Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on Babs Seed?

ColourShine

I don't think she was actually bullied in Manehatten, I think she was in a gang and she just wanted to get away because she was not in good terms with another gang. I mean, did you see how she stared down Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon!

• Brohoof 2

I can always relate Babs Seed to bullies in real life. Some of the bullies (If not, most) start out by being bullied by others. So I know where Babs came from.

She needs more character development, and the episode did leave a hole on how she was bullied in Manehatten. Her personality, however, was unexpected, I must say xD

Posted Image

At first I was kinda pissed off.. she´d better stay on CMC side and fight those two brats - they´d be 4 against 2..

But hey.

She acted like a bitch but well, someone had to - there would be no morality lesson. And of top of this, thanks to her acting, we have an awesome song. :wub:  + it was the cutest episode ever.

And I like her design.. but I don´t like her ..tail style?

• Brohoof 4

I like her too (especially dat pout) but I wish she didn't turn on the CMC's like that, but then there'd be no episode......

Would like to see more character development. I hope she does return in the series and not ditch her character.

• Brohoof 1

Plus, she just looks really unique and adorable...

This. I absolutely adore her design. Not sure if its the coloursheme or general design.

The ability to stand up for ones self and maintain your own dignity and self power without becoming what you hate (a bully)is what rises you above them, and makes you a better person. Eleanor Roosevelt said it best: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." And Babs gave the bullies all the power, which is what ALL bullies want. So no. I don't like her, even after her "reform" at the end. Sorry :/ 

So you dislike her because she did not have the strength to stand up for herself? That's pretty harsh.

i like her because she bullied and then corrected her behavior everyone makes a mistake somtimes however big and its good when pepole realize that even through shes not a very devloped chracter you can sorta see just in that episode how her personaliy is..... also i think that even dimoand tiara an silver spoon given time and some quest or somthing could change and see the error of there ways 

Eh, I liked her well enough. I'm not jumping on her hype train but I thought she was a pretty good character. I was a bit dissatisfied with her getting off so easily after treating the crusaders like garbage but overall, forgiveness: it's a good thing.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

This episode was lacking far as I'm concerned. I thought the CMC already knew she was getting bullied due to realizing she was a blank flank and the reason they tried to get her to join their club? Weird that the CMC just realized she was getting bullied after Applejack told them. Isn't this something they should of already expected?

That's why I don't excuse Babs' behavior. And as far as I can see the CMC should not have felt like they were bullying her they were performing an act that would put Babs in her place, a kind of "leave us along or you will get hurt" message. That is not bullying, that's trapping to discourage her from stealing their things and ruining their lives.

Edited by poniesforfun

I felt for her. Not quite as much as I did for Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph, but I definitely felt fer her. I also quite liked her character design. The only thing I didn't find that awesome was her voice. It kept switching between having an accent and not having an accent. :|

Posted Image

At first I was kinda pissed off.. she´d better stay on CMC side and fight those two brats - they´d be 4 against 2..

But hey.

She acted like a bitch but well, someone had to - there would be no morality lesson. And of top of this, thanks to her acting, we have an awesome song. :wub:  + it was the cutest episode ever.

And I like her design.. but I don´t like her ..tail style?

and....and with that im in love with babs.

Best pony even.

D'AAAAAAAAAAAW

I still harbor some rage because she made Sweetie Belle cry, but I suppose she isn't too bad. Seems to be a rather personality-less character, though. She just goes from generic bully to generic bullied.

Ah.... the Sweetie Bell fans... I love you guys so much.

I actually enjoyed Bad Seed (I know its Babs) I thought that her voice was cool, if not accurate (I think they were actually going for an east coast blend rather then any specific part of the east coast, which would explain why it has bits of Jersey and some New Yorkin).  There wasn't too much character development, but it what there was showed Babs being a very real character and not just a plot device.  There is definitely potential in her and while I don't think we'll see that Potential exploited on the show, theres always the fannon.

• Brohoof 1

The character seems underdeveloped and her emotions, thoughts, and feelings seem to swing unusually. I also found it weird that she was all self conscious about being a blank flank, the started picking on her relatives, then we found out she was being bullied the whole time... Plus the accent (esp. when combined with Applebloom and/or Applejack talking) makes it very difficult to understand her...

(I also didn't like the song)

The character seems underdeveloped and her emotions, thoughts, and feelings seem to swing unusually. I also found it weird that she was all self conscious about being a blank flank, the started picking on her relatives, then we found out she was being bullied the whole time... Plus the accent (esp. when combined with Applebloom and/or Applejack talking) makes it very difficult to understand her...(I also didn't like the song)

I understood everything you said until that last part.... strange... that's gotta be the worst type I've seen in my life, obviously by didn't you meant absolutely adored with every ounce of my body.  lol (I'm a huge fan of the song... ;) But I guess your entitled to your Gilda Opinion)

obviously by didn't you meant absolutely adored with every ounce of my body.

I didn't find the song to catchy, and it didn't tell much of a story. It's lyrics were pretty repetitive and the video of them trying to get away from Babs I thought was pretty ridiculous. I also feel like they tried to force the song into it, instead of allowing a song in where it would be appropriate. I have nothing against songs in the show, and I like many of them, but I like it when it tells a more in depth story of what we don't already know, or it tells us what's going to happen next.Other than all of those flaws, I guess it was a good song, >.>

I didn't like her, even at the end. she abandoned and bullied her own family...... that's wrong. Then she didn't grow much of an personality in the episode and by the end i didn't care about her. :huh:  (not meant to offend any one)

• Brohoof 2

I like her, she was just misunderstood thats all. She didn't want to get bullied again so she became the bully to not be bullied, I can understand that situation. I think that if they give ger an episode or two longer to show herself to the people, more people will start to her more and more. But to be honest I really like her character and the ending of the episode a lot. :) 

I liked her, and I hope they will have some episodes about the CMC branch she was making.

I liked her because she was bullied, was a bully (I don't like her because she was a bully) and then realized her mistakes and decided to  fess up and tell her sister when she was going back to her home town. But over all, I still think she needs more development. Maybe even an episode where she comes and visits the CMC again! 

Though I wish the show have made Babs at least look a little hesitant before she said/did a bad thing...I still like her especially with the accent. So she doesn't have a fun color palette, I can blame that on the rough streets of Manehatten! Babs is a tompony: let it be.

Edited by windy_prance

As a person that was bullied A LOT as a kid, (mercilessly) I see her as a very weak person/pony. It takes a strong person to take bullying and not turn into one yourself in the process, which is what she and most disapointedly, the CMC's did. There stands a fine fine line between standing up for oneself and bullying, and they all crossed it. And the worst part is, when Babs was given the choice between siding with the bullies or standing with family and new friends who would have stood up for her in the proper way to begin with, she decided to go with the bullies, which is a statement about her character. She's the weak follower type who runs with whatever crowd she perceives to be the the strongest, and most likely to protect her, even though it's the wrong crowd. And that is pathetic weakness and a deep character flaw in anypony.

The ability to stand up for ones self and maintain your own dignity and self power without becoming what you hate (a bully)is what rises you above them, and makes you a better person. Eleanor Roosevelt said it best: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." And Babs gave the bullies all the power, which is what ALL bullies want. So no. I don't like her, even after her "reform" at the end. Sorry :/ 

I understand your point and agree with you to a degree. It is a sign of weakness to side with a bully. But you have to remember her age. She is just a filly, a young one without her blank flank. She's allowed to make mistakes like this at her age. And when you think about it, to a filly a position of power over another is way more appealing than being a victim. She had to make a snap decision - and unfortunately she took the wrong one. I didn't like her as a bully, I love Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle and felt so bad for them. To be honest, I wanted to see them get their own back on her.

But it took courage to turn around and stand up to Diamond Tiara (Silver Spoon not so much, as she's a follower more than anything). And that was the pivot point for me. That's what made me like her. I also adored her accent. Her fur colour - not so much.

The way she was depicted was innocent and unsure at first, which was then ripped away in an instant when she suddenly turned into a snotty brat of a bully. I admit, even after learning the reason she acted like a bully was to try and ensure she didn't have to relive the trauma of being bullied in Ponyville as well, I still found her to be a bit overly harsh at some points throughout the actual bullying. That said, Babs comes off as more tomboyish than the other fillies, kind of like Scootaloo but in a more gruff way. So I suppose appearing that way is to be expected.

I think a lot of people can really sympathize with the character moral she was created to portray; mostly everyone's gone through bullying, witnessed bullying, or has even been a bully themselves at least once in some way, so a lot of people can sympathize with her. That's what the endless art on DeviantART and opinions on EQD and some here tell me, anyway :3 I can appreciate her for that theme, because I think the show did a decent job with it.

I guess I like her as a character, too. I think her design is cool, I like her voice and it's accent, and I wouldn't mind at all if she returns in (a) future episode(s). Perhaps we can get a chance to see the branch she's going to start in Manehattan, and from there, the CMC can perhaps develop their organization even further. We'll just have to wait and see.

I could understand how the show showed her motivation, and Applejack's view of things, but the actual on-screen portrayal of Babs didn't leave me particularly liking her. She had a very odd voice too, really almost male in its deepness, but I could have looked past that if I'd seen any real warmth in her. 

I thought the episode was fantastic for the three main CMCs and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's exchanges in the clubhouse during the swearing in. But Babs never really moved on from protagonist other than to be ex-protagonist who was misunderstood...