Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Anime/Animated Series Opening?

Cherry Blossom

My favorite opening would be the Angel Beats! opening. It is so pretty and the song is very nice and catchy. I  also love the piano; it's my favorite instrument.

Edited by Harley Quinn

I think my favorite opening has to be Danny Phantom or Code Lyoko. Both of them are really cool, I'll probably pick Danny Phantom just because I loved that show so much when I was a kid, but Code Lyoko is really cool, plus I like the theme music to :).

The older Pokemon theme is pretty memorable to.

LOL the sad thing is that I'm mostly just browsing this topic so I can find opening songs to possibly use in my fanime [fan-anime] projects :lol:

[i have one special project that will have its own opening...but everything else--which is pretty much animated fanfiction :P--will probably borrow themes from real anime. [After all, they're just for YouTube and nothing else]

Anyway, I've actually found a few great ones here so far ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm both not surprised and amused by how at least half this thread if not more is animes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71i0a5x-qA

Two words: simply classic!!!  biggrin.png

Indeed :3 I enjoyed the original series as well. I personally found it's future successor, Batman Beyond, to be a very unique and epic take on Batman's future. Even if you don't care for it yourself (which you're crazy for to begin with), this intro is a grand example of a bad-ass 90's cartoon opening. (It was made in 2000 but shut up it still counts x3)

• Brohoof 3

SO god-damn kawaii. I absolutely need to meet Yui's voice actor before I die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ1QV4Gjks

Yuri Yuri's is pretty good too ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyo_x1dd7JI

I'm both not surprised and amused by how at least half this thread if not more is animes.

*continues this trend*

Edited by Twiliscael

I dislike most anime, but I really like how anime openings use Japanese people's really cute interpretation of rokkinrorru.

Rokkinrorru, Asian Man! Rokkinrorru with your cute Engrish!

I watched the entire first season of Darker Than Black on my grandma's digital cable without even bothering to get into whatever fanbase it has, or even bothering with the show's, I dunno nihilist-y themes?

Whenever I browsed the free anime section at grandma's, I would most often select a show and then X out of it a minute later when I

found out it was incomprehensible schoolgirl vampire crap.

Definitely this. I loved the opening. Never got too far into that series though. And that was when I still watched quite a bit of anime.

SO god-damn kawaii. I absolutely need to meet Yui's voice actor before I die.

Yuri Yuri's is pretty good too ^-^

*continues this trend*

You know, I've heard so much about K-On for years. But I've never actually checked it out. It seems pretty cool, you know, because kawaii and music and shit.

Anyway, it's been forever since I've watched anime. Man, this thread makes me so nostalgia-rific. So here's this, I loved Code Geass. Great opening as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'd like to add a few more intros that I didn't add in my last post. 

First one:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

This one is kind of funny considering how lighthearted it is when the actual show is actually quite dark.

Second one:

Angel Beats! Opening 2 

This one is a nice departure from the normal intro, and the remix is awesome.

Third one:

Gravity Falls

I love the song in this, and the animation is fantastic. Plus, there are a lot of secrets in this intro.

Heh, I could make a Top 10 with this:

10- Lucky Star Opening (dunno why, but I like it)

9- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Season 1 Opening)

8- Highschool of the Dead Opening

7- Bleach Opening 6

6- Fullmetal Alchemist Opening 4

5- Naruto Shippuuden Opening 4

4- Dragon Ball Kai Opening

3- One Piece Opening 6

2- Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Project Opening 1

1- Elfen Lied Opening

Latin and Russian rule.

Definitely a toss-up between the Soul Eater intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviG6uUH9a0

which is freaking awesome and the DNAngel opening. :D This one you have to give about forty seconds before it gets awesome but it's totally worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ML1xyF5n3o

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

A few spring to mind. I really like Persona 4 the animation intro.

I haven't watched much Code Geuss but love the intro music

And bobobo-bo bo-bobo just because I nearly wet myself laughing at how wacky, insane and absolute nonsense the intro alone is

There's the opening to Interstella 5555. It features the song by Daft Punk, "One More Time". Actually, instead of Dialogue, its music by Daft Punk in this Anime feature film

Edited by Richtofen

I really like the WitchBlade opening theme as well as Adventure Time's as of late. I have been rarely watching stuff lately so forgive me for my lack of variety. Haha

• Brohoof 1