Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [OOC] Equestrian War

~The Snowy Wolf~

Do we need to collect the grand list of rule concepts and ideas? I'd be happy willing to do it.

As for Celestia, if you're not to keen on the idea, I think I'd enjoying playing Celestia as necessary.

Finally, we need to make sure we get the primary conflict right. The Solar Empire is not evil, they are just centered around safety. Celestia is stern because she wants to protect her subjects. The New Lunar Republic is fighting for freedom, and Luna is fighting for that reason. It might seem like an easy decision, but everyone has a price, and will sell their freedom eventually.

• Brohoof 2

Okay soo.....

do I REALLY have to change my avatar or is everyone just being.........goofy?

also,

this message is getting really aggravating

Your post is too short. It does not contain enough characters!

• Brohoof 1

It'd be much appreciated for both. Thank you

Do we need to collect the grand list of rule concepts and ideas? I'd be happy willing to do it.

As for Celestia, if you're not to keen on the idea, I think I'd enjoying playing Celestia as necessary.

Finally, we need to make sure we get the primary conflict right. The Solar Empire is not evil, they are just centered around safety. Celestia is stern because she wants to protect her subjects. The New Lunar Republic is fighting for freedom, and Luna is fighting for that reason. It might seem like an easy decision, but everyone has a price, and will sell their freedom eventually.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Great comment, I like the fact that you have noted the need for a reason to fight, not just because the war has happened. Also I thought you did a great job as wits, your news flashes worked well..

Also, we need to remember not to go off topic. So we should all work together to keep this RP stable and uncluttered.

* remember to keep the comments in this thread on topic and not fluff, I don't want this to be canned like the last RP.

Edited by Abaddon
  • Brohoof 2

Another Rule: Wits End shouldn't die.

Seriously, Wits is a cool guy. He shouldn't be on the NLR side the whole time, but he shouldn't be on the SE side the whole time. He should be neutral.

As for the war, Wits made a great comment. I agree with Abbadon.

Finally, I believe you can, jdor. Just remember that every time a comment is made, you don't have to reply.

Another Rule: Wits End shouldn't die.

Seriously, Wits is a cool guy. He shouldn't be on the NLR side the whole time, but he shouldn't be on the SE side the whole time. He should be neutral.

As for the war, Wits made a great comment. I agree with Abbadon.

Finally, I believe you can, jdor. Just remember that every time a comment is made, you don't have to reply.

What could be interesting is to have wits run an interview session with major leaders, as well as citizens. I think it would be a great addition to have civilian imput as to what their views on the conflict are (we could work together on creating this).

• Brohoof 1

Lunar Republic

Princess Luna (dominatorstrangeman8)

MC General of the Lunar Republic, Vinyl Blade

Army Maj General, Crystal Flame

AF Senior Master Sergeant, Stardream

Army Corporal, Fine Tune

Army Corporal, Shade

War Reporter, Wits End

Solar Empire

Army General of the Solar Empire, Oldsmoke "Smoky" Patton

Navy Leutenant, Slipstream

MC Colonel, Nightfall

MC Gunnery Sergeant, Valiant

MC Sergeant, Mythos Gray

Army Private, Crimson

Where am I?

Another thing is that I'm going to have to put my hoof down on one point, and hope the Vinyl agrees with me:

No guns beyond musket-level. The reason being that such weapons existed, they would dominate warfare. That's kind of why they did so in real life. If we allow high-tech guns, it's going to lead to a one-sided battle EVERY TIME.

Though I appreciate the sentiment, the fact remains that Wits is MY char, and if I find it necessary for him to die, I will kill him off without a blush.

• Brohoof 2

Another thing is that I'm going to have to put my hoof down on one point, and hope the Vinyl agrees with me:

No guns beyond musket-level. The reason being that such weapons existed, they would dominate warfare. That's kind of why they did so in real life. If we allow high-tech guns, it's going to lead to a one-sided battle EVERY TIME.

Quoting and brohoofing. Ponies don't even have fingers to pull the triggers, guys, and they're blatantly out of place. Either guns or ponies; they don't go together.

Quoting and brohoofing. Ponies don't even have fingers to pull the triggers, guys, and they're blatantly out of place. Either guns or ponies; they don't go together.

Actually it can work, as is evidenced by Fallout Equestria and its many sequels. The ponies there are able to use guns, but holding them in their mouths, while ponies with telepathy can float them by their sides. But I agree, we need to cap the power of the weapons.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rule #1: If more than 3 ponies are interacting at once, and in combat situations at ALL times, a posting order must be established, to be superceded only as necessary.

Rule #2: In combat situations, a 2 minute “grace period” will be established between posts for consideration and typing times, to be lengthened or shortened at the GM, or Assistant GM’s discretion.

Rule #3: If three members or a GM claim that a character is god-modding or acting over-powered, then that user must submit and retcon if necessary.

Rule #4: No killing without prior permission, and no inta-killing EVER. Allow the user to kill their own character. If we need to arrange a few freak accident, so be it.

Rule #5: No non-canon God Tier characters. That is, no characters may approach the power level of Luna and Celestia in a simple fight. Tactics and other factors may change this.

Rule #6: Proper grammar and spelling must be adhered to as much as possible, especially capitalization and punctuation. If the character is speaking, use quotation marks, and italicize to exhibit thoughts.

Rule #7: Late Medieval Fantasy technology in general, with specific instances of advanced technology being used as approved. Think around the show’s level of technology.

Rule #8: Avoid cluttering the RP and OOC threads as much as possible.

Rule #9: Take any precautions to ensure a fun and organized RPing experience.

Edited by InfinityWhale
  • Brohoof 1

Actually it can work, as is evidenced by Fallout Equestria and its many sequels. The ponies there are able to use guns, but holding them in their mouths, while ponies with telepathy can float them by their sides. But I agree, we need to cap the power of the weapons.

The only reason I'm with InfinityWhale on the muskets is that they seem to be so important to everyone. Why do we need guns anyway? They don't fit, they're convoluted, and we have magical ponies who can cast spells and control the weather. Is it nostalgia, or a "guns are cool" factor? Or "if war, then guns?" I don't get the need for them.

I'm sorry to rant, but it's something I've had to get out there for a while.

• Brohoof 2

The only reason I'm with InfinityWhale on the muskets is that they seem to be so important to everyone. Why do we need guns anyway? They don't fit, they're convoluted, and we have magical ponies who can cast spells and control the weather. Is it nostalgia, or a "guns are cool" factor? Or "if war, then guns?" I don't get the need for them.

I'm sorry to rant, but it's something I've had to get out there for a while.

I agree with what you are saying, and it does kind of make sense. But it all depends, especially where this is supposed to be a steampunk RP, where guns exist and are a crucial component of the "genre"

I agree with what you are saying, and it does kind of make sense. But it all depends, especially where this is supposed to be a steampunk RP, where guns exist and are a crucial component of the "genre"

Read my recent rules post. The show rarely approaches Steampunk level. That's the upper limit of tech power, and should only apply in cases like trains, the occasional musket and maybe a couple of contraptions by engineering ponies.

(edited)

Guns aren't crucial to steampunk, they're a consequence of the genre. The only thing that steampunk needs is to have technology offshooting from the "steam and machinery" era of civilization, usually pictured as kind of Victorian in nature. They had guns, so steampunk gets guns.

Edited by Slipstream

All right. Hey, Wits. I did see your post. I'm just waiting some time to see if anyone else joins this part of the story and so I can think of what I will say.

All right. Hey, Wits. I did see your post. I'm just waiting some time to see if anyone else joins this part of the story and so I can think of what I will say.

You could wave Wits through, like a Bro. Also, I think Valiant (maybe somebody else) walked up to you.
  • Brohoof 1