Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My cat has died

Flappel Piedash

Yesterday when i was sleeping at a friend my mum called me and said that my cat had died... today we are going to barry her but we still dont know why she died... She was all normal and she was only 5 years old. it was the cutest and most nice and sweet cat i have ever had and meet and suddelny now she just dont exist anymore. its..... i mean.... i still dont understand she is dead... she is never more going to come and jump up in my bed or i will never more give her food or be whit her... now im just so sad and i dont know what to do... post-6900-0-39833100-1344012463_thumb.jpgpost-6900-0-64538900-1344012632_thumb.jpgpost-6900-0-09011100-1344012638_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry. Losing pets is VERY hard. It's almost discouraging to get another one... D: And to die so young? =(

I'm actually not sure what the average lifespan for a cat is as I've never had one, but I would imagine it's around twice that? Losing one so young just makes it all of the more heartbreaking. =(

I can undersand what you're going through. I know how much it hurts to lose a pet that you hold very close to your heart. Time passes and things must move on. At least you had time to be happy with your pet before he/she passed away. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Really sorry to hear that. I lost my dog about a year ago, it took me a while to get over it. Most cats live to be about 12-14, so the fact that she died so young really is a mystery.

Once again, really sorry to hear :(.

Damn, I donno what to tell you.

I've had a cat named Whiskers I adopted and raised for about 6 years now, and I can't imagine losing him.

It's tough to go though, believe me, I've had to do it before with my old cat Sammy. The best thing I can do is tell you to try to get another cat, but never forget your old one. Remember the good times you had. I'm sure that's what your cat would want you to do. :)

Also Envy, average lifespan of a cat is approx. 13-15 years.

• Brohoof 1

As with all life, this wonderful creature's has ended.

Please, remember and cherish the good times you had with her, but try not to weep too many tears of loss. Again, as with all things that live, they must decay. Her energy shall not go wasted somewhere, for this is a law of life: energy and matter cannot come from nowhere and cannot disappear into nothingness. She will nourish something that will grow beautiful.

I am sorry for your loss.

Edited by AppleJackle
  • Brohoof 2

Oh the poor darling D: I hope she passed peacefully. If it helps any, I believe that if this kitty was as sweet as you say she must be in heaven now. She'll always be with you in your heart too. Though her time was short, she'll always be with you in a way.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but over my lifespan, I've had 14 dogs, 5 koi, a rabbit (damn I loved that rabbit) and 4 cats. To this day none are alive. My last cat lived for almost 12 years, and she was shot during a home invasion. We eventually had to put her down.

Trust me, you will get over it. It may take a month or two, but you will, though it could make owning pets hard.

• Brohoof 2

I've had a few cats die within my time, it's sad, I didn't like finding them dead, the chill running through your body, but it happens. I'm numb to it now though.

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Brohoof 1

Urgh, losing something you love is hard, but it is also a part of life.

I've lost a few hamsters that i loved a lot. I feel more like a scum now for not spending more time with them.

When they are alive you think you have all the time in the world to spend with them, but when they go away you realize how wrong you were.

• Brohoof 1

My dog I got for my second birthday ran away a few years back. I was only 12 and the night she left I was out until 3:00 looking for her. I never found her and I was so sad for about three months. She was so sweet and energetic and I had her my whole life... She was getting old and sometimes Im glad she ran away. Atleast now I can hope that she got taken in by some kind family who will care for her for the little time she has left. I guess what im trying to say is that to lose a family member is one of the worst things that could happen.

I get sad when I think that some day I will eventually lose my parents and uncles but I try not to dwell. Anyway ever since she left I never got another dog. I have a Scarlet macaaw now I heard somewhere they live for a while and I have to admit thats one of the reasons I got him. The thought of losing a pet is terrible and I only wish you had known how. Maybe it was because of an overgrown heart. There are some signs that can help determine this but nonetheless there isnt much you can do about it. I hope you find out what caused it.

• Brohoof 1

I understand what you're going through completely. I lost my first cat when I was about 10, and I'd had him since I was 2. He died from Kidney failure, it was really sad. I hope your cat at least died peacefully, that's all anyone can really ask for. At least you managed to make her life a happy one, which made it a life worth living.

OMG, I'm crying now because I remember my cat (Jasmine, or as I called her pud'tat) died a few years ago. She stopped eating and I stayed with her and fed her with a syringe.

I'm so sorry for you,

I'm so sorry for your loss :( ...I know exactly how it feels, I lost 3 (female) dogs, which 2 of them I loved it with my life. When they died my famlily was all normal, but I cried for days becasuse to me pets are as important as people, maybe more important than a few rotten apples I know.

They love you no matter what, they don't judge you, they would give their life for you in a second, they know when you're happy or sad, you mean the world to them when they see you comming home, they are very loyal and they don't expect anything in return (I'm talking about a dogs perspective but I guess it's almost the same with cats).

Losing a pet is very hard, so let it all out, cry all you need, and only time will heal your pain, wish the best of lucks to you. Get a new cat after a couple of months, that would make you feel better.

Aw it must be hard for you D:

I don't really know what to say else then, life goes on.

And I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't. I am a bit strange, when my pet died I didn't really care. I was like "whatever it's just a pet". :L

• Brohoof 1

Losing a pet you love is very tough indeed. I had a cat that I had raised from a kitten, I mean I had to feed her a bottle, she was so young. Anyway, one night she got hold of some thread and it wound up causing a blockage. We tried to nurse her back to health, but we finally had to put her down. I hope you feel better.

I had a cat that we had to put down a couple years ago. During the last few months of Mocha's life, he had developed diabetes and we didn't have the funds to afford the treatment that he needed. When we brought him in and finally realized what needed to be done I couldn't handle it and left the room. After awhile you stop thinking about it, and you'll end up being ok with it. A mysterious death could loom a bit longer, because you'll ask yourself if there's anything you could've done.

• Brohoof 1

It's always hard losing a pet, I've had this happen on many occasions. I've had tons of pet through my life. Surprisingly, I've had one cat that well-surpassed the normal age limit. He lived to be around 21 years old, which is a lot for a cat. But anyways, I hope you'll feel better after a week from now.

Losing a loved pet is very hard and I've been through it many times. I've lost 3 cats and 2 dogs through my short 15 years of life and I can actually say you'll get happier eventually. Just remember the happy times you've had with her and you'll eventually put to peace the fact that she's in her eternal rest.

Few years ago, I lost a dog due to some illness we couldn't get fixed. It took me a while to get over it.

But, you know, just look forward to the future. Don't let the past discourage you like that and keep moving.

• Brohoof 1

I'm so sorry to hear that... I had a guinea pig 2 years ago and she died from old age. It's never easy to get over it. I can't imagine how sad I would be if my dog or my cat would die early like that though. At least, when your animal is old, you know it's going to happen sooner or later but 5 years, nobody could be prepared for that :(