Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

I split fears and phobias into 2 separate categories. Even though they shouldn't be split since generally they mean the same thing, I think phobias as some extreme sort of fear, being totally irrational. And a fear as something I dread, with reasoning to it.

Phobias I have in order from most extreme/severe to least;

Arachnophobia (Spiders)

Acrophobia (Heights)

Nyctophobia (The dark)

Driving Phobia/Hodophobia (Driving/Travel)

Claustrophobia (Small closed spaces with no escape)

While on the other hand I have my wrong definition of fears that being;

Afraid of my friends just all leaving me.

Afraid that I'd do something terrible to someone ruining who I try to be.

Scared of a close friend saying that they didn't care about me to begin with, and just saw me as someone to speak when bored.

Fear of failing at anything further more.

• Brohoof 1

Darkness. I can't stand the dark. When my parents are out somewhere and i'm alone in the house, i'll put on all the lights in the house. All of them. When i turn them off and go to sleep, i damn near run to my room. If i'm in a room that suddenly goes dark, i'll nope the fuck out of there as fast as possible. I blame the internet and my morbid curiosity for making me paranoid.

I'm freaked out by spiders. When I'm home alone and there's one in my room I close the door and go watch some TV until my parents return home and squeeze it like bosses.

I'm also scared of heights, I wasn't 2 months ago, though.

The 2 things that creep me out the most are clowns and dolls due to my brother showing me some scenes from 2 horror movies when I was like... 5?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The future. Things can go so, so wrong. Also, I live in the United States and the future looks a tad iffy here. The DHS buying all those bullets, and those Fema camps aren't for nothing.  :blink:

Edit: Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 2

I'm afraid of:

- Spiders

- Insects coming towards me

- Loud, continuous noises in the dark

- Black cloaks in my bedroom at night

- Downstairs toilets

- Deep water

(edited)

I have Spectrophobia and Claustrophobia, meaning I'm ABSOLUTELY terrified of Mirrors and small spaces. I can't be in a room with a mirror alone and I can't stand being in a small room. I just start freaking out and flipping tables.

I'm sorry, but I have to.

Like this?

twilight_is_table_flipping_mad_by_sketch

Anyways, I don't have many fears that really affect my daily life, but there are three that do tend to mess with my ability to function.

First is insectophobia. Not much of a big deal most of the time, but I'm in charge of mowing the lawn weekly. We don't live in a cookie-cutter suburb, so I have to deal with trees in our backyard. I can't even get close to trees out of fear that I'll get some bug on me, and I imagine I'd freak out if that happened. I've had to walk away from the mower because of wasps getting too close. Actually, embarrassingly enough, there was this one time where a butterfly scared the shit out of me.

Oddly enough however, there appears to be three exceptions - ladybugs, roly polies, and (usually) butterflies. For some reason they don't bug me. *cough*

Next is fear of drowning. I normally refuse to get into pools, but when I do, the moment I can't touch the ground or can't breath I start to flail. Every so often I'll try to re-learn how to swim, but I doubt I'll make much progress until I can stop freaking out.

And finally, fear of the unknown, in a very specific sense. The only way this effects me really is that I can't keep my door open when I sleep. I can sleep in a totally dark and quiet environment, but if there's an open door I'm terrified something will trudge out from behind it.

As for less debilitating fears, two things: blackholes and microscopic insects, specifically dust mites. I mean, have you seen those fucking things? They're terrifying. To this day I can't handle anything that has dust on it without wanting to immediately wash my hands.

As for blackholes, I have this fear that if I look at them they'll suck me in. Because of it, I can't look at blackholes. If it gets real bad, I'll start putting my hands in front of my eyes. Whirlpools unsettle me as well.

I used to be terrified of more abstract things: fear of death (I was terrified of the fact that once I die, I just... Disappear), fear of loneliness (scared of being alone in the world), fear of not having a purpose, etcetera. Those seem to have faded once I overcame my depression, however. I will say though, I am scared of failure, but I consider that normal.

Edited by Durandal

Never looked up the proper names, but I have a long, long, long list of fears. None of them are too unreasonable, I think. Fear of the dark, fear of spider, bees, ants, big dogs, little dogs, loud dogs, black cats, clowns, people standing behind me, loud noises, creaking stairs/doors/houses, horses (ironic, huh?), the forest, back alleys, etc. It's a long list.

I fear that I will one day wake up and forget everything. That has to be one of my biggest fears, I just can't imagine waking up one day and forget all the memories you have collected throughout the years. From the childhood to adulthood. After all, you can't make childhood memories after childhood has passed.

• Brohoof 1

I fear that I will one day wake up and forget everything. That has to be one of my biggest fears, I just can't imagine waking up one day and forget all the memories you have collected throughout the years. From the childhood to adulthood. After all, you can't make childhood memories after childhood has passed.

Annnnd lets just add that to the list, under "unimaginable horrors"... That's a living nightmare right there, forgettin'  your whole life in a night.

• Brohoof 2

Well my adoptive father just turned 60 this year and I'm 22. We had a falling out 2 years ago and I'm actually afraid of waking up one day and getting a phone call saying that he died and I never got to tell him I love him one last time.

(edited)

- Heights - self-explanatory

- Going really fuckin' fast in a thing I can't control (read: I'm terrified of roller coasters)

- Rejection/being publically ridiculed - the reason I dislike being social IRL (i.e. meeting new people, friends I already have are fine, and I act like I normally do (carefree, loony, Pinkie Pie-esque, etc.))

- The unknown - If something is really damn important, it is a horrifying prospect to me to not have the information I need to make the correct decisions about it. Related to the above - can't make calculated decisions while you're socializing, since things happen way too quickly for that to be plausible.

- Any flying thing with a stinger

- Needles (related to ^)

Edited by HandMan

Well, to be honest, I am afraid of bees, not deathly afraid, just completely afraid of them...

I have a form of paranoia, so I guess I am afraid of literally nothing, well, everything that isn't there to begin with. Which is why I have to have some form of noise on, or I'll mentally freak out. 

It's quite disappointing to live with actually...

I'm scared of being alone. I've always lived with my family and I have friends that I talk to but I get the feeling that as soon as I start living on my own that that would be the end. that I wouldn't ever meet another person outside of work

You and me both have the same fear. Out of everything else I can fear... Is me being alone. Right when I get a job, get a house, and not meeting a person who you might like. Yeah, dying alone is my fear.

(edited)

My biggest fear is demons. I don't even think they're real, at least not in the Christian understanding of what they are. But even just the idea of them terrifies me. 

What scares me the most is the whole idea of demonic possession. Logically, do I really think something like that could ever happen to me? No, not really. But the fear is still there. 

I've tried watching horror movies to make myself less scared of these sorts of things. I'm not sure whether or not that worked at all. I've seen several horror movies, and this stuff still scares me. But, I am nowhere near as easily frightened as I was 3 years ago - but I'm not sure if that's from watching horror movies, or just from becoming more emotionally mature in general. 

I almost feel like my fear of demons might be a phobia, or at least bordering on one. You see, I saw a movie when I was 15 that I don't even want to name that terrified me more than anything else I have ever seen. It was a new movie about demonic possession, and it took place in the Vatican (or at least it looked like it did). I know it wasn't real, but it was just so realistic. Now, I can't look at pictures of the Vatican, or think of the Vatican, without the terror I felt when I saw that movie a year ago start to rise up in me again. I even get scared when I see a priest in a black outfit, since some of the priests in the movie wore black outfits. 

I was watching the news some months ago and a segment about the Vatican came on, and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. 

Even just typing this right now, I feel like I'm going to have some kind of panic attack. I know I won't, because I've had a real panic attack before, and I don't feel anywhere near as stressed or freaked out as I did then. But I still feel like I'm on the road to having one by thinking about this stuff.

If anyone can give me advice about how to overcome this irrational fear, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by SCS

I'm scared of bees, wasps, etc due to my being highly allergic to them. 

I'm scared of my husband dying. 

I'm a little scared of heights.  I used to love rollar coasters but I got on a pirate ship ride and nearly fell out and I've been scared of them ever since.

I don't have any fears on a phobia level (at least I don't think so) but...

I'm afraid of spiders. Not the little tiny ones, but the big ones, like tarantulas, really freak me out. 

I'm afraid of falling. A totally rational fear. I'll ride plenty of roller coasters, but you won't catch me on any of those free fall rides. Nope, not happening. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have fears of:

1. extremely deep water (why I don't swim, and don't try.) {Aquaphobia}

2. heights (why I don't like going on rollercoasters all that much) {Acrophobia}

3. (extremely inextreme, in fact it is not really on a phobia level.) the dark. {not really a phobia}

Edited by Gamer P0N3

Some of my fears:

Someone poisoning my food ( I become paranoid when something smells unusual or tastes funny)

Having a unlocked but closed car door, I feel like the door will open and I'll fly out

Drowning

Torture

being kidnapped

Rollercoasters! ( My friends peer pressured me to go on one called Megaphobia, I hated it! the ride was shaking and I thought I'd fall out through the whole thing )

Diseases  

Boats

planes

I have Claustrophobia too

Edited by Nye1254

I have arachnophobia, that's my biggest fear, but I also have a fear of refection/failure, and I also have a fear of bodies of water I can't see the bottom off. 

I have Apiphobia. Fear of bees. Not so much bees as it is wasps though.

I also have some mild nyctophobia, fear of the dark. This is mostly triggered when I hear something or think I see something out of the corner of my eye in the dark, especially if I have to get up. However, I conquer this fear by carrying a knife with me whenever I get up. Don't worry, I'm not a psychopath. I guess I just watch way too many scary movies.

• Brohoof 2