Spender or Saver?

Jokuc

Spender or Sacer?  

180 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a spender or a saver?

• Spender
    • Saver
    • Both

I'm looking forward to making claims on my taxes so I can save all the money I can. I'm generally great with my money..I have made all my bill payments without having anyone take my stuff away. However my dad is going to start charging me living fees in the house AND I am going to pay a brand new student loan in april....so 13 an hour is not going to cut it anymore. I know I should be happy, and I am. But when you get older...You just can't recklessly spend money on video games anymore. I did that when I was 15-17 and it was a dumb move. But I have plenty of money saved up. As long as I can afford my bills, afford my healthy foods and drinks and have the occasional buy, then I'm good. Now I know how my parents and my grandmother felt, when I was at Toys R Us begging for Fire Red on release day back in 2004....

I'm a saver... a huge saver, in fact. Probably because I grew up that way; my parents always thought it was important to save your money. I actually don't come across too many things that I want to buy, but when I do find something, I want it to be a high quality item.

I'm a saver, that is until I hit a goal or something I've been saving up for. My money just sits around collecting dust and whenever I'm presented with the opportunity to buy something I want, I make sure it's at it's lowest price by comparing it to other stores and it's not some cheap 'made in china' product.

• 1 month later...

I used to be a really good saver

and then I started getting into all sorts of things and now I'm a terrible spender

it gets to the point where I have panic attacks and ditch everything I was gonna buy at the checkout before running out of the store  :blink:

I'm trying to get into the habit of saving my money again because I'll need to sooner or later!

A mix of both to be honest.

When I get money, I instantly start going on a spending spree on the stuff I need to keep me entertained, fed, or well adjusted.

However, I also don't spend like crazy, as I do take account on what is needed, and not over do it.

I save and never spend anything, ever! *Buys donuts and video games* Well.. I mean err.. *And Plushies* But Nothing other than! *Buys DvD's* I err... ok so I'm bad at saving!

• Brohoof 1

I am more of a saver.

Not because I need to or care about saving money more than anyone else.

I just don't want a whole lot of things, sometimes I buy a few things but mostly saving.

Except steam summer sale, but even there I just buy games I really want. :ph34r:

The sad thing is, money is an economic tool and representation of "class" and now a factitoius representation of ideological "power", however, it gives you neither, it gives you the opportunity to live in a larger box than someone else and abide by someone elses rules, and it gives you the opportunity to have more things inside your box than others have in theirs. However, things are here for us to use, for personal enjoyment, tools of survival, indulgence. At which end our governing bodies have us hording our money to a certain extent if we want to have any "ambition"(their idea of the word) and want to progress in the economical hiearchy for our own well being. If you are a spender, you are more than likely a co-dependent to some extent.

My husband and I are very frugal people. But then again, when we do make purchases, we HAVE to save up for them because what we buy tends to be on the large side (like a metal lathe, or foundry equipment). We do not buy the newest greatest things, Most of our equipment is considered "Obsolete" because it's all so old.

As for the "little" things, I get our clothes at thrift stores (except pony clothes). However, I rarely buy clothes at all. I still have tank tops and shirts that are from high school (5-7 years old). My husband needs new clothes more often because he burns them up because of his welding job.

We don't smoke or drink, so that saves us A LOT of money compared to those who do. We rarely go out to eat (actually just yesterday, due to a night class running late, I had McDonald's for the first time in months and the fries were heaven, but Fish-O-Fillet was disgusting). We don't buy many trinkets or "useless" things either. I am not really a shopper, I am a supply getter (my husband is the same way).

Overall, we are savers, but honestly, it's really hard to save in general when the government takes everything we have, and leaves us the bones....

Edited by Treble Bolt

I am a spender. Definitely.

Whenever I get my paycheck and I see something I want, I get it.