Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you assumed as a kid?

Tyger

Oh well, sorry about that. :/ But I hope you somehow enjoy your experience.

Why you changed "filly" to "kid"? img-1911678-1-sad.png

Anyway, as every kids, I thought my parents had infinite money. But I wasn't so materialist anyway, maybe a car or two sometimes. I never really believed in santa claus also. And I thought adults knew everything. But it seems I was wrong, my questions destroyed this lol.

Filly is used for girls and ladies. Colts for boys and guys. Probably didn't want us to thing he was only asking the pegasisters.

• Brohoof 1

I used to believe that if your fingernails got too long, the back end would swirl up in your skin, and rip through it. .___. So, kinda got a bad nail biting habit from it.. (Blame my grandmother. ._. )

Um... I can't really think of anything else. 

There is ONE thing that I remember that my family tends to bring up every now and then to tease me:

I'm not American! I'm Hawaiian!

(was born in Hawaii)

Edited by Xievie

I used to love dinosaur books and I never exactly knew what the term "mate" meant. I thought it meant falling in love and somehow getting a bunch of dinosaur eggs out of the deal. Then I went and asked my father when he's going to get someone to mate with... I was in elementary school at the time and never really figured out the term until around fourth, fifth, or sixth grade.

I thought adults knew everything.

I thought getting a paper cut was equivalent to getting shot in the head.

As a real tomboy(I'm more of an in-betweener now), I thought ponies and princesses and anything girly was only for girly-girls. Welp, I'm both a Disney princess fan and a My Little Pony fan now and I've seen a bunch of awesome guys who love ponies as well!

For the longest time, I thought it was necessary for me to eat rice(which I really disliked at the time) because I'm half-Asian. It was a joke made by my father and I totally believed it...

I always thought, until like last year, actually, that ponies were baby horses XD On the first episode of MLP I asked my sister "Where are the horses? Why are they all kids still?" And she told me that ponies aren't baby horses :/

I thought that wishing Pokémon to be real every single night would actually make it happen. Man, I went on doing this for a few months at least. Every night, too.

DD: OMG I DID THAT TOO!

I would go to this window in my old house and wish that Pokemon were real so that I could have a team. I thought I was the only one xD 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid my mom told me squid tentacles (I forget the actual name) was chicken, this also was used on fish and tofu and I just assumed that it was true and not some evil twisted plot to make me try new foods. sad part about this is that I actually believed her till I was 12........

I used to think the word "genesis" had something to do with genetics. I always called the band Genesis "Genetics". Not to mention when I first heard the word "drug" I thought it meant dragging things using the Select tool on an editing program (?). It must've been the word's similarity to "drag", that was probably it.

My friend from middle school's brother assumed that masturbation led to pregnancy. I told him it doesn't and so he asked me why people masturbate to begin with; I told him "to get a thrill". Then he asked me what a thrill is. My friend is one of those kids that claim they know everything about mature themes and slang terms at an early age. It didn't help that I was seated close to him in most of my classes. All those unfunny rape jokes...

Edited by FallingBrony

I watched a Fruit Gushers commercial back when I was very young. I saw a guy's head turn into a fruit after he ate the Gusher. After that, I avoided Gushers because I thought that my head would turn into a fruit if I ate one.

I used to think that money did grow on tree's, and that when ever my mom told me she didn't have enough money I would go tell her to go use the money tree. I also used to think that you could jump across the ocean because of maps. 

My doctor told me Burt and Ernie were in my ears. I believed him.

This is more of a story than a belief, but when I was a kid I was staying the night at a friends house, and she told me about poltergeists. That night the 1994 Northridge earthquake hit, it was a 6.7 magnitude. I thought a ghost was coming for me =(

• Brohoof 1

Oh god here we go,I have a story for you guys.When I was around 6 or 7 my sister told me that when I was taking a bath I couldn't let water in my belly button or I would die .I spent the next week or so not taking a bath because I was so scared.I also as a kid thought trees could feel pain so if i saw someone burning wood,I would get uppset.

• Brohoof 1

man this is a hard one.  If I didn't know about something I'd always look it up in a book (that's what my dad always told me to do if I asked a question). I know some of things I "researched" were from fiction books, so the lines are really fuzzy (since research has always been something I've done since I learned to read).  I do remember thinking the word 'humidity' was pronounced 'hum-i-ditty' up until about 9th grade.  Even today my mind pronounces some words just wrong....and no one really corrects me (except my husband, who is insitant on being my mom in that)

• 1 year later...

I feel the intense need to necro this thread. When I was a kid, I thought that if I looked hard enough at a clock, I could watch it flick to 60 before changing over to the next hour.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid, I had a lot of stupid thoughts. Here are some of the most bizarre ones:

- If you tell lies a hundred times, the Boogieman will come and slice off your tongue.

- Ghosts are real. If you stay up to late at night, they will appear in my bedroom and take you away.

- If you play too much video games on the computer, the computer viruses will break the machine and make it explode.

What the heck, mom and dad?

As a kid, I thought that if you sat completely still for over a millennium, you would gain telekinetic powers. I was a very strange kid back then.

If you stared at the TV or computer screen for to long your eyes would become square.

All cartoons were from America.

That the computer screen was the actuall computer.

That fish werent actuall animals ( Im a horrible person i know) since we used to go out fishing alot.

Good times.

I was told that reading in the dark made my eyes worse, and I believed that.  Well, my eyesight may be bad, but it's not attributed to that, I guess.

I also thought that everyone had a caved-in area in the middle of their chest, mainly because I do and I wasn't observant back then.

-_-