Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What genre of fan fiction should I write?

Page.Turner

Fan Fiction and YOU  

43 users have voted

1. 1. What genre do you ponies want to read?

• Grimdark
    • Horror
    • Thriller
    • Suspense
    • Romance
    • Comedy
    • Slapstick
    • Mockumentary
    • Folklore
    • Sci-fi
    • Other (COMMENT)

I'm currently sitting in class and I'm seriously bored. It's a three hour class and we're learning how to crop images on Miscrosoft Word 2010. LIKE REALLY. WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!?

Anyway, I need something to do in between listening to my professor. I was thinking about writing a fan fiction for MLP:FiM since I have recently become a bit addicted to the website for pony fiction (fiction is magic? Something like that).

What does every pony want to read about, though?

i'm a huge fan of horror and comedy. so anything grimdark-esque or comedic is gold to me.

also, shipping. shipping is always fun to read.

IDFK I Like Cross-overs, Shipping, Grimdark, Comedy, & Horror

OHHHHH shipping... how could I forget shipping!? I guess it could fall under romance in any case but... yes. C: Shipping.

I personally am not a fan of making crossovers... but a comedic horror I could do!

Ponies are light comedy with a side of PSA and quite a bit of cute. It is the theme of the show and I like my fiction in line with that. Especially when variation from that line gives us schlock like cupcakes I am fortified in my stance.

Luckily I don't have to read that.

I always love comedy, and, since this show is mostly comedy, I think comedy is the most suited for this. :)

what he said,,,

definitely comedy ....I really hate the dark themes that come with the fan base ... I mean what I really like and got me in the show was the comedy ...and i would love if stays that way in the fan base more so then with the dark stuff

Comedy FTW!

Also, I'm still waiting for a ponys in human world fic :/

I'd write it myself, but then it'd be worse than watching a passenger train wreck.

But if you are the writer, you would not be the spectator, but the train pilot. :lol:

What are you smokin?

A combination of powdered cupcakes and molten iron.

Nothing, I don't think it works, it's like having an Intersect but no Governor and then flashing.

I can't imagine it properly, it just doesn't work.

Each to his own is an appropriate expression here. Both of you are correct.

Personally I've only read crossovers with a human in Equestria so I don't want to conclude an opinion based of that alone,

I'll come back after reading some of Fallout: Equestria, and also Friends of a Solar Empire.

As for preferred genres, I'll read and enjoy pretty much anything.

Edited by Tom

Each to his own is an appropriate expression here. Both of you are correct.

Personally I've only read crossovers with a human in Equestria so I don't want to conclude an opinion based of that alone,

I'll come back after reading some of Fallout: Equestria, and also Friends of a Solar Empire.

As for preferred genres, I'll read and enjoy pretty much anything.

To clarify, it is a combination of how the art style works and how the storytelling works.

Because it is crossover, both sides need to be explained what the other is, what the situation is. And honestly that's just gauging the reaction. That or it's just a story where you replace all the characters with ponies. It doesn't interest me enough.

To clarify, it is a combination of how the art style works and how the storytelling works.

Because it is crossover, both sides need to be explained what the other is, what the situation is. And honestly that's just gauging the reaction. That or it's just a story where you replace all the characters with ponies. It doesn't interest me enough.

The bolded segment is a bit unclear to me, but form what I can tell your saying that different canons are sometimes too different to mix. Both have to fit together for a crossover to work well.

I agree with you on that, but it may be blind optimism that makes me say that it can work for ponies sometimes.

As for the replacing characters with ponies, that would be boring on it's own.

But if the ponies technology culture etc. are implemented well I think it should work out fine.

I agree with Tich. I have read Fallout: Equestria and I loved it to bits but I believe it is mostly because I know nothing about Fallout other than it is a video game and the technical term for nuclear ashes, I believe...

Anyway, I seriously can't think of anything that can crossover with MLP in any way.

My comment for other was for the SAD tag.

Ponies can really bring on the sad when they want to.

Also, Grimdark, Shipping, and Thriller. It's part of the reason the fandom exists, to evolve these personalities that have held us so enthralled beyond what a kid's show can do.