Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

12/12/12: The last triple digit date we'll see.

Wingnut

It occurred to me how lucky we were to live in the early 21st century.  For the last twelve years, we enjoyed the twelve in a lifetime privilege of writing out 01/01/01, 02/02/02, etc. :)  But after today, the jig is up.  Unless you're about six years old or so, today is your last chance to write triple digits for the current date.  At my age, the only thing I will be doing on the next 01/01/01, if earth still exists, is pushing up daisies.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to write out some checks just so I can put 12/12/12 on them...

12/11/12 was the last date of its kind we will most likely ever see in our life time, but that's not special?! What about 3/23/08? Is that date one we will see soon? My whole point is, don't be mean to other dates just because they don't look as cool.

• Brohoof 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11/11/11 was the coolest. But no, it's up! DANG IT! If you excuse me i'm going to get some assignments due to write 12 / 12 / 12 on 'em.

Don't forget we still have 11-12-13 and 12-13-14.

January second of 2003, at 04:05 and 6 seconds... I knew I forgot something...

-----

Oh yeah, and this depends on how you read the date, either as month-day-year or day-month-year, and how you read the time, as 12-hour or 24-hour...

I read time as 24-hour and write dates in day-month-year, so...

11 of December of 2013, at 14:15 and 16 seconds.

Edited by Ganaram_Bloodrune
  • Brohoof 1

I personally can't wait for 01/01/2101 :D

No, honestly I don't really care for triple digits. The only one worth mentioning is 11/11/11(I mean seriously, sextuple digits! How cool is that!). But I find it neat to think that if I ever live to be 107 years old, I will have lived in three different centuries! And that's definitely possible, some people do live that long. I think that the world record for the oldest person is around 120 years old. I expect that our life expectancy will increase as the technology advances so it's not all that unlikely! :D 

I have a little brother who is 4 years old, so he'll get to witness the next 01/01/01 in 2101.  Fun fact, I'll be about 33 or so when he graduates high school.

I have a little brother who is 4 years old, so he'll get to witness the next 01/01/01 in 2101.  Fun fact, I'll be about 33 or so when he graduates high school.

That's quite unlikely. Thought it is possible, it's a bit uncommon for someone to live to 93. Even if he does live that long, it's doubtful that he'd still be mobile, or indeed, able to do much of anything. (Sorry to be a bubble-bursting prick...)

Don't forget we still have 11-12-13 and 12-13-14.

Nice idea, but it's not the same.  Some regions write dates in mm-dd-yy format while others write them dd-mm-yy.  The only way to make a date universal is for the day and month to be the same number.  Oh well, at least for part of the world sequential numbers work. 

2370669-oh_no_spiderman_divided_by_numbe

Next time on Spider-Man, the hilarious 60's series, Spider-Man has been teleported to another dimension through his inadvertent causing of a paraodox in space. This new place seems to have fixed his problem...by using him.

133189383661.gif

Aw crap, time to be meaningful.

Eh, I gotta say that dates never really fascinated me, so the idea that we're not going to have any more triple sets like this one isn't going to bug me in the slightest. They're just numbers. And numbers are math.

Ugh, math.

Are you sure? I plan to live to be about 113, so I'll get to see yet another 01/01/01.

I personally thought 11/11/11 was the coolest.

Because of the string of identical numbers, or because of Skyrim?

Because of the string of identical numbers, or because of Skyrim?
Because of the identical numbers.

I don't get the skyrim reference, because I don't play.

Edited by Betez