Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round One Series

SuperUltimateBrony

Round One Match Six

The poll is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64819676

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Todays Matchup: The Return Of Harmony Part 1 VS Read It And Weep

• Brohoof 1

Return of Harmony was the first thing I saw; it got me into MLP.

I especially loved the first episode. The way that the show delved into each character's deepest darkest fears and psychological ticks by using Discord's illusions was really intriguing.

Read It and Weep was great, but IMO it can't really compete with Discord's badassery.

• Brohoof 1

Read It and Weep is one of my favorites. First off, it has my favorite, and the greatest pony, Rainbow Dash. Secondly, Daring Do is one cool character. Lastly, Ninja Dash.

Edited by TrixieLover97
  • Brohoof 2

Read It and Weep is one of my favorites. First, off, it has my favorite, and the greatest pony, Rainbow Dash. Secondly, Daring Do is one cool character. Lastly, Ninja Dash.

Can't argue with that. Dashie is best pony after all. I hope there's more of Daring Do this season. She was quite enjoyable and I want to see what production will do with it.

• Brohoof 2

Can't argue with that. Dashie is best pony after all. I hope there's more of Daring Do this season. She was quite enjoyable and I want to see what production will do with it.

I agree, I would like Daring to be expanded upon. I don't think she'll show up in this season, with the limited number of episodes and all. I hope she does though.

• Brohoof 1

Round One Match Seven

The poll is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64829990

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Todays Matchup: It's About Time VS Ponyville Confidential

• Brohoof 1

Good to see that Read it and Weep pulled out the victory.

Aaaah! Another tough one! Why can't it be something easy, like Mare Do Well vs Hurricane Fluttershy?

It kills me to choose but I'm voting for It's About Time.

I made the polls in total random order. If I made something like Lesson Zero VS Baby Cakes, it'd be too difficult. In the interest of fairness, I used a random number generator.

Yeah, I read in your last post how it works, I just wish that your random number generator would choose episodes that are easier to decide between :)

I suppose that's half the fun though

Edited by DashForever

Discord lost to Dashie in round six? I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Um, It's About Time. Ponyville Confidential is the worst episode, imo. Too much of worst pony in it. (DT)

About time or confidential ....

This is a thought choice...

I... Idk... I guess il go with confidential... It wins by 0.000000000...00001 point

I guess it's because time travel dosnt make sence...

+1 vote to "It's About Time"

Watching Twilight being tardy and messing up with the time itself is always more entertaining rather than watching three fillies ruining everyone's days just because they were blackmailed by a bully.

Round One Match Eight

The poll is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64839589

Todays Matchup: The Mysterious Mare Do Well VS A Canterlot Wedding: Part 1

It's like comparing a gold nugget with turd-covered wet cardboard...

A Canterlot Wedding wins hooves down. If MMDW turns out to be the winner, I will kill something innocent.

Well, that escalated quickly. I think innocent lives will be spared considering it's twelve to zip. But still, this was my reaction:

http://www.myfacewhen.net/view/5114-big-eyes

• Brohoof 1

While I certainly like "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" ( <_< c'mon, how could I not, I mean... I'm me!!!), that's kind of a no-contest right there!  I mean, "BBBFF" song alone wins it for "A Canterlot Wedding Part 1".

Let's see, what is in my opinion the worst episode in the series vs. the beginning of the best of the two part episodes.

A Canterlot Wedding Part 1, and easily.

I see that most people chose The Canterlot Wedding because in The Mysterious Mare Do Well they tried teaching Rainbow Dash a lesson on not boastin to much, Hm where have i seen this before and everyone was okay with the mane 6 attacking that character, oh yea, The Great and Powerful Trixie, ha its okay to cheer for your fave character but when she/he does something wrong don't bash whats showing her whats right by calling it a "turd-covered wet cardboard..." or calling it the worst ep in the series, that seems way to one sided

It's like comparing a gold nugget with turd-covered wet cardboard...

A Canterlot Wedding wins hooves down. If MMDW turns out to be the winner, I will kill something innocent.

• Brohoof 1

I see that most people chose The Canterlot Wedding because in The Mysterious Mare Do Well they tried teaching Rainbow Dash a lesson on not boastin to much, Hm where have i seen this before and everyone was okay with the mane 6 attacking that character, oh yea, The Great and Powerful Trixie, ha its okay to cheer for your fave character but when she/he does something wrong don't bash whats showing her whats right by calling it a "turd-covered wet cardboard..." or calling it the worst ep in the series, that seems way to one sided

Well first off, this thread is about rating episodes relative to each other so I'm not seeing what I did wrong exactly. I just stated my opinion, and so did Twinkleshine (albeit with more hyperbole involved)

Second off, it is possible that people like both but chose A Canterlot Wedding because they liked it more. Batbrony is an example. There are probably others.

Third, it was a lesson that I admit that Rainbow needed to learn. I didn't much like how she was portrayed during that episode but I take greater issue with a number of moments from many people that felt very out of character. To me at times certain actions felt hypocritical and harsh, and I don't remember really any funny moments from it or much else that would motivate me to like the episode. If we are evaluating episodes then one has to be the worst, and this one is it for me. Maybe you disagree, good for you.

Some of my dislike for the episode comes from how it handled my favorite character, but there are a great many people who didn't like the episode who aren't Dash fans at all.

But I didn't come here to argue about the Mare Do Well episode, since that's one of the things I promised myself I wouldn't do. I have my opinion, you have yours, and that's fine by me.

• Brohoof 1

I gotta agree, I don't quite get, nor have I ever gotten, why "TMMDW" gets so much hate.  Brony consensus on this episode tends to be either you just sort of like the episode or you hate the episode, and I don't get it!  I thought it was a delightfully fun episode, especially with all of the superhero references (maybe I'm biased to some extent, but there were still some very clever references in that episode).  I usually don't even hear anypony give a reason for why they don't like it, so many of them just say they hate the episode.  Beats me what's so wrong with it! 

131921251199.png

Well first off, this thread is about rating episodes relative to each other so I'm not seeing what I did wrong exactly. I just stated my opinion, and so did Twinkleshine (albeit with more hyperbole involved)

Second off, it is possible that people like both but chose A Canterlot Wedding because they liked it more. Batbrony is an example. There are probably others.

Third, it was a lesson that I admit that Rainbow needed to learn. I didn't much like how she was portrayed during that episode but I take greater issue with a number of moments from many people that felt very out of character. To me at times certain actions felt hypocritical and harsh, and I don't remember really any funny moments from it or much else that would motivate me to like the episode. If we are evaluating episodes then one has to be the worst, and this one is it for me. Maybe you disagree, good for you.

Some of my dislike for the episode comes from how it handled my favorite character, but there are a great many people who didn't like the episode who aren't Dash fans at all.

But I didn't come here to argue about the Mare Do Well episode, since that's one of the things I promised myself I wouldn't do. I have my opinion, you have yours, and that's fine by me.

True the only reason i didn't put it on Twinkleshine was because i would be repeating myself, which really is a waste of time when i can put both of them together and post it once, also Think about the episodes and how they are be put against each other, Ones a two parter and the other is a Single ep on showing RBD not to toot her own horn so much, and you said Worst ep in the series, i have to disagree with you on that, it this was true then the episod boast busters would have to be in the same boat as it since it was basically showing the same thing just a different character, saying its the worst is thinking it one side just because of the characters, my fave character is The Great and Powerful Trixie and in both eps she comes in they attack her and take her down but i still love those eps because they show her the right way to handle it, granted it took 2 eps but hey it worked, and they did it stunningly

I gotta agree, I don't quite get, nor have I ever gotten, why "TMMDW" gets so much hate.  Brony consensus on this episode tends to be either you just sort of like the episode or you hate the episode, and I don't get it!  I thought it was a delightfully fun episode, especially with all of the superhero references (maybe I'm biased to some extent, but there were still some very clever references in that episode).  I usually don't even hear anypony give a reason for why they don't like it, so many of them just say they hate the episode.  Beats me what's so wrong with it! 

131921251199.png

The majority of ponies that hate the ep is because of rainbow dash, and how they take her down from her high horse, and its like okay fine so where is this kinda biased view when the exact thing happened to The Great and Powerful Trixie?? Grated they are different characters and set a little different but they're personallities are kinda the same. Try telling that to an RBD fan and they'll flip Slip, its crazy.

But hey not much we can do. To each their own.