8bc61cab56eba4abc7b7e1e20677e6b2.png

my_little_pony__princess_twilight_sparkl

d84lmld-c4ad0f3b-1148-4bf5-9847-406fee54

speedpaint_16___trixie_by_kp_shadowsquir

And this pony is better than all of them:

Spoiler

2180319__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_peg

17 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

There isn't a "best pony" and Dashie isn't even fastest pony; Pinkie is faster and Dashie couldn't even win at running the leaves.. :D

Yet she won the best flyer competition and beat Applejack in the Iron Pony Competition 15 - 5. Also Rainbow Dash had her wings bound for running of the leaves, and RD and AJ ended up being distracted by each other... So ithe running of the leaves wasn't really a proper race between them and the rest of the competition.

Pinkie is faster

*Citation needed.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nsxile said:

Pinkie is faster

*Citation needed.

Sure. In comic chase scenes, pinkie can consistantly get ahead of Dashie when she tries to escape her - this started WAY back in Griffon the Brush off, but continued in (for example) Party of One. In Mare Do Well she was also able to rescue four workers in the time it took Dashie to rescue one.  Its usually just best to assume physics doesn't apply to pinkie, at all.

11 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Pinkie can't fly, at least not without something to help her.

Well, she can, but I doubt she can fly as fast as Dashie. Interestingly, when running she is only AS fast as Dashie, barely keeping up; getting ahead of Dashie requires she use the jumping gait pioneered by pepe le pew, because of course it does....

Come to think of it, her tail-powered flight mode was also pioneered by another cartoon character - in this case, Muttley, canine sidekick to the accedent prone villain Dick Dastardly

25 minutes ago, Nsxile said:

And this pony is better than all of them:

Reveal hidden contents

2180319__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_peg

Yet she won the best flyer competition and beat Applejack in the Iron Pony Competition 15 - 5. Also Rainbow Dash had her wings bound for running of the leaves, and RD and AJ ended up being distracted by each other... So ithe running of the leaves wasn't really a proper race between them and the rest of the competition.

RD used her wings in 11 of those wins, which may seem smart, but it is cheating. Heck I have seen people on the wiki commenting that Applejack would have done better in most of those if RD didn't use her wings.

As for Pinkie, she has the ability to teleport. That doesn't make her faster. So there.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Pentious said:

As for Pinkie, she has the ability to teleport. That doesn't make her faster. So there.

She hasn't been seen to teleport though. It would probably be as accurate to assume she leaves the scene screen left, then enters the next screen right, because the fourth wall doesn't apply if you are Pinkie. Whatever it is seems to be related to unicorn magic though, as she gains hers back in the S8 finale at the same time as the unicorns. But then, so do the creatures in tartarus, so who can say?

50 minutes ago, Sir Pentious said:

RD used her wings in 11 of those wins, which may seem smart, but it is cheating. Heck I have seen people on the wiki commenting that Applejack would have done better in most of those if RD didn't use her wings.

It wasn't against the rules, I'm afraid; so your definition of 'cheating' means nothing in the context of the competition. Applejack also used her Earth Pony strength and didn't get penalised for it, so Rainbow Dash using her wings was perfectly valid.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nsxile said:

It wasn't against the rules, I'm afraid; so your definition of 'cheating' means nothing in the context of the competition. Applejack also used her Earth Pony strength and didn't get penalised for it, so Rainbow Dash using her wings was perfectly valid.

That’s standard Pegasus racism right there. Of course strength of an Earth pony is less easy to measure than a Pegasus using their wings

• Brohoof 2

It would seem unfair to say that a pegasus pony (OR earth pony) can't use their natural talents or cutie-mark granted abilities in a fair competition. In the running of the leaves, it wsn't unfair for Dashie's use of her wings to be restricted (after all, it was explicitly a running competition, not a running vs flying competition, although we also have the example of Scoots who can't fly, but can use her wings to increase her ground speed)

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

That’s standard Pegasus racism right there. Of course strength of an Earth pony is less easy to measure than a Pegasus using their wings

Well, even Maud can easily outthrow Dashie, although given the technique Dashie has recently demonstrated (using a mini-rainboom in a tight loop to accellerate a buckball) that might be a more even match now :)

• Brohoof 2

The fact is that it is hard to say which pony is definitively the best. the cliche: 'Comparing apples and oranges' or in this case 'Comparing Apple(Jack) and Dashie'. But even beyond that Earth Ponies are super strong, insanely so, they can pull carriages of items and other ponies as well as most of the hard work required in Equestria. However, of course they cannot control the weather or fly. 

Pit rainbow dash and apple jack in a tug of war, without dashie's wings, AJ will win. Put AJ and Dashie in a flying contest who's going to win:dash:. In the same way that they cannot compete with unicorns. If we want to look at absolute power of course Celestia wipes the floor clean as she can move two celestial body trillions of times her size.

On the point of Pinkie she frequently over shadows the other ponies. There was even an episode where she made the point that she is more of a friend than twilight yet twilight is the princess of friendship.

However when all is said and done Zecora is best pony. Reason is that she always seems to fix situations, at least to were I am, and is very impartial and has magical abilities as well as being an earth pony. Though the princesses has insane power they frequently make poor decisions or they miss stuff they could easily have solved.

Zecora best pony

Edited by Eniac

image.thumb.png.69cc5ebd80359453e774a15f2e2d20b3.png

Though it does say horse, I would argue that given that zebras are equine you can have a pony zebra given this definition. I see pony as a certain type of equine, not specific species, obviously. So yes Zecora is a pony and is still best pony

In fact no. But rhinos are pretty close. It is strange convergent evolution that has lead the giraffe to look more like a horse than a rhino. But there you go

I am talking about all species of genus equus. If you have a look at them they all look pretty much like horses and I am pretty sure there have been recorded pigmy 'versions'. So yes Zecora is a pony zebra as she is the same size as all the other ponies

'A zony is the offspring of a zebra stallion and a pony mare. Medium-sized pony mares are preferred to produce riding zonies, but zebras have been crossed with smaller pony breeds such as the Shetland, resulting in so-called "Zetlands".[2]'

From wikipedia. Check mate.

9 minutes ago, WWolf said:

Are giraffes equine too, then :ooh: ?

I would still like to see a pony giraffe:wub:

Edited by Eniac

Horses are generally larger than zebras. Zebras range in height from about 1.2 to 1.5 meters, whereas a horse can generally grow to about 1.8 meters. In terms of build, zebras more closely resemble donkeys than horses in conformation. Their ears are long like a donkey's.

https://africageographic.com/blog/zebras-pajama-ponies/

So They are closer to Donkeys and not horses. But horses and donkeys can breed and make a mule.