Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Anime/Animated Series Opening?

Cherry Blossom

Cowboy Bebop by far. The song "Tank!" is sooo good. I mean the whole sountrack's amazing but damn!

Steins;Gate's a close second to me though

Fate/Zero's openings are really good too...

• Brohoof 2

This is the third opening to Cardcaptor Sakura, but it's my favorite of the three. Not only this is my favorite anime but it's also my favorite song from the series. Favorite favorite all around.

I would also post the second opening to another anime series called Kimi ni Todoke, but I couldn't find it on youtube.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica! Its late and i don't want to have to find a link, but its probably the only anime I've thoroughly watched, and i love the intro. How is this only 96 characters you lousy counter, it says 174 to me!

• Brohoof 1

Hm, I don't watch to much animated stuff anymore other then MLP of course.

Some of the older stuff I really thought was good lets see.

Two I can think of I liked where Code lyoke and Danny Phantom. I'm going to have to pick Danny Phantom as my favorite simply because I had a bit of a childhood obsession with it :P.(You have to admit, being a ghost like Danny sounds pretty awesome :D.)

currently loving the Gosick ending title a lot, it's so energetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxyWP0en04

also, this one is really beautiful, just saw it by accident while on a con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkeXtBjrUuA

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica! Its late and i don't want to have to find a link, but its probably the only anime I've thoroughly watched, and i love the intro. How is this only 96 characters you lousy counter, it says 174 to me!

all of that series' music is great, Yuki Kajiura never fails to disappoint me. Especially the ending sung by Kalafina is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmK2EFfzqLs

Edited by Thaliel

Cowboy Bebop by far. The song "Tank!" is sooo good. I mean the whole sountrack's amazing but damn!

Dang, took long enough for somepony to list "Tank!"; that is by far my favorite opening to any anime!!!  So classy, cool, and stylish in every way possible, and simply perfect for such a fantastic anime whose atmosphere is so greatly defined by its fantastic soundtrack!!! Love, love, LOVE that opening!!!!!!!!  :wub:

As for a more traditional animated series, I'd have to say my favorite opening has to be the opening to "Batman: The Animated Series".  It's pretty much impossible not to get jacked-up by this opening.  B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71i0a5x-qA

Two words: simply classic!!!  :D

My favorite animated series openings:

1. Noein

2. Serial Experiments: Lain

3. Italian My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

4. Gunslinger Girl

5. Last Exile

6. Sailor Moon

7. South Park

8. Freakazoid

9. Samurai Jack

10. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

I have a few that I enjoy! :3

Well first off, I still watch the Pokemon anime, and I particularly loved the Pokemon Galactic Battles opening theme (sounds awesome, this is the full version!):

Also, if you watch the anime Clannad, the opening is pretty good as well:

Those both are pretty awesome!! I love the Pokemon one especially.... also, anybody watch the Clannad anime? 

I watch a ton of anime and I have seen a great deal of amazing openings but i like this one

That my friends was the opening for Deadmans Wonderland, of course you already knew that cause it says it at the top of the video.  I like that one because it's heavy and sort of demands attention.  This next one however, I like because of its simplicity.

Sorry I had to put the full version on there instead of the actual opening.  That's because the original opening, as anyone who has watched Elfen Lied knows is inappropriate and can not be posted here thank you.  I like the one below because it is kinda cool how they did this.

The fact that someone made an anime opening for MLP made me want to jump up and down.  Then on top of that, they actually did a good job.  I really like this opening.  Now without further adieu I give you the opening of my favorite anime.  The people who have read my other posts about this already know but here is the opening for Mushi Shi.

That's all I got for this reply.  Thanks for taking the time to read it.  Oh and sorry that my computer was stupid and the last two spoilers aren't as convenient. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite animated series openings:

1. Noein

2. Serial Experiments: Lain

3. Italian My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

4. Gunslinger Girl

5. Last Exile

6. Sailor Moon

7. South Park

8. Freakazoid

9. Samurai Jack

10. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

Whoa, I was just about to list six of those! (Samurai Jack, Lain, Noein, Sailor Moon, South Park, and Freakazoid)

Also:

- Gargoyles

- Beetlejuice animated series (The roller coaster one)

- Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

- Dexter's Laboratory

- Batman: The Animated Series

• Brohoof 1

For non-anime, the greatest animated opening I've ever seen, the original Thundercats.

Unbelievably, this was made *28 years ago*.  Look at how much is going on on the screen at any one time and how fast yet fluidly it's all moving.  Spectacular, especially for its time. 

By the way, this was completely HAND DRAWN.  How the HELL do you do *that* kind of motion and detail by *hand* on a television budget?

Edited by hawkflame

There are so... so many animated openings I've seen it's next to impossible to choose my favorite. Especially on anime side. Most openings are so cool.

... As I've said, I've seen many anime and thus many openings. Out of all of them... I guess the opening of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin strikes me the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_mrdCI6Rw

The intro is actually quite awesome IMO considering it's an anime from 1983 so details are awesome. And whenever that bear strikes... I actually kinda feel it.

On cartoon side... ... ... Dear Lord, there are so many, but as it turns out, modern cartoon openings aren't all that good, especially when compared to 80's and 90's cartoons. Keeping that in mind, my favorite normal cartoon opening is...

The 80's intro of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Edited by Koori
  • Brohoof 1

Eva, of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFhPVAhV_o

If you haven't seen Eva, don't. If you have any psychological issues, it will play havoc with them.

If you don't have any psychological issues, you will by the time you finish the series (the full series, not this new abridged junk they've put out.)

Still my all time favourite anime despite the years of therapy ;)

• Brohoof 1