Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Z.J.A.

33 users have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Repeat watching the entire series
    • Stop thinking of MLP until I hear of a new season
    • Go to sleep when a season's done, then wake up when you hear of a new one

Rewatch all the episodes, collect more pony merch, save up for a pony plushie.

I also plan on repainting some blind bag ponies into Warhammer and Warmachine miniatures.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

What pony-related stuff you do to keep you going during the dry season (in between season 2 and 3)?

Edit: To clarify, what pony-related things do you do?

Also, (if you were a brony long enough) what did you do between season 1 and 2?

Edited by RiverBankNut

I don't see a single way to answer this other than, 'everything'. DeviantART for art, FIMFiction for fanfiction, google images for memes and other funny image sources, Youtube for everything from clips to animations. The internet is crawling with pony content. There's so much in fact, that it's incredibly easy to stumble upon new things you've never seen before, though you've been searching for months. I kind of shake my head when people moan about not being able to wait for the next season to come out already, because to me, they're not taking full advantage of the depth of this fanbase's talent.

Like I've always said, the show is the roots in the earth that start it, and the fandom and community, and the magnificent things it creates, is the rest of the tree. People act like there's not much to do other than the show, and I guess for some who aren't into stories or art or anything that's indeed true, but that's a bit sad looking from where I am. I got into the show months ago and I'm still as every bit patient about season 3 as I ever was, and would have had another several months in me, if it had taken that long.

tl;dr, my answer is everything. The community, and what it produces across the internet, as a whole.

• Brohoof 7

haha he said "dry season"

my dirty mind.

I keep going with my life, its not like MLP is the only thing in my life.

Heh, I didn't think of it like that...

Drawing the ponies, making up letters to Celestia, and work on this sprite collection i'm working on.

I just hope someone put season 3 up on Youtube.

Oh don't worry, the guys who made the show decided it's okay (I think) to put episodes on youtube.

(edited)

I spend this time changing the world. I'm running for President this year but the media is ignoring me. Cast your vote for me as a write-in candidate!

Hollowshield 2012!!!!!

I will endorse mlpforums when I become precident!

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

Between seasons 1+2 I spent ponifing EVERYTHING! And between season 2+3 i'm making pony videos!

so you were like

Posted Image

Drawing the ponies, making up letters to Celestia, and work on this sprite collection i'm working on.

Did you make that Rainbow Dash sprite in your signature? I have to say, it looks really good :)
  • Brohoof 2

Like Chaotic said, everything. I do everything. I find pony pictures on deviantART, watch pony-related videos, do my own pony art and music, and buy some merchandise. Yup.

tl;dr

I pretty much do the same. I check out all of the stuff that the community produces, such as the music, the art, the stories, and of course, the memes. The thing I love about the community is that we are all so creative and talented.

• Brohoof 1

Chaotic makes some great points, so basically the same, there are so much things this fandom creates everyday! I don't see how you could get bored waiting, plus the waiting is part of the excitement, it will make season 3 more enjoyable when it finally does come.

(edited)

so you were like

Posted Image

Did you make that Rainbow Dash sprite in your signature? I have to say, it looks really good :)

No, sadly. Right now i'm working on the bases, the Rainbow Dash sprite is from a deviantartist (that is not me, since I don't have an account yet :o)

Back on topic, I actually forgot to mention that I am attempting to get my dad into the show. I wish to get him in before Season 3, that's my primary goal.

Edited by Resolution

(edited)

I join mlpforums.com, begin to learn how to draw ponies with Adobe Illustrator CS6 and Paint Tool SAI, and write fanfictions (not read, only write).

Also, anime.

Edited by Chiaki

Back on topic, I actually forgot to mention that I am attempting to get my dad into the show. I wish to get him in before Season 3, that's my primary goal.

Wow that's kind of cool, a brony dad :lol: I hope you get him into the series, they are quite funny and adults can watch cartoons too.

Lets see, during the dry spell between season 1 and 2; I re-watched season 1 episodes, recolored some ponyta/rapidash sprites to make them look like the ponies, discovered EQD and lurked it for merch. news/game news/"interesting stuff" news, and watched some PMVs.

During this dry spell?

I still lurk EQD for merch., games, and "interesting stuff" news, re-watch episodes, re-watch old PMVs that I liked, draw my ponysona, play pony games, look at funny pony pictures (like that brony-memebase site thingamabob), listen to some pony music, and that is pretty much it.

For the most part I don't care much for fan-art; I've never really liked looking at it. *shrug* Same for fanfics, though I have listened* to some (*I like having things read to me instead of reading it myself. /lazy) Fan-made pony music is hit-or-miss for me, and I don't usually go looking for some unless I'm really, really, bored. Same for PMVs.