Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Man in the Monster

Sneaky

So I started writing this story that people on FiMFiction really seem to enjoy. Just thought I would share it here, and see what you guys think. Mild language, but usually part of the word is blocked out. Oh, and violence. It's nothing that would bother you if you play any war games, and even though I haven't written anything extremely gruesome yet, I've been known to get a bit descriptive when it comes to fights, so watch out for the later chapters.

This is Chapter 1: Arrival

-------------------------

Zachariah Smith's fingers tighten around the rock as he slams it into the head of his victim.

"Please... Stop..."

The teenager's brown eyes pleadingly look to you for mercy. You've seen that look before.

That scared, helpless look. They always have it. It comes on when someone knows that they're going to die, that they are to enter the dark abyss of nothingness. But there's always hope, the hope that dwells in the bottom of their souls. The hope that, against all odds, you would save them from this predicament, save them from being lost to the world. The hope that maybe, just maybe, you would let them go, so they can live another day.

The look had long since worn off on you, at least with strangers. But this time was different. Sam, the gang's pet, the most loyal to the crew, the one that kept us all together, was now being killed by you.

Because he had committed treason.

When Big Shaun gave you this task, you were surprised, and a bit suspicious. Sam committing treason? That wasn't him; you all knew that. But unless he was proven innocent, orders were orders, and you didn't want to become a hit target yourself.

You raise the rock high above your head again. Dammit, Sam's eyes are stopping you like a shield.

It's like something's pulling your arm back, though nothing's there. Except for the one part of you that still has emotion. That little sliver of emotion is all that stands between Sam and an instant death.

A tear runs down his cheek. "Please Zach..."

"Dammit Sam!!" The barrier is broken. You bring down the rock as hard as you can, hitting the kill spot on his nose.

His face is bashed in. His eyes are closed, with blood streaming down his cheeks like tears.

Oh God why? I should've let him go. I don't care if they would've killed me, as long as Sam lived...

It's as if a hurricane is coming from Sam's broken shell. A warm wind rushes over you at unimaginable speed, drying out your eyes and suffocating you.

The wind died away. You just sat there, dazed.

And then it hit you. Harder than the tranquilizer needle that just hit your back.

Sam was innocent. Mac was the mole. Sam just took the blame for Mac.

Mac is dead anyways; but now Sam too?

As your vision fades to black, you cry out in anger and despair. Why? Why Sam? Why not me or someone else??

You're out before you hit the ground.

You're slamming a rock into Sam.

No, wait, Sam is dead. What am I doing?

You snap to reality. You look at your bloody hand, holding a bloody rock.

Oh, shit, did I black out?

-Yeah, you did. You were hit by a tranquilizer.

Oh, yeah. But how come I'm not asleep still?

-Beats me.

You look down at the mangled up orange mess in front of you.

What the heck is that?

-It's a pony, why?

Ponies aren't orange. What did I just kill?

-An orange pony with a purple mane. And technically, you didn't kill it, I did.

Okay, what the f*ck brain?

-I'm not your brain. I was here first.

What?

-I was just catching some food, minding my own business, when you came along and stopped me.

Who are you then?

-I don't know. Trixie made me.

This must be some type of dream. Maybe the tranquilizer is making me trip or something.

So where am I?

You look around. It seems as if the dream consists of being in a forest, while beating an orange horse, with some type of conscious voice in my head.

You've had weirder dreams than this.

You look at your hand. Suddenly, you drop the stone.

My hand...

Your hand is furry, and consists of four sharp, pointy fingers, and a small amount of palm.

You follow your eyes up your arm and to your chest. Your dark brown fur is spattered with blood; and what's this?

Sharp teeth and an extremely strong jaw. Maybe I'm a dog or something.

Nope! Not a dog not a dog!

You have a long scorpion tail that you can control like an arm.

Well, guess I'm a scorpion-dog then?

-Yes, we must be. We are the only one of our kind; like I said before, Trixie made us.

You finally speak aloud. "Who's Trixie? She must have been half-asleep when she made this- er, us. Supposing this isn't a dream."

-No, you fool! This is real! I am real! Are you so foolish as to think this absurd?

"I think -you're- absurd. Now, I'm in control right?"

You open and close your hands. You feel a slight resistance, but that's it.

"Good, now I'm going to go explore this place. Might as well have fun before I return to reality."

You start walking away from the dead pony.

"No, you fool! That way is Ponyville! You'll get us killed!"

That was you speaking, but it also wasn't you.

"Ok, I'm turning off your ability to talk. It's my body now."

The voice in your head begins shouting, but you somehow find a way to seclude it to the back of your mind.

"Onward and upward now..."

You finally stumbled upon a small cottage in the woods.

Hm. Knocking on the door probably isn't a good idea, considering I'm a dog with a scorpion tail, and this house looks like it was made for someone three times smaller than me.

Curiosity draws you closer, however, and you examine the cottage.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Well, I'm a fricken dog.

You don' t have to reach very far up to touch the roof. It feels as if it might break if you lean into it, so you decide to take your paws off of it.

You look down to see a little yellow and pink pony staring at you.

"Uh, hello there..."

It just stares at you. You decide it would be best to go.

What? I can't move.

Help! I'm paralyzed!

You just stand there frozen, staring at this little animal. It's pretty damn cute, but you can't enjoy that right now.

Because I can't move.

Suddenly, something blue hits you in the face. It knocks you over and leaves you blind in one eye.

"Ow, what the fu-"

It comes back in a blue-and-rainbow blur, socks you in the jaw, then flies off again.

Ooh, that hurt.

Okay, I'm ready for this next one.

You can feel your tail getting ready.

No, not yet.

-What, do you want us to die?

Oh, you're back. No, I would rather not make irrational decisions until I know if this place is real or not.

-No, you listen—

You send him back to his little corner of the mind.

You see the rainbow looping around back.

Ready...

It's going incredibly fast. You stick out your arms.

"Hhmpf!"

Its chest smacked into your outstretched hands and got the wind knocked out of it.

Let's see, another pony, this one a shade of cyan with wings and a rainbow mane.

This could be interesting.

It struggles to breathe, and is kicking around in your grip.

"Woah, woah now. Take short, small breaths. Come on."

It does what you say and starts to breathe normally again.

Oh. So it can understand you.

"Hey. Hey, you all good?"

It nods.

"Okay, good. Can you talk?"

What the heck kind of question is that? It's a freakin pony.

"Of course I can talk!"

You didn't expect that.

"Oh, okay good... This will make things easier then. Do you have a name?"

"Yeah..."

You can tell she's being a smartass.

-She?

Well, it had a kind of a girlish voice. Kind of like it was trying to cover it.

-I've never been able to tell the difference. And please don't trap me again.

If you don't cause any trouble.

-Agreed.

"Okay then... What's your name?"

"Uh, Rainbow Dash. What's yours?"

Do we have a name?

-I don't. Do you?

Do you like the name Zach?

-Sure. Sounds foreign.

"Zachariah Smith. Zach for short."

She scratches her head with her hoof. "Ok... Zach. So you're not gonna eat me?"

You look at her curiously.

-Must be the blood splattered all over us.

Oh yeah. Dammit, whoever you are.

-Sorry.

"No, I'm not. I can explain the blood, but first I want to know if I can let you go without you trying to kill me."

She looks at you reluctantly. "Alright..."

You set her on the ground next to you.

"Ok, now that that's taken care of.."

You look past her and at the yellow pony.

She's staring at you.

Sh*t! I can't move again!

Rainbow jumps between you two. "Fluttershy! It's ok! Let him get up."

She makes an almost inaudible whisper. "Sorry.."

You get up. Something about them both makes you want to pick them up and squeeze them.

Hm. I thought you lost those feelings after you hit fifteen and joined the gang.

By the way, how old is this body I'm in?

-In relation to your world, I'm about seventeen.

Wow! Same here! ...by the way, how do you know anything about my world?

-You have the most control of the brain. You've modified me, and I was actually a mindless animal before you came along.

Wow. That's pretty big.

-Let's get back to the talking.

Right.

"Okay, now let me just make it clear that I'm not gonna hurt you. I just came here today, and really don't know where I am."

Fluttershy pipes up. In her own way.

"Really? You don't look like anything I've seen before. Are you hurt?"

Hurt?

"Well, I can't see out of my left eye, I have a pounding headache, and my arm was almost dislocated from when I caught Rainbow Dash. Is that normally okay?"

-No.

Dash is a little embarrassed.

Fluttershy talks again. "I'm sorry, you poor thing. I would offer you a bubble bath, but you're much too big to fit into my doorway. Will this do?"

"Will what-"

She runs her hoof along your spine. It gives you the best feeling ever, along with the hair raising on your neck.

You let out a kind of purr

-Whoops. That was me.

You feel like jelly, and fall down on your face into the wet grass.

You and Rainbow stare at eachother.

"Should we take him to town?" Rainbow finally suggests.

"No," you say, "he's much too big. Bring Twilight. And Applejack. And maybe Pinkie and Rarity too."

"Okay. You could've just said that." Rainbow darts off.

"And please hurry" You try to say, but she's gone already.

-------------------

If you like it comment for more and I'll post the next chapters.