Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Lyrics] Meghan McCarthy Tribute

MrBeatnikSoul

So ever since Summer BronyCon 2012, I've been getting an appreciation for the writers of the show. Particularly Meghan McCarthy. I mean cmon, The Canterlot Wedding? Party of One? Lesson Zero? She has my appreciation! I know this isn't exactly "ponyfiying" but I believe this woman deserves a song! (I mean, I REALLY like her mane!)

Now I wrote this song in the Summer and it's just been sitting in my files for awhile. This is when I saw that the writers were rather unappreciated (at the time). I'd like to cover it, but I've never had anyone else look at it. Meaning I have no idea if my lyrics look appropriate for a tribute. So, I'd like some help!

Do the lyrics seem to be over-praising?

Does it flow ok?

Does it seem over dramatic?

I'm an amateur at song writing, so please bear with me.

The original song/lyrics are: "Mrs. Robinson" By Simon and Garfunkel.

Ms. McCarthy

And here’s to you, Ms. McCar-ar-thy

Bronies loves you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)

Stay gold and bright, Miss McCar-ar-thy

Don’t you lose that pony flair today

(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

We'd like to show our gratitude to our leading writer

We think it’s our turn to help you smile

Look around you and you’ll see excitement in our eyes

Cause’ we’re waiting for your magic to arrive

And here’s to you, Ms. McCar-ar-thy

Stay gold and bright, Ms. McCar-ar-thy

Twily seemed to snap a bit when she missed her report.

Cutiemark Crusaders mess with romance

Pinkie kinda lost it, with no parties and no friends

Come to Canterlot and see that Love’s In Bloom

Scoot Scoot-aloo, Ms. McCar-ar-thy

Stay gold and bright, Miss McCar-ar-thy

Writing new adventures to come every ponies way

Working on a deadline, can’t be late

Make ‘em crazy, make ‘em sad

Don’t matter what you do

Everypony’s rootin’ out for you

Another long, season’s come and gone

The fandom holds it’s memory so true (Woo, woo, woo)

We wait for you, Ms. McCar-ar-thy

Jolt us all and take our breath away

Edited by TropicMustang
  • Brohoof 2

bro... This is amazing! The words flow extremely well, though I would take off the please after Mrs. McCarthy in the chorus... Seriously though this is awesome!

• Brohoof 1

bro... This is amazing! The words flow extremely well, though I would take off the please after Mrs. McCarthy in the chorus... Seriously though this is awesome!

Thank you! But then I need a word to fill it in since just "And here's to you, Ms. McCarthy-" isn't enough. I didn't like the "please" either, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you! But then I need a word to fill it in since just "And here's to you, Ms. McCarthy-" isn't enough. I didn't like the "please" either, do you have any suggestions?

Well actually, the song goes "And here's to you mrs. Robinson", so just saying "And Here's to you Ms. McCarthy" Would work. I tried singing it with the please, but it just didn't flow at all. I did it without the please, and then it turned out to flow much better. Maybe dropping down in the middle of McCarthy, like McCar-thy.

Well actually, the song goes "And here's to you mrs. Robinson", so just saying "And Here's to you Ms. McCarthy" Would work. I tried singing it with the please, but it just didn't flow at all. I did it without the please, and then it turned out to flow much better. Maybe dropping down in the middle of McCarthy, like McCar-thy.

I can't seem to find it... it sounds strange without the "please" or some kind of word to be in it's place. Are you thinking Mrs (Miss-ez) or Ms (Miss) like I am?

I can't seem to find it... it sounds strange without the "please" or some kind of word to be in it's place. Are you thinking Mrs (Miss-ez) or Ms (Miss) like I am?

I'm thinking Miss. What I'm saying I think if you swoop down during McCarthy (McCar-thy) (- indicates swoop), I think that would make it really go well.

I'm thinking Miss. What I'm saying I think if you swoop down during McCarthy (McCar-thy) (- indicates swoop), I think that would make it really go well.

Swoop? As in dip down and up like Ms. McCaaarthy? It's sounds alright, but shouldn't there be an extra syllable? I don't want to seem picky or anything, but I can't seem to hear it as you do.

Swoop? As in dip down and up like Ms. McCaaarthy? It's sounds alright, but shouldn't there be an extra syllable? I don't want to seem picky or anything, but I can't seem to hear it as you do.

Yeah, I meant add an extra syllable, (sorry). I mean't like umm Mcar-ar(<-lower)-thy. I dunno how to write it, but yes I meant add another syllable.

Yeah, I meant add an extra syllable, (sorry). I mean't like umm Mcar-ar(<-lower)-thy. I dunno how to write it, but yes I meant add another syllable.

Huh, you confused me there! Hmm, so "Ms. McCar-ar-thy" should be 5 syllables in total? That seems to work. So it looks good to go from there? Thanks again!

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty dang good! I automatically heard The Beatles singing this in my mind, hah! It all flows well except for, like said above me, the "please" after "Ms. McCarthy". Seems a bit spoofy, too, but nice, all the same.

(edited)

That's pretty dang good! I automatically heard The Beatles singing this in my mind, hah! It all flows well except for, like said above me, the "please" after "Ms. McCarthy". Seems a bit spoofy, too, but nice, all the same.

Thanks! And I'll fix that! Spoofy? I guess you could get a laugh out of it, considering it is a parody/ tribute. I'm glad it seems alright. :)

I automatically heard The Beatles singing this in my mind.

Also... The Beatles? This is Simon and Garfunkel. I don't think there was ever a cover of "Mrs. Robinson" by them, though they may have sung it live once.

Edited by TropicMustang

Thanks! And I'll fix that! Spoofy? I guess you could get a laugh out of it, considering it is a parody/ tribute. I'm glad it seems alright. :)

Also... The Beatles? This is Simon and Garfunkel. I don't think there was ever a cover of "Mrs. Robinson" by them, though they may have sung it live once.

Ugh, I keep getting old bands confused... heh, sorry about that. They, they said like The Beatles in my head...

Still, great lyrics, dude. :)

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, I keep getting old bands confused... heh, sorry about that. They, they said like The Beatles in my head...

Still, great lyrics, dude. :)

Heh, don't worry about it. We all do that sometimes. With so many artists and bands floating around, it ain't a surprise! :D Thank you again!