Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [OOC] Equestrian War

~The Snowy Wolf~

(edited)

It's sort of an artifact from the original version, but I like it, and it makes things simpler. Plus, they have the infrastructure of a military, just not the technology.

Take out the technology and the infrastructure is half destroyed now all we can have is relative simple rifles to a select few correct? Well thats all we got, and instead mortars, we got catapaults/cannons...but taking out the technology takes out part of the fun and you still get the same results except they just look different and more boring so I STILL don't understand your logic...

Edited by Valiant

Hey, as soon as Celestia lets Nightfall in, he'll drop Striker off and go find Wits, ok?

Sounds like a plan. Then OFF TO WAR!!!

...for Nightfall. Wits will prolly get himself in trouble.

Take out the technology and the infrastructure is half destroyed now all we can have is relative simple rifles to a select few correct? Well thats all we got, and instead mortars, we got catapaults/cannons...but taking out the technology takes out part of the fun and you still get the same results except they just look different and more boring so I STILL don't understand your logic...

My logic most revolves around we decided this long ago, and also that lower tech levels would help things be less hectic and also allow for more understandable warfare and less god-modding. Plus, these ponies have magic and pegasi, which can be substituted for a lot of the technology you are referring to.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I say since were basically now a bunch of people beating each other with sticks how could there be infrastucture? Its just pointless...well I guess we'll fight like it's 1710 in japan ^__^ (Search Shogun 2 for reference)

Edited by Valiant
  • Brohoof 1

I say since were basically now a bunch of people beating each other with sticks how could there be infrastucture? Its just pointless...well I guess we'll fight like it's 1710 in japan ^__^ (Search Shogun 2 for reference)

Have you ever heard of the Roman Empire? I rest my case.
  • Brohoof 2

Sounds like a plan. Then OFF TO WAR!!!

...for Nightfall. Wits will prolly get himself in trouble.

Poor Wits. :P

Anyway, I'm ready.

ever heard of the spanish? the french? the english? they all had swords and gun's too.

But did you see guns during the roman empire? Didn't think so...and the guns they use are too modern for the scenario that Infinitywhale set up

But did you see guns during the roman empire? Didn't think so...and the guns they use are too modern for the scenario that Infinitywhale set up

Fallout: new vages I REST MY CASE!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The no modern tech ruined half the roleplay for me and the immersion into the rp as well...and you probably need to change the system or people will get confused like me :/

The Solar Empire militia was taken by surprise, but quickly drew up and formed ranks. With a long line of ponies in tow, they slowly began to advance towards the NLR forces, taking it one step at a time.

Just to let you know...militia is citizens which are poorly trained how to fight so if you want to suicide them be my guest ^__^ Edited by Valiant

The no modern tech ruined half the roleplay for me and the immersion into the rp as well...and you probably need to change the system or people will get confused like me :/

We covered this before. In it's the rules. Did you read the rules? This takes place in the shows chronology, that has a very low tech-level, with only the occasional reference to guns. After all, it's not like they were really prepared for war, either side, and even if the technology for guns was there (doubtful), they couldn't have started mass-producing them, nor are they to the level where they would be useful enough to supplant swords.
  • Brohoof 1

We covered this before. In it's the rules. Did you read the rules? This takes place in the shows chronology, that has a very low tech-level, with only the occasional reference to guns. After all, it's not like they were really prepared for war, either side, and even if the technology for guns was there (doubtful), they couldn't have started mass-producing them, nor are they to the level where they would be useful enough to supplant swords.

*sigh* still...there could of been a time of preparation in advance...damn and this was going to be a good rp...

Anywayeth leteth useth continueth to beateth the shiteth outeth each other with sticks!!!

Just to let you know...militia is citizens which are poorly trained how to fight so if you want to suicide them be my guest ^__^

The entire thing that the SE has going for it is preparation and order, which means the militia would be well-trained and well organized. Quit trying to control the whole freaking RP. You're not in charge. I'm more in charge than you are, in point of fact.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

*sigh* still...there could of been a time of preparation in advance...damn and this was going to be a good rp...

Anywayeth leteth useth continueth to beateth the shiteth outeth each other with sticks!!!

If you dislike the way the RP rules were set up, leave and start your own RP. I hate getting notifs about someone posting here in the OOC and finding out it's people complaining about the rules we set up. It's a complete waste of everypony's time.

Edited by Nightfall
  • Brohoof 1

If you dislike the way the RP rules were set up, leave and start your own RP. I hate getting notifs about someone posting here in the OOC and finding out it's people complaining about the rules we set up. It's a complete waste of everypony's time.

Quotehoof. Can we just get everyone to tattoo that onto their ribs, for us?

The Soldier, what is Red doing in Ponyville at this point? Is he part of the militia, or of a larger regiment of troops in the area? It could be important later.

• Brohoof 2

Vinyl is making me post :(

So erm...what era of technology is this, now? 0_o I'm quite lost and/or confused.

Technology from the show, basically. Muskets are allowed, but not quite too mass produced yet.

Technology from the show, basically. Muskets are allowed, but not quite too mass produced yet.

Mmm, what century of technology would it be in human years?

I said early 20th century. Do you think it's fair to say that ponies as smart as this could make breech-loaded rifles, infinity?

Just a few though

The Soldier, what is Red doing in Ponyville at this point? Is he part of the militia, or of a larger regiment of troops in the area? It could be important later.

• Brohoof 1

I said early 20th century. Do you think it's fair to say that ponies as smart as this could make breech-loaded rifles, infinity?

Just a few though

My main problem is permeation. They couldn't have more than a couple, because no one has extensive mass-production technology. So they would be allocated to a few special ponies, and taken care of very well. So, yeah, 18th century style rifles are fine.
  • Brohoof 1

Just a few though

Should I have that tattoo'd on my ribs?