Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity dirt logic!

PonyRocker95

I think I finally figured out why Rarity hates getting dirty so much! XD you see, she probably had some weird accident when she was a filly like having a blueberry pie get thrown on her or spilling ink all over herself on accident to the point where her coat (fur?) got stained and it took her months to get it out! and since then she been afraid of getting dirty! Lol

• Brohoof 1

Or, she could just hate dirt because she cares about her appearance. I think you're overthinking this a bit as you're kinda making up stories here.

• Brohoof 25

It's like most phobias... You obtain them over some incident.

Nearly drown, end up being scared of water.

Some just don't make sense... like peanut butter or clouds but they exist i guess :P

So yeah she was probably just getting clean as a filly then blam! mud...

• Brohoof 1

^Yeah, that, I would assume that it's because she's fastidious about her appearance in general, but also because her fur/hair/what have you? is white. So stains would show up really easily...she couldn't easily just leave it 'cause everyone would be able to see. D:

Not to mention she's actually not really afraid of dirt and the what not, provided it's a spa mud bath, and she can cope with being dirty, provided she's been pushed to the point where she no longer cares for her appearance over something else, such as helping AJ with the tree, assaulting Blueblood with cake, and spending time with Sweetie Belle.

Otherwise, her need to look fabuluous at all times makes it so she does not want to get dirty, as that is a crime against fabulousity.

• Brohoof 2

I think her need to look good all the time prevents her from getting dirty for no reason, but if it's a mud bath then it's fine, because that serves a purpose.

I agree with Pix3M I think she simply does not like dirt :P Or maybe its a phobia of some sort :D However I doe think you are right about the fan fiction, it would be pretty interesting!

What? I doubt that, I mean her fur is white, and she's like, the most girliest pony in the show who always needs to look fabulous.. If I was a girly pony with white fur, I probably wouldn't wanna get dirty either.

Or, she could just hate dirt because she cares about her appearance. I think you're overthinking this a bit as you're kinda making up stories here.

But that is how any analysis about MLP works... Any kind of 'personality' analysis I have seen so far are just pulled out of thin air, and often biased by ones own culture.

Sometimes people like to over-think about things as small as why Rarity hates dirt. I find it rather interesting especially when it actually makes sense.

Sadly, this one doesn't make sense at all..

Well seeing how she has a white coat, dirt would stick out like a sore thumb if she got any on her, cross that with the fact she cares about her appearance, it is kinda understandable why she finds it repulsive.

I very much doubt it's a phobia. She was perfectly able to get dirty when trying to rekindle her relationship with Sweetie Belle, among other things. At the end of Sister Hooves Social, she's even laughing with Sweetie while getting muddy in the rain. A person with a phobia to dirt would avoid it at all costs and certainly not be laughing when subjected to it. Phobia isn't just another word for "fear".

I that she just dislikes dirt because of her neat-freak, clean nature and dirt is just a sign of imperfection to her. That and, as many before me pointed out, when white gets dirty it looks more obvious than on any other colour. I suppose she could be slightly fearful of it, but I've never seen her act terrified at dirt, more repulsed/uncomfortable.

Edited by Infinity
  • Brohoof 1

Geez, does anyone realize that Rarity does not have an actual phobia of dirt? She has jumped into mud puddles at least twice in the entire series (Green isn't your colors for spa treatment, and Sisterhooves social as a disguise). She's willing to get dirty if she has to.

Geez, does anyone realize that Rarity does not have an actual phobia of dirt? She has jumped into mud puddles at least twice in the entire series (Green isn't your colors for spa treatment, and Sisterhooves social as a disguise). She's willing to get dirty if she has to.

Well, spa mud isn't exactly getting dirty, because, well, it's in a spa. Anyways, I think the reason why she hates dirt so much is because she has class, care about her appearance, and wants to be the most fabulous pony in ponyville.

Isn't it obvious why she hates dirt? It's because its a crime against fabulosity!

I seriously think your overthinking it. I don't even really think its a phobia shes just the type of pony who likes to stay fresh and clean and getting dirt on you isn't the best way of having that happen.

How about we go by the Friendship is Witchcraft theory where anything dirty reminds her about a war she fought in ten years ago? :D

I like that idea much better than "dirt is a crime against fashion" any day.

To be honest, I think it has something to do with the fact that her coat is white, and if you've ever spilled anything on white fabric then you know where I'm going here.

Also, she (as well as Twilight) seems to suffer from very severe OCD. If anything gets messed up anywhere, it ticks her off and she must clean it. Getting herself dirty has the same effect.

Edited by Rarietty

Well, you know.. I also am afraid of getting dirty.. and I have never been stained with a blueberry pie.

It would be a pain to have to shower and completely redo your mane and everything again after you get mud all over you. :s

Well, you know.. I also am afraid of getting dirty.. and I have never been stained with a blueberry pie.

It would be a pain to have to shower and completely redo your mane and everything again after you get mud all over you. :s

I don't mind getting dirty, but I can't tolerate being dirty for long amounts of time, so I'm with ya! but there are some things that I don't mind getting dirty of :P

Well excuse Ms. Rarity for having some higher standards than anypony else does!!! Just because she doesn't like getting dirty doesn't mean she has some sort of phobia!!! It just means that she likes doing the best she can to maintain her elegant, flawless, and refined appearance! And besides, people with phobias tend to have crazy mental breakdowns, and really, when has Rarity ever had any kind of breakdown? B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh... right. :unsure:http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Well... that's beside the point; that's just her being eccentric!!!!!! SHUT UP, YOU'RE ALL JUST JERKS AND WISH YOU WERE AS ELEGANT AS MS. RARITY!!!!!!!! BUCK THIS, I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!!! :angry: *cue dramatic exit*

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Getting dirty is what a man does! DIMITRI DOESN'T CARE!! He's a stone cold workman. Buuuut, washing the beard is a must. Can't have a nasty beard. Keep it cleaned everyday. Never trim it though...

Part of it is diva nature. The second part would be realized by anyone who has dealt with stains on white clothing or flooring.

Edited by Mizune

Hey, I'm not a big fan of getting dirty either, and I haven't had any scarring moments that have to do with dirt.

Naw, I only get weirded out at really sharp corners.

I had a very close call once. ._.

Honestly though, I don't think Rarity has a phobia of dirt because of a bad experience when she was younger. I just think she likes to look nice all the time and henceforth is scared of dirt.

Edited by letterONE