Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

cosplay Pony Cosplay

Captain Marvelous

Id love to do a Rainbow Dash colsplay but my hair is too dark to colour without bleeching, and i dont think long white hair would be a good long term look for me.

• Brohoof 2

Id love to do a Rainbow Dash colsplay but my hair is too dark to colour without bleeching, and i dont think long white hair would be a good long term look for me.

get a wig!! they aren't that hard to find and you can still be rainbow dash!!

How I would love to cosplay Fluttershy, ohlawd. < 33

I'm small, petite and quite shy, so I think it'd go over well. c;

Actually might do that for Bronycon this summer xD!

awww so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my friend cosplaying Fluttershy ^^

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=fluttershy+cosplay#/d4hia6m

we know the owner of the pet store and they were so nice to let us play with the bunnies for this shoot!

The thing about humanized cosplay is that a lot of people get lazy with it, and many are just closet cosplays.

I've seen plenty of 'Applejack cosplayers' with just casual tee and jeans, with a cowboy hat and ponytail.

People should really try and be more creative.

But, y'know, whatever.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about humanized cosplay is that a lot of people get lazy with it, and many are just closet cosplays.

I've seen plenty of 'Applejack cosplayers' with just casual tee and jeans, with a cowboy hat and ponytail.

People should really try and be more creative.

But, y'know, whatever.

hey i really agree!! i did a basic Rainbow dash for a quick shoot but i loved the cosplay so much im not amping her up to a real epic Rainbow dash!! i think for first attempts its always great to work of the kinks but dont be afraid to get orginal with your pony cosplays!!

i think were going to start seeing some really epic ponies come out of the woodwork in the next yr ^^ so looking forward to it!!

• 2 weeks later...

And I bring your attention to this:

Posted Image

I'll bump this, because I just had to reply. I'm going to either the June BronyCon or the one after that in an RD suit made by that same maker, looking just like that one.

• Brohoof 1

I already posted these picture elsewhere, but they're kinda the only ones I have of my Derpy Hooves cosplay.

Posted Image

This costume was kind of put together last minute/month. I would have made the gray dress and back pack, but I was short on time with all the other things I had to complete and money for supplies. The legwarmers, wings, and bubble are all handmade though.

Posted Image

And I can do Derpy eyes. c:

• Brohoof 3

I'm cosplaying a human Rarity this year! i got some sketches of the design I'm gonna use lying around, maybe I'll post those later!

But this year my friends and I have a pretty sizable pony group planned. I know for sure we have all the mane six, minus an Applejack :C

and maaaaaybe a derpy if we can hijack mubbins long enough

• Brohoof 1

I'm cosplaying a human Rarity this year! i got some sketches of the design I'm gonna use lying around, maybe I'll post those later!

But this year my friends and I have a pretty sizable pony group planned. I know for sure we have all the mane six, minus an Applejack :C

and maaaaaybe a derpy if we can hijack mubbins long enough

Im'ma try, but college comes first.
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

alright fellow ponies check out my winning Rainbow Dash from the first OZ comic con!!! :wub:

Wowza, how much do those things weigh? They are excellently constructed and designed, very very nice job.

I found a nice picture from the Brony panel at Youmacon 2011, that's me on the far left.

Posted Image

Wowza, how much do those things weigh? They are excellently constructed and designed, very very nice job.

I found a nice picture from the Brony panel at Youmacon 2011, that's me on the far left.

Posted Image

wow what a big group!!

they are 3.5kg XD hahaha had to weigh them at the airport so funny!!!! thanks heaps!! im so glad they survived and worked out ok!! was soo scared they weren't going to hold up!!

wow what a big group!!

they are 3.5kg XD hahaha had to weigh them at the airport so funny!!!! thanks heaps!! im so glad they survived and worked out ok!! was soo scared they weren't going to hold up!!

Oh wow, that's like 8lbs. I somehow imagined them weighing even more, but that's still quite the load. I find that any prop weighing more than a few pounds can be felt even after you take it off. It's a weird phenomenon, like ghost pains. :o

Oh wow, that's like 8lbs. I somehow imagined them weighing even more, but that's still quite the load. I find that any prop weighing more than a few pounds can be felt even after you take it off. It's a weird phenomenon, like ghost pains. :o

hahahaha yep thats exactly right!! yeah they were abit heavy but i only had them on for about 3 hours so it was ok, i think im going to adjust them so they fit better for the next shoot ^^

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

Must have Pinkie Plushie!!!!
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Posted Image

I think your outfit looks great even with the black - it makes the bubbles stand out more. =) & the big muffin :wub:

How do you make the leg warmers? I mean do they work like thigh highs but like a panel instead of pantyhose?

I saw this other pic of some Celestia ones - I guess hers were lace-up.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

And i like the rainbow dash fuzzy looking ones in the group RD pic.

(& that Spike holding up his mustache is awesome) =D

Edited by PixiGlow
  • Brohoof 1

Oops I can't quote on my phone. Thank you! There are many ways to make legwarmers, but I usually sew elastic to a trapezoid. They stay fairly well if they end at the knee (your calves keep them up) but forthis costume they went higher and they fell down a lot. I was thinking of using a garter belt but that's too lingerie-y for a pony Cosplay imho.