Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Has anypony watched Felix the Cat?

Harmony Spark

Might as well call me the Nostalgia Brony cause I want to tell u all a question; has you watched anything that was Felix the Cat? The movie, the cartoons or the ones made from the 20s? I may not have watched the show when I was little but I still think Felix is a great cartoon character. So what do you like about him?

• Brohoof 2

Yes I watched Felix the Cat when I was very young, it has been quite a number of years since I watched a Felix cartoon but it is one of those things that tends to stay with you.

• Brohoof 3

I'VE WATCHED THE CARTOONS!! He's really cute! But yup, brings back waves of nostalgia of what I would call The Golden Age of Cartoons. These days when it comes to kid's cartoons, I only watch MLP. The rest is just meh.

• Brohoof 2

Haven't seen Felix since I was a wee little thing.  I think I remember a movie too.  I don't really remember all that much about Felix other than he was a cat with a magical bag.

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, that brings back good memories.

I remember those cartoons from back when I was really young. I think the Felix the Cat cartoons were among my favorites as a child, but I haven't watched them in a while. I think I still have the VCR tape for them and a DVD collection of them, but I'm not sure.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Felix the Cat is pretty important. He was one of the very first images broadcasted on television. Ever.

Not bad for a cartoon feline.

First_television_broadcast_NBC.JPG

Edited by John Mellenclop
  • Brohoof 2

• 10 years later...

Despite being a fan of old cartoons, I admit I haven't seen many of the early Felix shorts. I believe I've seen about a dozen at most, including "Feline Follies" (the first one) and a couple of the later color cartoons.

But the 90s revival "The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat" is a different story! I got a tape of it as a kid (just because I liked the cover art :P) and ended up liking it a lot. I watched a few more episodes on YouTube later but couldn't find many at that point. As I've been going through a lot of cartoons that I liked but never saw all episodes of, I decided it was Felix's turn and now I've watched the entire season 1. Not all of the episodes are necessarily masterpieces, but I enjoy the surrealism and the fun cast of characters (my favorites, besides Felix himself of course, are Sheba and Skiddoo the Mouse). "Wet Paint" is my favorite episode. I've heard season 2 was a lot worse than the first one due to creative differences between the crew, but I'll check it out anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Felix the Cat is a genius and an unsung hero of cartoons. He was THE first televised image EVER and his cartoons, at least the old ones, are pretty cool. I haven't seen much of his newer stuff to be honest. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I loved Felix when I was younger I’ve see the movie and some of the series. I couldn’t find more at the time. I had some of his comics and a cool toy of him and his magic bag. I even memorized some of the songs. 
min 5th grade we got disigned ceiling tiles and I got mine chosen and it was Felix!

they tore down the school now but they didn’t even ask anyone if they could keep them or put it in the new school

im getting all over the place. :pip-err:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not any of the shorts/show, but the original movie (Due to a 90s airing on the Disney Channel) and Felix the Cat Saves Christmas.

First time I heard of the character incidentally was due to Nintendo Power covering the old NES game starring said character.

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1