Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hardest video game boss?

Flutter_shy_FTW

Defiently the 15th boss of "Shadow of the Colossus" on hard mode.

God ive never been so frustrated in my entire life.

Edited by Karba
  • Brohoof 1

The Yellow Devil from Mega Man is extremely hard. At least there is a a easy to beat him. Eh Still extremely hard if you don't feel like cheating to victory. Charge Man from Mega Man 5 is hard enough without his weakness and is a bit more beatable, but he is the hardest robot master to beat with his weakness. Also don't get me started on Shao Khan from any of the Mortal Kombat games.

Hardest Bosses I ever fought were

Shinryu in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy XI - He's pretty hard in final fantasy IV the after years, but it takes a lot of HP for survival and you have to buff your party up with protect and shell. In Final Fantasy XI, well the doom status happens and the drop rate on the equipment is too low even with treasure hunter trait and blue !! proc.

Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VIII - Probably Surge Cannon, Rocket Punch, and Banish can get me easily defeated. Final Fantasy VIII, well I can't even beat this boss so I don't know what's the strategy for it. All I went was go limit break that's it.

Proto-Ultima in Final Fantasy XI - Probably one of the hardest bosses to kill in a endgame content, but the move called Citadel Buster can cause massive damage to you and your party if not rushed to kill it fast before it uses the move.

Amphitrite in Final Fantasy XI - Well His moves changes shields so if it's on physical mode, magic damage will heal it. Same goes for the opposite if on magic mode and not to mention enmity control if this happens

Kukulkan in Final Fantasy XI - Gazes happen when I'm fighting this guy.

I thought that the second time you fight B.O.X from Metroid Fusion was insanely hard. You have to climb across the ceiling while it jumps around and shoots seeking missiles at you, and if you get hit once, you fall into the electrified water below. To hit it, you have to wait until it stops jumping and slowly climb until you're right above it, then shoot it. If you don't make it there in time, it shoots it's missiles at you, and if you don't shoot those down quick enough, they knock you into the water, where you'll probably get hit by B.O.X while trying to get back up. I tried at least ten times before it finally beat it.

I never hear anyone talk about it, so maybe it was just me that had trouble with it.   

In birth by sleep, there's this one boss who is a major pain for not only being the toughest boss in the game, but generally impossible to beat without having to use cheap moves or constantly dodging.

It's even worse if your playing as terra, as his slower and heavier style gameplay makes it unbeatable. 

See for yourself.

Chairman Drek from Ratchet and Clank is still one of the hardest bosses I have ever faced. But with that in mind, there is nothing more satisfying than playing New Game+ and utterly destroying him with the R.Y.N.O. Took a few hours of grinding but it was totally worth it.

Then there's LaMu, the final boss from Megaman Starforce 2. He's even worse if your trying to 100% the game, in which case not only do you have to fight an even more powerful version of him, but after viewing almost ten minutes of unskippable credits, you are immediately thrust into another hard as sin fight with a secret boss that will kill you in the blink of an eye. And should you lose against him (which I did), you have to go through the entire thing all over again, credits and all.

Another "hard" Megaman boss would be Duo from Battle Network 4. However, he's only hard because of the game's stupid format, only giving you level 2-3 weapons on subsequent playthroughs. On your first playthrough, you might have just barely enough power to whittle his health down, if you survive long enough with only maybe half of the maximum health.  

I gotta say when I think of "hard" I think of a boss with that ONE move that just traps you into an endless night of cussing in your mind and slamming the controller until you see shards everywhere. Thus said I have a few!

ANY of the Ninja Gaiden NES Trilogy:  The games themselves, Sonic hands required.  The Final bosses?  Never loved more than two forms.

Gestu Fuma Den (forgot boss's name): Its a Japanese only game, but I found an English patch to rom it, man does that dragon hurt!  Three forms yes, but the first two are like cake walks, then that sucker pops up and its like "Screen hog much?"

Ruby Weapon FFVII:  I know people say emerald, but I learned to beat him on key with the right gear and no more.  I mean the 20 minute timer is a small issue but its doable.  Ruby on the other hand takes matters WAAAAY to far!  IMO, HARDEST BOSS OF THE YEAR earned and re-earned every time I fight Ruby.

High Max MegaManX6:  People talk about the 8-bits being hard, and if it wasn't for the fact I abused my NES as a kid to beat 1-6 to death and back every weekend I'd agree.  Low and behold to this day X6 is my worst MegaMan game to play.  High Max takes the most blows (even more than Sigma it feels like sometimes) and dishes you very few to kill you.  High Max was always a Zero fight for me, but I had to like do a prayer/meditation ritual to even DO the fight, forget the stages alone can be hazardous.

Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal!:  Do I even need to explain why? or will the words PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!! sum it up?  In short after taking maybe 10-15% of his life he flies off into a field, mid field he BLASTS THE DUCKS out of you with this long ranged OP'd laser he uses.  Even with the Shield on it still doesn't save your hide if your slow and get into a fire fight with EVERYTHING ELSE coming at you.  Past the bridge the big trouble is his Nuke ability tied into his blast bombs of darkness.

That's all I got

I shall now tell you a story.

A story about a brilliant game.

An indie game, known as Cave Story.

I won't go into too many details about it, as they are irrelevant, but there's one thing that should be noted about the game: Trial and error.

Despite being a completely fair platformed, where all hits normally feel justified, the game is oddly able to kill you many times every level before you actually get the hang of it.

Case in point, Ballos.

Prior to fighting Ballos, you go through the most gruesome dungeon of the game, the Bloodied Sanctuary. You run through a room with falling blocks, get assaulted by deadly angel-demons, and it's full of cheap shots as you traverse the VERY difficult and fast-paced level. Making it through at ALL is a feat in itself. Hell, the first platforming section ALONE is guaranteed to wipe you out of at least half your HP (IF you aren't killed by the insta-kill spikes on your way down).

Then, you fight a boss named Heavy Press. It will take you several times to beat him. You will die many times.

Then, you reach the room below him, hope there are hearts in the nearby statue room, and head toward the final battle. After talking to the spirit of his deceased dog, you see Ballos, giving his incredibly forced-in tragic backstory.

And then you fight him.

Through three forms.

Three. Grueling. Forms.

Each form continuously gets harder and harder as you get through, and you're very likely to die several times on each form individually. Especially the last form. The last form is ungodly unfair. You're assaulted with angel-demons, the floor is spiked, and Ballos' only weak spot, his now bloody eyes, only OCCASIONALLY open. You WILL die.

... Everything before Ballos is irrelevant? I think I forgot to mention something.

As you play through all of this crap before and during the Ballos battle, you CANNOT SAVE.

No checkpoints, no resting areas, and only a brief room to catch your breath. Most likely, when you reach Ballos, your life will nearly be gone. And when you die, you START ALL OVER.

Yes, the battle gets easier the more you play it, but the first billion times, you learn the level's called "hell", for a reason.

Bane from Batman: Arkham Origins, the first time you face him it gets pretty annoying because he regenerates his venom if you continuously hit him without stunning him first.

I'm sorry but if Bane, Bane, Mr. Dodge-his-easily-predictable-attacks-then-stun-him-and-attack is the HARDEST BOSS you've EVER faced (or even in the top ten!) then you have had it WAAAAAAAY too easy as a gamer.

Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy 8 was a pain...Never did beat him.

Evrae from 10...First form, on the airship. Soooo many game overs...

Legend of Dragoon's Divine Dragon was my very first ever instance of ragequitting in gaming. (I later discovered a stupidly-overlooked weakness and hated myself.)

Also, the bosses in Catherine are pretty unconventional but I'm gonna count them so: Child With Chainsaw. I have never wanted to kill a baby until this boss (it's a giant fetal baby, with a chainsaw...Coming out of its eyesocket. Catherine is an amazing yet terrifying experience.)

A number of Touhou bosses...Any boss in Rogue Legacy (never beat one)...Really, any enemy at all in a roguelike could count as a boss considering how much the entire game is trying to screw you at any given moment...

I like these kinda threads. Fun to see who raged trying to beat who. But let's be honest, guys...

The number one, universal, undeniably hardest video game boss EVER in all of history in all universes is...

Tom Nook. You never pay off the debt. There's always more. You pay and pay, and work and work, but there is always more. It is impossible to escape the debt, and Tom's criminal tyranny over the land is eternally unbreakable. All hope is lost. And just when the town really starts to pick up, you'll leave the game behind...The town loses its mayor, weeds and dirt run rampant, houses fall into disrepair, society crumbles, Blathers is served up as dinner to the starving citizens, Isabella turns to drugs in her hopelessness...Everyone and everything suffers. Everything, of course, except the endless money-hording reach of the power-mad monster known as Tom Nook.

• 1 month later...

The Final Boss in Phantasy Star Online Plus Episode 1.  It took me such a long time to beat, to a point where I beat him at lvl 85.

Forget Kingdom Hearts 2 Sephiroth. I managed to beat him. This Sephiroth was harder.

And to top it all off, he was voiced by a former member of N'Sync.

Edited by Solar Cloud

there has only been one boss that i have never been able to kill... and i do not think i will ever be able to do it. that is the boss that you fight in kingdom hearts one when you go to neverland and visit the clocktower near the end of the game...nothing i ever tried even did anything to him...he has about 6 healthbars...and i never managed to empty one of them.

You mean "The Phantom" right? 

I hated him too. But,I was able to beat him eventually.

I haven't fought him but I can't even beat the Ice Titan or that guy in the desert so I don't think I'd ever be able to beat him. xD

I've beaten the Ice Titan,but never Kurt Zisa.

That dude is tough!

Kurt_Zisa.jpg

(But luckily,they're optional bosses.)

OT:Kurt Zisa is one tough cookie.

I've never beaten him. But,I plan to go back and beat him sometime.

You mean "The Phantom" right? 

I hated him too. But,I was able to beat him eventually.

I've beaten the Ice Titan,but never Kurt Zisa.

That dude is tough!

Kurt_Zisa.jpg

(But luckily,they're optional bosses.)

OT:Kurt Zisa is one tough cookie.

I've never beaten him. But,I plan to go back and beat him sometime.

It's been awhile and my skills have certainly improved. I think if I get to a higher level I'll have a better chance against both of them.

Sephiroth, FF7/KH2.

Necron, FFIX.

In my opinion anyway.

I don't remember much bosses for some reason..

Edited by LogicalAventa

It's been awhile and my skills have certainly improved. I think if I get to a higher level I'll have a better chance against both of them.

The problem with the Phantom is that he curses one of your characters.

If you don't use your stop spell on the clock before the number above your character reaches 0

,your character will be knocked out.

Kurt Zisa's problem is that he's just so damn powerful. 

Not to mention,he has a hell of a lot of health.

I almost beat him once,but I died.