Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I started out as a closet brony, but with time I step by step opened up. Now I can wear My little pony T-shirts in public. :lol: I don't know why, but opening up (in the beginning at least.) was really really hard for me and I'm glad I don't have to do it again.

I wear t-shirts, I use Brony lingo, I blast Brony Dubstep and songs from the show in my car, and I convinced my English teacher to make an assignment about "Hurricane Fluttershy."

Me and my math teacher also name off all the ponies we can, exchange My Little Pony media and applications, and laugh at the haters who don't understand the awesomeness every class period. (Even with an awesome teacher, I still suck at math)

Edited by Urdnot Shepard

I'm pretty open about it. I've gotten some shirts and worn them around the campus. My art space at school even has drawings of me and my friends as ponies. Most of my class knows I'm a brony.

Im open about it. got a shirt. Have the soundtrack of season 1 and 2 on my phone. some episodes also. I ponified my whole browser. I ponified facebook. I do mlp lets plays on youtube. So i think im pretty open.

I'm sitting at school, on a MLP forums and I submit MLP drawings to facebook. I talk to my roommate about the show's various references to some other shows etc etc.

I guess i'm pretty open about it :)

The only reason i don't have a MLP t-shirt is because WeLoveFine's expensive shipping cost to Europe. And there's no better online t-shirt store than WeLoveFine, quality wise.

Edited by Nac0n

I'm fairly open about it. I mean, if it comes up in conversation (the other day I was discussing favorite TV shows, and it came up), then sure, I'll mention it. And if I could afford a pony shirt, dang would I wear it. I wish I had a pony for every day of the week. But I don't have any.

I don't have any merch but if some one asks if I'm a brony I will say yes and my laptop's desktop is Derpy in a spy suit and sometimes if it's relevant to the conversation(when talking over skype) I send my friends pony related links.

I'm maybe 2% open my sisters know but I think they think I'm joking. There's no way I'd be able to make it through school if people knew I was a brony. Maybe one day I'll be able to come out.

Almost every friend knows and 3 of them are bronies themselves so it's not a big problem to me. I don't really talk about it unless someone asks, which hasn't happened yet. I don't know if my parents know or not, I've got tons of random pony drawings scattered across my room, just lying around in the open and my desktop has ponies too, wallpapers and such. I don't really keep it a secret but I don't talk about it either.

I'm very open about about my liking for the show. Though, I'm not the type of person who wears MLP shirts everyday, I do collect figures and trading cards.I have alot of brony and pegasister friends and one of them has way more figures than me!

At first absolutely no one knew. But then I started to loosen up after I made my little brothers join the herd. Now, I have a brony T-Shirt, but haven't had a chance to wear it (to school) due to the weather here in New England.

I call myself a flutershy closet brony...

I tell some people... But shy to tell others...

Lots of friends know... But not all.

Few cousins know

The freshmen try not to know... XD

And family... Dont give a shit about me...

I'd like to say I'm relatively open. When I first started watching the episodes, I did so in secret; looking back on it, I don't know why though, everyone in my family knows that I've always liked what is to them strange things. :P Eventually I think I said something to my mom. Then not too long ago, I drew some fan art of Dashie while my cousin was up which prompted him to ask, "Isn't that show for kids like (my little) sister's age?" So I tried to briefly explain 'FiM to him.

And from there my background is now a 24/7 daily rotation of colorful ponies, and I openly/proudly going to MLP section in my local Wal Mart to check out the pony merch when I get the chance. One such time I was sitting on the floor next to the MLP stuff, spazzing out over the official MLP posters that the store had recently got it and an adult couple stared at me blankly as they walked by, to which I had a amused smirk on my face as soon as I was out of their view. n.n

I already told my friends and they tolerate it. They cracked a few jokes, but they're okay with it. Yet, by me doing that, I found out that some of them are bronies.

Yet to truly answer, I am one of those kind of people that will only talk about it if they are interested in it. If some are genuinely confused about it I would explain it and try to watch a ep with my friends to peak his interest.

In my new school I've already told a few people I'm a brony, but by some stroke of luck, those people are also bronies. I guess I tend to lean toward the more random and cheerful people because I don't really want to hang with and get the personality of a jock. I guess I just get lucky in who I tell. I guess I'm decently open.

Sorry, let me rephrase that a bit, because I accidentally also insulted the athletic people who are better people in general. I meant I don't want to be with the athletic people who don't seem like they have any intention of being decent.

Edited by Colgate Revolution

Im a bit too open about my Bronyness. Im not shoving it in other's faces, but I dont hide it all that well....

It doesn't help me that most of the people who know about it know are haters <..<

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty secretive about it.

My closets friends and family are the only people that know.

But if anyone asks I won't deny it, they'll find out eventually anyways.

Pretty secretive about it.

My closets friends and family are the only people that know.

But if anyone asks I won't deny it, they'll find out eventually anyways.

I'm old, so face different challenges than those at school or uni.

My female friends generally know and think it amusing.

I've friends around my age who also like it and will discuss it.

Most other male friends who know about it think it a bit odd, so I don't push it, but at the same time my desktop background is all ponies so its not exactly a secret!

I am not screaming around that I am brony, but I don't make the secret out of this.

My parents saw me watching ponies once or twice and they didn't say anything.

All my friends know about it. Although, they don't like that I watch ponies we're still friends and they get me right.