Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round One Series

SuperUltimateBrony

A lot of people don't like the Mare Do Well episode, and it often doesn't have anything to do with Dash (unless this person in particular hates Dash :P Then they just hate on her for being boastful), nor does it have much to do with the lesson that the episode taught. What separates Mare Do Well from Boast Busters is that Trixie didn't have a bunch of her friends go through an overly-elaborate scheme to show her up in order to teach her a lesson on something, like what Dash experienced in Mare Do Well. A lot of people, including myself, didn't really like the way Dash's friends went about doing thier plan. For interation on this viewpoint, take a look at this comic poking fun at the episode. In a nutshell, this is why people who don't like Mare Do Well's episode, don't like it.

comic__passive_aggression_is_magic_by_so

As for this poll, I don't think it really needs a comment. It's obvious. There's not a ton of good single episodes that could beat Canterlot Wedding, let alone an 'eh' episode like Mare Do Well. This is truly the epitome of one-sided.

• Brohoof 3

A lot of people don't like the Mare Do Well episode, and it often doesn't have anything to do with Dash (unless this person in particular hates Dash :P Then they just hate on her for being boastful), nor does it have much to do with the lesson that the episode taught. What separates Mare Do Well from Boast Busters is that Trixie didn't have a bunch of her friends go through an overly-elaborate scheme to show her up in order to teach her a lesson on something, like what Dash experienced in Mare Do Well. A lot of people, including myself, didn't really like the way Dash's friends went about doing thier plan. For interation on this viewpoint, take a look at this comic poking fun at the episode. In a nutshell, this is why people who don't like Mare Do Well's episode, don't like it.

As for this poll, I don't think it really needs a comment. It's obvious. There's not a ton of good single episodes that could beat Canterlot Wedding, let alone an 'eh' episode like Mare Do Well. This is truly the epitome of one-sided.

Well as the poll goes its like Pitting a lv 2 pigey with a lv 100 Zapdos, its really is one sided, well even at the end of the episode dash did say that didn't they want her to be a hero, and they all said yes but not to be so boastful, to be more modest. Have you seen most dash fans when you bring up this episode, they go ape ship, and its like why do you have to be so angry.

i think that the episode made very well, it did teach a lesson that alot of people sould take into consideration. Other than that, The Mystereous Mare Do Well should've been put up against Boast Busters, than at least it would've been a fair fight, and The Canterlot Wedding should've been put up against The Return of Harmony.

Well as the poll goes its like Pitting a lv 2 pigey with a lv 100 Zapdos, its really is one sided, well even at the end of the episode dash did say that didn't they want her to be a hero, and they all said yes but not to be so boastful, to be more modest. Have you seen most dash fans when you bring up this episode, they go ape ship, and its like why do you have to be so angry.

i think that the episode made very well, it did teach a lesson that alot of people sould take into consideration. Other than that, The Mystereous Mare Do Well should've been put up against Boast Busters, than at least it would've been a fair fight, and The Canterlot Wedding should've been put up against The Return of Harmony.

The lesson was fine :3 The way Dash's friends went about teaching it came off as a bit convoluted and mean-spirited, though, which is what the comic shows, and which is why a lot of people give it hate.

For the record, I'm a huge Dash fan and I'm not going apeshit ;) I know lots do, but most of them on here at least aren't like that.

Return of Harmony VS Canterlot would be nice to see.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

The lesson was fine :3 The way Dash's friends went about teaching it came off as a bit convoluted and mean-spirited, though, which is what the comic shows, and which is why a lot of people give it hate.

For the record, I'm a huge Dash fan and I'm not going apeshit ;) I know lots do, but most of them on here at least aren't like that.

Return of Harmony VS Canterlot would be nice to see.

Yea they could've done it another way but they got the job done, and from what i can see you are like one in a million dash fans, alot of them are hostile, its good to see a different set of views from a dashie fan. :3

• Brohoof 1

pinkiee1506200202.gif

LET ME THINK

Sorry, Merriweather, but your screenwriting got off to a rough start. You've got to remember who the ponies are. The plot should adapt to the characters, not the other way around.

Royal Wedding Part 1 all the way, and that's not even terribly high on my list.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

No contest - Canterlot Wedding easily wins this for me.

SO MUCH THIS! This is my exact issue with the episode. Rainbow is tied with Applejack for my favorite pony, but I didn't really take issue with Rainbow getting a swollen head over her heroism, because I feel it's in-character for her to have done that. But I thought the mane 5 went to extremes to teach Rainbow their lesson. If the episode had had a scene where they tried to talk to Rainbow about how they didn't like her gloating, and she ignored them, then they would have seemed justified in doing what they did. Instead, they come off as trying to shove their morals down her throat, to me at least.

I don't hate or even dislike MMDW, as I still feel it's an enjoyable episode, but it sadly has more issues than any other episode in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Round One Match Nine

The poll is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64848432

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Todays Matchup: May The Best Pet Win VS One Bad Apple

One bad apple obviously...

Babs seed is an awesome pony!

I can relate to her a lot!

May the best pet win is just one of thoes temp episodes where the character gets something, then the thing dosnt even exists in the next few episodes...

Have you seen tank in another episode?

Interesting concept. I'll have to keep a lookout for future rounds. Is there a single thread that updates with links when the new polls open?

As for the current round, I went with May the Best pet win. Why? The interactions between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are adorable. Not a huge Tank fan, but it was a good episode. Shame that Babs' premier episode had to go against such a strong competitor.

Had to go with One Bad Apple on this one. It was a close call, but I adore Babs and everything that happened with her just a tiny bit more than I adored the interactions between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in Find a Pet. Also, Tank was briefly seen in Too Many Pinkie Pies (the lack of Tank in MMDW when Dashie said she was all alone is something that will always bug me).

One bad apple obviously...

Babs seed is an awesome pony!

I can relate to her a lot!

May the best pet win is just one of thoes temp episodes where the character gets something, then the thing dosnt even exists in the next few episodes...

Have you seen tank in another episode?

As a matter of fact yes, he was inside the tree in Too Many Pinkie Pies.

I'm happy to see that The Episode That Must Not Be Named was defeated last round

I have to vote for May the Best Pet Win. Rainbow is amazing, Tank is spectacular, and it had a great song and a terrific moral.

One Bad Apple was pretty good too though, I have a feeling that this will be a close poll.

One Bad Apple.

The best CMC episode yet in my eyes. Also, even when coming down to the song, Babs/Bad Seed was and still is in my head. May the Best Pet win is beautiful and rad, yet comparatively not as "catchy" or "OMG I can't get enough."

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but I think a Fluttershy and Dash duet is vastly superior to... well... everything. Also, Derpy in the chicken coop: what was she doing there?

No need to apologize for stating your opinion ( especially when it's the correct one ;) )

I'm really enjoying these polls, thanks SuperUltimateBrony for letting us know about them.

• Brohoof 1

No need to apologize for stating your opinion ( especially when it's the correct one ;) )

I'm really enjoying these polls, thanks SuperUltimateBrony for letting us know about them.

No problem. I enjoy making them. It's the least I could do. I'm going to try to include a bracket where you can see all past results. It takes up alot of space typing each days results.

I think that One bad Apple is a better episode then May the best pet win, just because one bad apple was really good, and really surprised me by its quality.

So yeah I'd have to say One bad apple wins.

That's actually a pretty tough one for me.  If I had to choose, though, I would probably say either the season 2 premiere or the season 2 finale.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for adventure episodes.  :D

Round One Match Ten

See the bracket here! http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?edit=1&tid=437954&tclass=My%20Little%20Pony-%20Favorite%20Episode

Vote here! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64857814

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Todays Matchup: Griffon The Brush Off VS Swarm Of The Century

Well, I gotta choose the episode that has a pretty good lesson to learn by, and that would be One Bad Apple. Of course, Babs Seed is one awesome pony and it's great to know her for the first time. :D It also has a lesson on bullying too, which is what I liked the most about this episode.

Gryphon the Brush-Off is one of my favorites. Rainbow and Pinkie have fun together, Gilda was a good character (and a far more effective bully than Babs, since first she was an adult and second they didn't make a big deal out of it)...and I liked the ending. It had an innocent exuberance that seems to be missing from the show so far this season.

I want it back!

171474-1.gif

Anyway, Gryphon the Brush-Off it is.

Edited by TailsAlone