Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How can anyone dislike Pinkie?

ManaMinori

She's supposed to be the Element of Laughter and yet I don't seem to laugh when she's tries to do something funny, I feel that her humor is forced sometimes like in The Season 6 premiere, I wished somepony came up to her and tell her to be quiet, I thought that got annoying quick.

Pinkie can be overbearing. Do I even need to list examples? Fine: Filli Vanilli. Pinkie was totally dense and oblivious (which is Spike's job), and drove Flutters into a panic because of it. 

Filli Vanilli, way to ruin an otherwise amazing episode

Yet it happened, and it probably coloured some people's impressions of Pinkie... particularly stinging considering Too Many Pinkie Pies was a deconstruction of Pinkie's more ebullient qualities.

I don't hate Pinkie by any means, but she is my least favorite of the mane 6. She's simply too much at times.

She doesn't show as much of the subtler emotions as the rest of the herd, so she doesn't really foster the kinda sense of sympathy one needs to connect with someone. I generally like her random interjections when she's not the main character of the episode, but when everything is focused on her, she tends to come off as just... shallow and too hyper to notice it.

Sometimes I feel like the writers don't really know what to do with her when she gets more than two lines in a row. Like the episode about the train trip to the big baking contest, when they tried to figure out who had taken a bite out of the cake. Pinkie's 'deductions' were so far out that it gave me more second-hand embarrassment than giggles.

At first, I thought she was pretty funny, but...after more and more of the same, she just became completely annoying, although she does seem very rarely adorable. However, I think that depends on the writer.

Anyway, why I find her annoying is due to her usual disconnection with the situation. Being in a very dire or serious situation is not the time nor place to start laughing, giggling, or breaking randomly into song. Sure, that immediate shift can seem funny, but that undermines any of the buildup and tension of the scene if any.

Even though it may seem pretty jerkish of me, I actually preferred her in the Magical Mystery Cure (even though logic makes no sense in that episode). Even though most of her "change" was in song, she seemed to be more responsible and serious...you know, despite pretty much failing at everything she's trying to do?

Easy. They look at Pinkie and think "God, what a stupid character'. Done.

Personally I adore Pinkie. She started off as my second to least favorite, but has since moved up the ranks... she is just so optimistic and lovable, I cannot dislike her.

#pinkiefanforlife

Yeah, I know some find her personality grating, but she's just downright adorable, and is fine with just entertaining herself - as seen in EqG, with all the randomness that goes on in her head, and in "Babs Seed", just cracking all those corny salad jokes. She amuses herself, and it's just cute.

How high is Pinkie on the adorably nutty scale to you guys?

Have you met anyone who dislikes her, for reasons the universe itself fails to comprehend?

As a Pinkie Pie fan, I found Pinkie to be a little annoying during the episode, "A Friend In Deed." The fact that she couldn't understand from the first conversation that Cranky wanted to be left alone disgusted me a little bit, to be honest. That, I would say, is the primary reason I can understand why some would dislike her. All of that said, Pinkie Pie is my third favorite pony, and her Smile Song is my all-time favorite MLP song.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Because she is annoying. I do not want to dislike her, but if she pestered me like she did the donkey, I would begin to dislike or even hate her.

Basically, being stuck in the elevator with her may become a very close approximation of "hell" for me, that is, unless she manages to figure out that "trying to make me smile" just makes me more miserable and angry.

So, basically, she is good in small doses only.

On the other hand, I may even somewhat like being stuck in the elevator with Twilight (well, being stuck in the elevator is not fun in any case, but being stuck with Twilight would probably make it better).

When Pinkie is on, she is ON and right, with brightness, helpfulness and goodness. However, when she is off, she is SERIOUSLY off and I really dislike her, i.e. when she was needlessly making Fluttershy's anxiety worse, or annoying the hell out of Cranky. It really depends on the scenario and who is writing her, at times she can be sweet and good but other times she is, how you say, 'a bit much'

I don't dislike her, but I will admit she can be extremely annoying. I've also never been too fond of some of her episodes, they just kinda lose my attention I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Season 1 she was like one of my favorites of the mane 6 after Twilight and Applejack, but season 2-4 for the most part kind of made her really annoying hard to stomach. She still had her moments, but still she went down the rabbit hole almost about as deep as RD, but not quite. Season 5 while did bring so some joy of Pinkie, but she just suffer a case of the damage had been done. 

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie is the only character I genuinely would be sad about if someone dear to me hated her. It should be silly to care about that so much, but when people dislike her more than just finding her somewhat annoying, I have trouble understanding. :BornAgainBrony:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

She gets annoying sometimes, but so does Rainbow Dash, so I can;t really fault Pinkie for being the way she is 

TBH as much as I like Twilight and Rarity, they also have some annoying moments. IMHO Applejack and Fluttershy are the least annoying. I'm not a huge fan of Fluttershy, but it is hard to find her annoying. Though Pinkie honestly at times can even be more annoying then RD. Like Wonderbolts Academy for example.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...