Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Poster Wins

Discord!

59 minutes ago, Sir Pentious said:

Not any time soon, but they will one day. Everything dies.

Yea, there will be an end to the universe as we know it. I mean stuff will 'exist' but not in anyway we can comprehend

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Eniac said:

Yea, there will be an end to the universe as we know it. I mean stuff will 'exist' but not in anyway we can comprehend

Yes, but no telling when the universe will end. As well we all be dead by that time. Though I saw something that it will recreate itself :wau:. I wonder if MLP would exsist in this "new universe" :adorkable:.

• Brohoof 3

From my limited understanding, and I mean super limited, the idea is that stuff still exists before the big bang and after the end of the universe just not obeying the laws of physics as we know them. So what happens is that another event can trigger a big bang recreating a universe with possibly different physical constants. So yes it is possible but also it is nonsensical.

But given that this can, has and will happen an infinite number of times then yes MLP is in other universes

Ehh I don't know. Just fun speculation and something to write rather than just: 'This be my post'.

But it is more likely that a possible universe has and will exist rather than it having existed or going to exist.

A lot depends on how you look at it.

While it would depend on if we are a "closed" universe or not, if we are, then from the outside we would look like a four-dimensional ball (the universe is roughly spherical; as it expanded rapidly in the initial moments and will contract rapidly in the final ones, the graph of diameter vs time will be roughly semicircular, so provided you pick the time axis scale appropriately, will be as curved in the time dimension as it is in the three physical ones. The other eight dimensions aren't used in this universe, so don't count :)

6 minutes ago, Sir Pentious said:

Sadly we don't know what really lies beyond our solar system, we just have a rough idea :worry:.

Depends on what you consider "beyond" too. They have announced the voyager probe(s) have left the solar system several times, for different values of "left" (V1 has recently left the magetosphere, and is now being pounded to heck and back by cosmic rays the sun protects us from)