Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Longer Episodes?

Verde Wub

I know it's a long shot, but is it possible that Season 3 will feature 44 minute episodes instead of the regular 22 minutes? The confirmed 13 episode schedule would fit perfectly with the other two seasons if the time for each episode was doubled. This would also allow for more detailed and planned out story lines, making the audience range even more flexible between adults and children. It's just an idea, and it's possible that this has already been speculated or that there is proof of the regular 22 minute episodes, but I wanted to get other opinions.

That's what I have been thinking. It's more wishful thinking than anything else. It's not even that I want longer episodes, I just want a full length season. This is my first season since I became a brony, and I wanted the full experience, but I can settle for 13 episodes, I guess :(

• Brohoof 1

i hope not.

the formular of a mlp episode is perfect for a 22 minute time slot they can get the plot though and it all feels nice and padded, having a 44 minute episode would mean the the story would have to be stretch ed which only works of big storys like the 2 parters which the show isn't about its about it about the magic of friendship.

also 2 parters only work because they can make the first episode nice and clam like then end with a climax that has us wanting more and the the 2nd part can be more action packed.

meh point im making is 22 minutes= good 44 minutes= bad

I don't think they'll do double-length episodes any time in the future. There are just so many reasons it wouldn't make sense. For starters, the show is targeted at small children (us fans like to forget this sometimes http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png), and small children don't have the attention span to sit and watch a 44-minute episode. The episodes would be harder to produce, for obvious reasons, and they'd take up bigger blocks on the TV schedule, which networks don't like.

While it would be nice, it's highly unlikely.