Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

(edited)

img-2750338-1-lovewarconga.png

http://www.teamfortress.com/loveandwar/

Today was the first day teaser at the new Team Fortress 2 update, Love and War. It gave us a glimpse at some new taunts and some achievements, as well as a new video titled "Expiration Date" being released. So, what do you guys think of this so far? What do you think the next days will bring? Hats? Yes. 

It appears my thread has been moved to this. I was not aware there was a TF2 thread. welcome me brothers. I have arrived. 

Edited by NormalWild

Spy: Did anyone else besides Scout put a card in here? Well, this was a waste of time.

Soldier: you didn't read mine!

Spy: You want ze bucket?

Soldier: ...yes!

"I HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT TELEPORT BREAD FOR 3 DAYS"

BREAD

I LOVE BREAD

SO MUCH.

NEED BREAD NOW.

I was at school camp when the post came around, but I'll be there for the update.

• Brohoof 1

"So we're safe, as long as nobody teleports bread..."

"Question!"

"What's your question soldier?"

"I teleported bread." <= not a question

"How much!?"

"I have done nothing but teleport bread for three days..."

*lost it*

So many good cosmetics... Fat Engi, Mexican Demo, NINJA SCOUT, Frycook Pyro, The Chronoscarf (Whoovians rejoice!), THE DANGER (I FUCKING LOVE BREAKING BAD!).

Not to mention the weapons, the BASE Jumper is the only one I've tried out yet, but it's really fun.

But to counterbalance the awesome, there is sad news. I'm sorry to tell you all this, but demoman is dead. Stickybombs can no longer be used as power attacks anymore. Demoknight will likely become the new meta, either that or full time pyro. In 6v6 that is.

So I have this new taunt: the "Buy a Life Taunt"

It's pretty good, I like to throw money in people's face.

What I LOVE however, is the conga taunt they added in, and you can join in too even if you don't have it. Right now, most servers are pretty much not playing competitively and are instead trying out new taunts or something.

Also the Backscatter is a Scout version of the Backburner. It's probably gonna be OP c:

I'm just kinda one of those people who plays TF2 one every while for a little bit of time.

But I suck at shooters, and TF2 is no exception, so I usually just end up dying and dying.

That may be part of the reason I don't play as much as well.

New update out today!!!

A few cool new weapons, the new scout weapon might help me out, looks cool, new Rock Launcher, new Sniper Rifle, and that parachute looks cool. 

So many good cosmetics... Fat Engi, Mexican Demo, NINJA SCOUT, Frycook Pyro, The Chronoscarf (Whoovians rejoice!), THE DANGER (I FUCKING LOVE BREAKING BAD!).

Not to mention the weapons, the BASE Jumper is the only one I've tried out yet, but it's really fun.

But to counterbalance the awesome, there is sad news. I'm sorry to tell you all this, but demoman is dead. Stickybombs can no longer be used as power attacks anymore. Demoknight will likely become the new meta, either that or full time pyro. In 6v6 that is.

WHAT! NO WAY :C what exactly has changed?

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove

There's a (in my opinion, awesome) new demo shield that not only lets you turn during a charge, but if you kill while charging, you refill your charge meter and can have another go! Stickies are things of the past my friend...

I thought stickies got nerfed D: thank god.

Clearly people are not using stickies correctly. I know charging can be OP, but the skill cap for stickies is SO much higher.

And besides, charging could be banned in competitive to keep stickies in the game :3

• Brohoof 1

Played the early hours of the update and had quite a few run-ins with B.A.S.E. Jumpers. You'd think with a slower decent it'd be easier to get some airshots off, right? WRONG. They can be so high up even the most skilled demo or solider can have trouble taking them out. Especially since they can strafe out of the way. And when there's so much crap coming you way below him, you're even more screwed. I've just found my new favorite annoying mechanic...

I thought stickies got nerfed D: thank god.

Clearly people are not using stickies correctly. I know charging can be OP, but the skill cap for stickies is SO much higher.

And besides, charging could be banned in competitive to keep stickies in the game :3

No, they did get nerfed. DJ doesn't know what he's talking about. Now, you actually have to lay stickytraps for them to be useful. Demoknight will be the new meta in 6s. Either that or full-time pyro/sniper.