, it makes more sense to be a member of a company like Zipcar than to own a car that does nothing but sit in the garage and slowly rust for most of its life.

I occasionally splurge on cheap things (market stuffs, special ingredients for dinner, etc), but for the most part I save for what I want. My last major purchase took about a year and a half's worth of savings. (7 string extended scale guitar with active pups)

I usually always spend my money, but recently there has nothing I have wanted or needed so I just saved it :P but I am broke now giving it to my parents...Oh well :3

(edited)

I'm generally a cheap bastard. So... yeah, I'm a saver.

If anyone's curious, I calculated my total expenses for the entire past year, which includes everything (rent, food, gas, utility bills, insurance, university tuition, etc, as well as one-time purchases like clothes, computer upgrades, and car maintenance). Based on that, on average, my cost of living is $2,000 per month. Of that, roughly $800 per month goes to books, tuition, and other fees.

If I wasn't going to school, I would only need to make $7.44 per hour (40 hours a week, 4 weeks a month) in order to support myself based on my current habits. If I had to live off of minimum wage, I could almost certainly make it work.

Edited by Admiral Regulus

(edited)

I'm more of a saver for two reasons:

• There really aren't a lot of things I want badly enough to actually try to buy that are within my price range.
  • I often forget that I have money to buy stuff with.
Edited by Jellyfish

I tend to save money whenever I receive my paycheck. I used to be a huge spender, but now I realize how important it is to save up money for something you truely want. Right now I'm saving up for my own car and I need money to pay college tuition.

I would classify myself as a little bit of both, if I want to buy something that requires me saving up money, then I'll save it, otherwise I will probably spend it.  I do try to find some sort of excuse to save up money though, I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money.