Your favourite quotes.

My favorite quote huh...?

"DESU"

In all seriousness, one of my favorite quotes was this:

"Do you know what it's like to be me? Go through something not everyone can see? Do you know what it's like to walk in my shoes? Please stop judging me simply cause I'm not you.."

I forget who wrote it, but this quote was basically what I told to others, and why what other people say to me wont affect me. How can it bother me when they don't know or understand me.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite quote?

"For I just gave them frostbite over top of their sunburns" - Rarity

"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars" - Can't remember :/

"I do not fear storms, for I am learning to sail my ship" - Someone whose name I can't remember. :3

"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder" - Ralph W. Sockman 

This quote I can agree with, as I know, that once I start to learn more about the universe and it's workings, only more questions will come out from the answers I'm given.

Exactly why I love science. It's not the idea of answering every question, which would be no different from religion. It's the SEARCH for things, and even the questioning of supposedly "known facts".

Anyway.

"Wealth dictates privilege, not race or gender."

-Morgan, the man of the couple who runs this blog

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."

Doctor Who has such an amazing plethora of quotes; this entire thread could be devoted to that show.

• Brohoof 2

"I'm gonna show YOU how great I am!"

- Muhammad Ali

This video holds quite a few great quotes.  I highly reccomend checking it out if you're feeling down and/or need to get stuff done.

Edited by Sandbeard

These were the companions who justified my principles, who gave me the strength to continue against any foe, real or imagined. These were the companions who fought the helplessness, the rage, and frustration. These were the friends who gave me my life.

- Drizzt Do'Urden

He spoke this about the Companions of the Hall, his friends who adventured with him for decades and the first people who were able to see past his drow heritage and love him simply for who he is. This quote is significant to me because it echoes my experiences with the brony community and the significant impact it's had on my life.

The following were also spoken by Drizzt:

"There is a place within each of us where we cannot hide from the truth, where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse."

"Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away."

"There is one other error in the Gondsman's line of reasoning, I believe, on a purely emotional level. If machines replace achievement, then to what will people aspire? And who are we, truly, without such goals? Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite quotes.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." ~ Mahatma Gandhi 

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde 

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." ~ Dalai Lama 

"Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear." ~ Albert Camus 

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand 

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 

"You're either on the bus, or off the bus" ~ The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

"Without music, life would be a mistake." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 

"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage.” ~ Thucydides 

"A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies." ~ Oscar Wilde

"A man who does not think for himself does not think at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Only the shallow know themselves" ~ Oscar Wilde

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" ~ Oscar Wilde

"We are all in the gutter, but some of are looking at the stars" ~ Oscar Wilide

"Think to yourself that every day is your last. The hour to which you do not look forward will come as a welcome surprise. As for me, when you want a good laugh, you will find me in fine state... fat and sleek, a true hog of Epicurus' herd." ~ Horace

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." ~ Epicurus

• Brohoof 1

"It is the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the Emperor has no clothes... but the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the Emperor remains the Emperor." Dream from Sandman.

"I'm disappointed in you, Adrian. Very disappointed. Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman. Did you really think it would kill me? I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast, they could hardly be said to have occurred at all. But you, Adrian, you are just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite." Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen.

"Lived lives will live, and died dies will die."

Quotation from the Lutece twins from Bioshock: Infinite. (Robert Lutece and Rosalind Lutece.)

"HE'S SO FLUFFY, I'M GONNA DIE!!"

- Despicable Me

That's probably the only quote I can think of atm. Plus, who doesn't love fluffy unicorns. Right? ;_;

A lot of my quotes come from Christopher Hitchens, i'll try resist in posting 50, and instead just post a few.

Christopher Hitchens-

"I learned that very often the most intolerant and narrow-minded people are the ones who congratulate themselves on their tolerance and open-mindedness."

"I think being an atheist is something you are, not something you do."

"Well, to the people who pray for me to not only have an agonising death, but then be reborn to have an agonising and horrible eternal life of torture, I say, 'Well, good on you. See you there.' "

"I have tried for much of my life to write as if I was composing my sentences to be read posthumously."

Niel Degrasse Tyson- Extraordinary Astrophysicist 

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

"f an alien lands on your front lawn and extends an appendage as a gesture of greeting, before you get friendly, toss it an eightball. If the appendage explodes, then the alien was probably made of antimatter. If not, then you can proceed to take it to your leader."

"With automatic spell checkers running unleashed over what we compose, our era is that of correctly spelled typos."

"Just to settle it once and for all: Which came first the Chicken or the Egg? The Egg -- laid by a bird that was not a Chicken"

C. Hitchens (Again)

"I like surprises."

post-14701-0-35535800-1366921031_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

"The elk runs from the lion not of cowardice but of love for life."

"When life gives you lemons, don't just take them... Squirt the lemon juice into life's eyes!"

"The problem with many foolproof plans is that the mind behind it neglects the ingenuity of complete fools."

"It doesn't matter if you're feeling down as long as you can get back up."

"There is always at least a speck of good in anything, you just have to work through all the bad."

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed in the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Do you like these quotes? I hope you did! (By the way, if you couldn't tell, the second one was a joke)

• Brohoof 1

Here is a couple:

Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Fellowship of the Ring

• Brohoof 2

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

~Lord Eddard Stark - Game of Thrones

"He would see this country burn if he could be king of the Ashes"

~Lord Varys - Game of Thornes

In short. Everything said in Game Of Thrones

"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow" tongue.png - Forgot where I heard it, but wise words none the less.

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  Today is a gift.  That's why it's called the present" -Alice Morse Earle

(edited)

"So how are you holding up? BECUSE I'M A POTATO. Since were not going anywere...well we are going somewere alarmingly fast acually but here's a cuple of facts: He's not just a regualre moron he's the product of the greatest minds of a generatian with the express perpouse of building the dumbest moron whoever live and you just put him in charge of the intirer facilty. Hey just in case this pit isn't acually bottomless do you think you could take off one of your long fall boots and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot."

-GLaDOS Portal 2

Edited by TopazReshiram
  • Brohoof 1

"That which has been, is now, and that which is to be, hath already been" Ecclesiastes

That which you fear, you draw to yourself.

There can be no faith in the undefined.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head.

(edited)

"Judgment at Nuremberg" (1961)

Ernst Janning Confesses his Guilt to the Tribunal

Janning: I wish to testify about the Feldenstein case because it was the most significant trial of the period. It is important not only for the tribunal to understand it, but for the whole German people. But in order to understand it, one must understand the period in which it happened.

There was a fever over the land, a fever of disgrace, of indignity, of hunger.  We had a democracy, yes, but it was torn by elements within. Above all there was fear, fear of today, fear of tomorrow, fear of our neighbors, and fear of ourselves. Only when you understand that can you understand what Hitler meant to us, because he said to us:

"Lift your heads. Be proud to be German. There are devils among us, communists, liberals, Jews, gypsies. Once these devils will be destroyed your misery will be destroyed."

It was the old, old story of the sacrificial lamb.

What about those of us who knew better, we who knew the words were lies and worse than lies? Why did we sit silent? Why did we take part? Because we loved our country. What difference does it make if a few political extremists lose their rights? What difference does it make if a few racial minorities lose their rights? It is only a passing phase. It is only a stage we are going through. It will be discarded sooner or later. Hitler himself will be discarded -- sooner or later.  The country is in danger. We will march out of the shadows! We will go forward. FORWARD is the great password.

And history tells how well we succeeded, Your Honor. We succeeded beyond out wildest dreams. The very elements of hate and power about Hitler that mesmerized Germany, mesmerized the world. We found ourselves with sudden powerful allies. Things that had been denied to us as a democracy were open to us now. The world said, "Go ahead. Take it. Take it! Take Sudetenland! Take the Rhineland! Re-militarize it! Take all of Austria! Take it!"

And then, one day we looked around and found that we were in an even more terrible danger. The ritual begun in this courtroom swept over the land like a raging, roaring disease. What was going to be a "passing phase" had become the way of life.

Your Honor, I was content to sit silent during this trial. I was content to tend my roses. I was even content to let counsel try to save my name, until I realized that in order to save it, he would have to raise the specter again. You have seen him do it. He has done it, here, in this courtroom. He has suggested that the Third Reich worked for the benefit of people. He has suggested that we sterilized men for the welfare of the country. He has suggested that perhaps the old Jew did sleep with the 16 year old girl after all. Once more, it is being done -- for love of country.

It is not easy to tell the truth. But if there is to be any salvation for Germany, we who know our guilt must admit it -- whatever the pain and humiliation.

I had reached my verdict on the Feldenstein case before I ever came into the courtroom. I would have found him guilty, whatever the evidence. It was not a trial at all. It was a sacrificial ritual in which Feldenstein, the Jew, was the helpless victim.

Hans Rolfe: Your Honor, I must interrupt. The defendant is not aware of what he's saying. He's not aware of the implications!

Janning: I am aware. I am aware! My counsel would have you believe we were not aware of the concentration camps. Not aware. Where were we? Where were we when Hitler began shrieking his hate in Reichstag? Where were we when our neighbors were being dragged out in the middle of the night to Dachau?! Where were we when every village in Germany has a railroad terminal where cattle cars were filled with children being carried out to their extermination! Where were we when they cried out in the night to us. Deaf, dumb, blind!!

Hans Rolfe: Your Honor, I must protest!

Janning: My counsel says we were not aware of the extermination of the millions. He would give you the excuse: We were only aware of the extermination of the hundreds. Does that make us any the less guilty? Maybe we didn't know the details. But if we didn't know, it was because we didn't want to know.

Emil Hahn: Traitor! Traitor!

Judge Haywood: Order! Order! Order! Put that man [Hahn] back in his seat and keep him there.

Janning: I am going to tell them the truth. I am going to tell them the truth if the whole world conspires against it. I am going to tell them the truth about their Ministry of Justice. Werner Lammpe, an old man who cries into his Bible now, an old man who profited by the property expropriation of every man he sent to a concentration camp. Friedrich Hofstetter, the "good German" who knew how to take orders, who sent men before him to be sterilized like so many digits. Emil Hahn, the decayed, corrupt bigot, obsessed by the evil within himself. And Ernst Janning, worse than any of them because he knew what they were, and he went along with them. Ernst Janning: Who made his life excrement, because he walked with them.

--Abby Mann

Edited by Ragland Tiger

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." - "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

- H. P Lovecraft

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"

- Edgar Allan Poe

New quote. So new it's in my sig!

Guess who said that:

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey-wimey... stuff."

• Brohoof 1

"And this...is to go...even further beyond!" - Goku going SSJ3

"What if you legs, didn't know they were legs?" - Gavin Free.

Best quotes of all time. :3