Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New video idea: Gummy for president (opinions and help appreciated)

TheEngineer

With all of the recent political controversy in the United States presidential race between the two candidates and a bit of inspiration from

, I've come up with an original idea for a video that I think could be hilarious! Basically, it's a satire of American politics which takes the form of a political ad which advertises Gummy for president.

Here's a rough draft of the transcript for what I imagine would be playing along with patriotic music and images of Gummy and American visual themes.

Narrator:

"Are you tired of being forced to choose between two corrupt candidates?

Do you want a leader who will not and cannot take money from lobbyists?

This candidate has never voted in favor or against any war, or for or against new taxes on anyone.

He has, in fact, never voted on anything

In a time of crises he will take the unprecedented, humble position of doing absolutely nothing instead of taking power for himself, unlike other politicians [images of Bush, Obama, and others fade in and out in the background] and he will keep our nation safe merely by being so adorable that no government will even want to attack him or anything he represents.

This November, cast your vote for the one candidate without a record of corruption or abuse. Vote for Gummy, and you won't be disappointed with high expectations or outrageous campaign promises. Gummy; right for Equestria, right for America."

Any thoughts or opinions so far? I also would appreciate some advice on good software to use and would always be open to receiving some help in other forms.

Thanks!

Edited by TheEngineer

That would be so awesome. What kind of help do you need. (sorry if that is a dumb question) Anyways I love the idea. It seems like it will be hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement, I might have to use that image! I'm still deciding on how, when, and if to make it at this stage. That's why I'm looking for opinions on it! Thanks! :lol:

That would be so awesome. What kind of help do you need. (sorry if that is a dumb question) Anyways I love the idea. It seems like it will be hilarious.

I'm looking primarily for help with software know-how, images, music, animation perhaps. I'm not an expert on filmmaking; all I know is iMovie and Windows Movie Maker! :huh:

Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement, I might have to use that image! I'm still deciding on how, when, and if to make it at this stage. That's why I'm looking for opinions on it! Thanks! :lol:

I'm looking primarily for help with software know-how, images, music, animation perhaps. I'm not an expert on filmmaking; all I know is iMovie and Windows Movie Maker! :huh:

I can do Images. I might be able to do music if you tell what kind of music you want. I'm no expert in animation so I can't help you there.

I can do Images. I might be able to do music if you tell what kind of music you want. I'm no expert in animation so I can't help you there.

As I stated earlier, I'm mostly looking for patriotic music that you could see being in a political ad. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Also, if I take any of your suggestions or you help me in other ways, I'll link to your channel or just include your username if you would like in both the credits and the description!

As I stated earlier, I'm mostly looking for patriotic music that you could see being in a political ad. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Also, if I take any of your suggestions or you help me in other ways, I'll link to your channel or just include your username if you would like in both the credits and the description!

Ok, patriotic Music. I might be able to make up something in guitar pro for this. Thanks for the opportunity.

Ok, patriotic Music. I might be able to make up something in guitar pro for this. Thanks for the opportunity.

That would be awesome, the last thing I need is a copyright violation to ruin my video courtesy of the RIAA.

That would be awesome, the last thing I need is a copyright violation to ruin my video courtesy of the RIAA.

Well I wanted to do something a little different then a large brass section. Is a (clean) guitar solo based on the scale for a patriotic song ok? Something like this.Electric Guitar Clean.mp3 Because I am just wondering.

(Put that together real quick to show you the style of what I think would be good. I am open to changing the style to something more electric, distorted, or really anything)

Edited by Dusty Soul

Sorry for not responding for a while all, I've just started college! I hope you can understand, still, I will try and hopefully work on the video when I have more free time!

Take your time. We all would love to see this but no rushes, rushing can make things turn out worse than expected. Besides, college comes first. ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Take your time. We all would love to see this but no rushes, rushing can make things turn out worse than expected. Besides, college comes first. ;)

Thanks! I'll post back here when I get started! By the way, are there any programs for mac you would recommend besides iMovie for editing?

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! I'll post back here when I get started! By the way, are there any programs for mac you would recommend besides iMovie for editing?

Hmmm, I'm not a huge Mac person, but I know alot of really good editors who useit. How come you don't use iMovie?