music Top 5 bands. Go!

Samrules350

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

2. Crystal Castles

3. The Beatles

4. David Bowie

5. The White Stripes

I'm also fond of TV on the Radio, Gorillaz, NIN, Beck and though they aren't really a band I listen to a lot of Daft Punk.

Edited by Dr Manehattan

1. Lost Prophets

2. Nickleback

3. Slipknot

4. Bullet For My Valentine

5. Queen (Has to be one of the best british bands ever)

I do like others such as Trivium, Green Day etc. But they arn't in my top 5 :D

Only 5?! Ft, this is going to be difficult...

1) Tool

2) A Perfect Circle

3) Worlds End Girlfriend

4) Venetian Snares

5) Hurt or Mogwai, I can't choose!

( 6) is Iron Maiden, 7) Dog Fashion Disco/Faith No More, 8) Radiohead, and for 9 and 10 I can't choose, I like too many!)

Edited by Enigma

1: The Killers

2: Franz Ferdinand

3: The Klaxons

4: Muse

5: Ian Brown

Aside from 'bands' the soundtrack for the Ace Attorney series has got to be my favourite music of all time.

• Brohoof 1

5 random bands i like

1 - infected mushroom

2 - ghostland observatory

3 - leftover crack

4 - the avett brothers

5 - yonder mountain string band

and lets say you ask me this tomorrow i may have changed my mood

1 - the distillers

2 - regina spektor

3 - brand new

4 - switchblade symphony

5 - sphongle

In order (though it changes often):

1. Morphine

2. Porcupine Tree

3. Bright Eyes

4. Dream Theater

5. Moody Blues (if only for "Tuesday Afternoon")

Others I can't leave out include Gorillaz, Mountain Goats, Warren Zevon, Led Zeppelin, any kind of jazz...

• Brohoof 1

well these may change in time apart from Iron Maiden, also Queen always get an honerable mention for just being awesome but there never in my top five alway at number 6

• Iron Maiden
  • Rise Against
  • Trivium
  • Billy Talent
  • Bullet for my Valentine

1. Nightwish

2. Slipknot

3. Killswitch Engage

4. Otep

5. Static X

All of these bands have made a significant impact on my life, and have done so in such a way that they get to be my top favourites! (PS: 6th favourite is Angelspit!)

• Brohoof 1

1) The Beatles (Forever my number one!!)

2) Journey

3) Bon Jovi and/or Queen (They're about equal to me)

4) Styx (The band, not the river ;) )

5) Voltaire and/or Aerosmith and/or Pat Benatar and/or Shinedown (I can't decide!!)

As you can see, I really dig all that old stuff from the seventies and eighties. I do have a soft spot for some of the 90s boy bands though.Which is totally not because I had crushes on them as a little girl, no siree.

Edited by Hushabye
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

1. Radiohead

2. Porcupine Tree

3. The Smiths

4. Blackfield

5. LCD Soundsystem

Honourable mentions would have to be Talking Heads, Cardiacs, Pink Floyd, Joy Division and the list goes on and on and on

this/last week:

1. cylob

2. high contrast

3. bibio

4. boys noize

5. agurkenogtekoppensomikkefantveienhjemigjenmedbikkjasomforsvannfrastartenav (yeah it's a real bandname, they deleted their account on urørt but i used to listen to them alot when i were younger and i found some old mp3's of them on my computer. hilarious)

translated: thecucumberandtheteacupwhichcould'ntfindtheirwaybackghomewiththedogthatdisapearedfromthebeginningoff

Edited by anonymstol

Well, I'll start

#1 - Muse

I don't know you, but you are awesome. In fact, everyone who mentioned Muse got a brohoof from me.

1. Muse

2. Rage Against the Machine

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers

4. System of a Down

5. Killswitch Engage

• Brohoof 1

If I had to narrow it down to just five bands, I would have to go with Rush, Dream Theater, Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden. I just have too much for that to be close to accurate though.

Edited by Sticky Apple
  • Brohoof 2

Nightwish (pre-Annette)

Daft Punk

Blind Guardian

Scooter

Rammstein

Truth be told, I'm not a real big "band" type of guy and tend to take things more on a song-by-song basis, but I do enjoy these bands.

My top five bands and why I like them.

#5: Black Sabbith: Iron Man, and Paranoid, enough said.

#4: AC/DC: One of the longest lasting bands in the history of rock. And with a line-up like TnT, Back in Black, Highway to hell, and Hell's Bells, They are literally, the Classic Rock band.

#3: Lynyrd Skynyrd: I think the name says it all. Skynyrd is the best southern rock band that's ever took the stage. It's such a shame their career was cut short.

#2: Metallica: Metallica was the band that got me into metal, and while some of their newer stuff is nothing compared to their old stuff, they are still one of the most kick-ass bands in existance and their old stuff still wipes the floor with most anything that comes out these days.

#1: Shinedown: Shinedown is my favorite band over all. I have never before seen a band with the versatility and stylization of music that Shinedown has been able to come up with and are one of the very few bands that haven't fallen into the "Same Song Syndrome" over they span. Everything they come out with is original, and simply amazing.

I feel like these top five are very close. Each artist has something that they excel at more than the others.

1. OVERWERK

1. Etro Anime

3. KgZ

4. Killswitch Engage - I just started listening to their stuff, and I'm really digging it!

5. Minnesota

Let's see... Bands I like change pretty quickly. Hard to stick with some bands.

1. Deftones - One band I have loved consistently. They are just amazing, in my eyes.

2. Meshuggah - Again, a band I have liked for a while. Very influential to the whole metal community.

3. Devin Townsend Project - I never really realized how much I liked this band till I saw them live. It was an amazing experience.

SHIT. Don't want to pick two more bands. Hard to contend with the three guys I just listed.