Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone can explain easily to me on how to IV train Pokemon?

kirbyboi

Hey everypony! A few months ago I had tried (and failed) to IV train my Pokemon. I get what to do (I think) but I still end up doing it wrong, and the Ivs are still low. I can get one good IV into one stat, but for the other stat I cannot. I read Serrebi, and Marriland, and all those, but no luck.

For those Pokemon masters who know, can you explain it to me in an easy format? Thanks in advance!

Posted Image

IVs are are numbers, 1-31, that are decided when you get a pokemon. They never change. At level 100, each stat will be increased by the IV number; before then, just a percentage. IVs can't be changed, but they can be inherited, so you can breed high IVs into new pokemom.

EVs are different. Each Pokemon has different EV values, from 1-3 in one or more stats. When your pokemom defeats another, it gets those EVs. At level 100, each stat will be increased by 1 for every 4 EVs in that stat. A pokemom can only have IIRC 510 EVs total, and only 255 in any one stat. When finding the stat increase, ts divided by 4 and rounded down, so you only need 252 EVs in a single stat to get the maximum bonus possible.

EV training is when you have a certain pokemom defeat another certain pokemom a certain number of times, so you can decide exactly how many EVs it gets in that stat, so you can maximize the stats you need to and not waste any on ones you don't need to.

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego