Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best compliment you have ever received?

LovingTolerance

I'm just curious, because I always try to make others feel good around me both online and off and I wonder what makes people feel best.

I think the best complement I ever received was that I try hard. That felt better than someone saying that I was tall or smart, because those are just traits and don't indicate any moral value.

When I'm told that I make people laugh or that I'm funny. Been told that a bunch of times here :3

Whelp, guess that means I'm Pinkie Pie. *throws party*

Nonononononono, your greatest compliment was the one from me. Those don't just get thrown around ya know! Kids these days, not appriciating compliments! *raises cane angrily*
  • Brohoof 3

I got a very long, analytic and professionally written PM on FIMFiction a few days ago complimenting my writing style, particularly how I'm able to display impacting emotions in character interactions, without needing to have characters go to their emotional limits (aka, death, abandonment, and other negative themes).

• Brohoof 1

My best compliment ever was probably when my older brother told me he wish he was more like me, but it really made me sad too...

My younger brother is pretty much smarter, more creative, and more emotionally stable than me. I wish I was more like him. The only thing I've got over him is that I'm in way better shape physically.

Kind of a long story, but I was waiting for the bus in the pouring rain with about 6 other people whom i didn't know. I offered to share my umbrella with people, we all huddled under it, waited for the bus, got on the bus, and went home. I knew I was doing something nice, but didn't think anything else of it other than "I should be nice and share my umbrella" which i did.

Weeks later at a different buss stop, this lady came up to me and thanked me for keeping her daughter dry during the storm the other day. She said her daughter came home and told her that a white girl with a purple umbrella and a corderory patchwork backpack at the busstop kept her dry. She said she was pretty sure that was me, and thankyou.

I was so blown away that weeks later this girl's mother remembered that story, guessed i was the one in it, and went out of her way to thank me. I was so happy for the rest of the day :)

Edited by Bunches
  • Brohoof 3

The best complement was when a mod from another site said quote "I am your biggest fangirl"

The best complement was "I like the sparkle in your eyes, you seem like a very genuine person". Its the best because that's the last thing I would complement myself on, given the myriad of lies and all.

Whenever I share my opinion or try to be nice to a hater, I always get a compliment. They say, "Cool Story Bro." Which is a great compliment because it confirms my story to be cool and for me to be a "bro".

• Brohoof 4

I was told that I had a nice hat. I thanked him,

He said that he was being sarcastic.

Then I stole his face.

What a great day.

not really connecter to this thread ._.

but i really like those videos, they are funny ^^;

the moon thingy is the best :3

not really connecter to this thread ._.

but i really like those videos, they are funny ^^;

the moon thingy is the best :3

I was making a joke that that was my Best Complement I received. I was also seeing if anyone would get the reference which you did.

I was making a joke that that was my Best Complement I received. I was also seeing if anyone would get the reference which you did.

i guessed you joked, but i dont really get along with quoting jokes XP

This would kind of be a compilation. But as someone who is in the military, I am keenly aware of the treatment those who came before me received after Vietnam and I am always humbled when someone comes up to me, shakes my hand and says "Thank you" You cannot imagine the feeling one gets when that happens. I mean these people did not see me do anything, I wasn't moving furniture or delivering a package....I was just wearing a uniform.

• Brohoof 3

The most common compliment I receive is, "You have an unbelievable amount of potential (but you don't try)." which is from just about every adult I've conversed with in my life. From peers, though? The "best" compliment I received from a peer is probably the one time where some guy said to me, "Even though you've got the figure of a 5th grader, I'd still tap dat."

I no longer speak to that person.

I don't really get many compliments, because I refuse to be that social.

Edited by Chiaki