Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Background character do you think should have an episode dedicated to them?

Beatleflight

Title says it all. Which background character would you love to see in their very own episode? I personally, would enjoy seeing Vinyl Scratch or Derpy Hooves! It would be pretty darn epic!!! What about you? :huh:

Edited by Beatleflight

eerrmmm yeah yeah i think we have a thread like this already :/

meh i've said it before and i'll likely have to shout it from the mountains

non of the background ponys should get there episodes because it would be catering towards bronie to much which is a very bad thing.

and what if they make them compleatly diffrent to how we know them, we would bitch and blame hasbro when rely its our fault.

leave the background pony episodes for bronies to do because they can do a better job, just look at epic wub time

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to have an episode with Octavia, you know, around Canterlot and maybe even having a small concert down in Ponyville. Then we would get some high quality classical music!

Classical music <3

• Brohoof 1

eerrmmm yeah yeah i think we have a thread like this already :/

meh i've said it before and i'll likely have to shout it from the mountains

non of the background ponys should get there episodes because it would be catering towards bronie to much which is a very bad thing.

and what if they make them compleatly diffrent to how we know them, we would bitch and blame hasbro when rely its our fault.

leave the background pony episodes for bronies to do because they can do a better job, just look at epic wub time

Oh, we do? I checked and couldn't find one on this sub-forum. Guess I checked to fast. Silly me!! XD

I'd like to see a episode feat. Cloud Chaser or an episode that mainly focuses on what happens up in cloudsdale.

I totally agree!!! I've always wanted to see what happens up in Cloudsdale! There are too little episodes that feature Cloudsdale!

• Brohoof 1

My favourite background pony has to be derpy, so I would like to see an episode featuring her. She already has a voice in place and I think it would be fun to see more of her antics.

• Brohoof 2

No background pony should have an episode. They're called background ponies for a reason but i think Octavia and Vinvyl should be in more episodes...

• Brohoof 1

I think that Cherillie should get her episode where the theme would be stress relief. Since the show still has to go with its original demographic, cherrilies episode would still be innocent enough for the young girls that watch the show while still being entertaining to the much larger viewing audience.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy! We can learn so much from her, such as "we all make mistakes, so we shouldnt laugh at other peoples mistakes" or "treat everyone the same no matter how different they may seem"

|--(0)--|

techno915

• Brohoof 2

No background pony should have an episode. They're called background ponies for a reason but i think Octavia and Vinvyl should be in more episodes...

I second this. Vinyl needs more love. I would die if I saw her in an episode. Or maybe even Octiva. idk

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be cool to maybe have short segments with some of them (kinda like Derpy's in the last round up) but I think a whole episode would go way to far.

I would love to see a rarity - Octavia duet !!

• Brohoof 1

Tavi and Vinyl obviously need an episode about their friendship and musical careers. Those two are awesome but if I had to choose I suppose an episode about Tavi teaching Rarity about how Canterlot life isn't all that would be easier to write.

• Brohoof 1

Cheerilee counts as a background character now? She features prominently in many stories. If she's going to be called a background character then I would definitely like to see a Mayor Mare episode because I feel that she needs to be depicted as more than a somewhat ineffectual (and perhaps even greedy) mayor. Either an episode that helps her regain the vigor of her previous years, or if she is actually as young as the Mane Cast (which is fairly likely given the fact she dyes her hair grey) to have an episode where she learns there is more to being a mayor than giving speeches or playing the political game.

If we're talking about the conventional definition of background ponies I'd say either Derpy because her personality has already been developed to some extent and would naturally make a good candidate to have an episode dedicated to her, but personally I'd rather see Octavia get a show because I think she could be interesting if she actually had her character fleshed out, at this point she serves more of a generic function of a classical musician than being an autonomous character. Personally I'd rather keep the background characters background characters because there is still so much that can be explored in other established characters, but as long as it doesn't serve just to pander to the fanbase it could be done well.

• Brohoof 2

I think Either Derpy Hooves, Octavia, and Vinyl Skratch. Oh and maybe an episode with Lyra and Bon Bon. That would be interesting... as long as Bon Bon has a tolerable voice....

• Brohoof 2

This should be a poll.

Isn't Tavi just an abbriviation for Octavia :huh: . And if it is then I like it. It's cute :wub:

Anyways I think Octavia and Vinyl Scratch should get an episode dedicated to them. It could be them starting out hating each other due to there difference in music but later learning to cope with each other. Or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

This should be a poll.

Isn't Tavi just an abbriviation for Octavia :huh: . And if it is then I like it. It's cute :wub:

Anyways I think Octavia and Vinyl Scratch should get an episode dedicated to them. It could be them starting out hating each other due to there difference in music but later learning to cope with each other. Or something along those lines.

I actually just realized that. 0_0 Thanks for telling me! I feel dumb now! XD I like your choice. XD

(edited)

Absolutely Derpy. I'd actually like to see her become a reoccurring character in the series.

A Vinyl Scratch episode would be seriously awesome too though. :P

I agree. I would really enjoy Derpy to have a natural occurrence. At least have the same amount of appearances as Cheerilee.

Edited by Beatleflight
  • Brohoof 2

While Derpy is the most cutest background pony (in my opinion) I think she should get her own episode. I'm interested in how her parents would look like (maybe that would shed some light on why her eyes looking so weird^^), and of course how her time as a filly was like.

But I am very interested in Octavia's story, too. She is one of the musical ponies, which is interesting for me as I will start my studies for musicology. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

While Derpy is the most cutest background pony (in my opinion) I think she should get her own episode. I'm interested in how her parents would look like (maybe that would shed some light on why her eyes looking so weird^^), and of course how her time as a filly was like.

But I am very interested in Octavia's story, too. She is one of the musical ponies, which is interesting for me as I will start my studies for musicology. ^_^

Now you've got me interested at what her parents and family would look like too! Heck, maybe she has unknown sisters or brothers!!! XD I'd really enjoy seeing her life as a filly as well!

Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, and Derpy are tied at 8!!!

Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, and Derpy are tied at 8!!!

Double post. XD

• Brohoof 1