Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Oh yhea, Resident Evil 6 looks cool.

HanPolo

Just saw the short add on TV, check out the full trailer here -

http://www.youtube.com/residentevil

Wow.

I, being a massive fan of ResidentEvil games, am quite hyped up. Not only does this one look scary (already an improvement on the last one, if you ask me) its bringing back CAPCOM's amazing imagination for creature designs by the looks of things.

I mean, did you see that thing at 2:44? Thats what you get for hiding behind cover.

Maybe we can get some more cool new creatures, and not just some black blob thing that has to be burned to death because its just that annoying. Also, the normal 'zombies' actualy look cool this time. Im tired of fighting slightly scary looking guys with red eyes and pitchforks in the middle of broad daylight.

(In case you havent caught on by now, im raging at Resi5)

I usualy avoid getting caught up in hype at the early stages of a games release. I only end up getting dissapointed after im done with the game (*cough* Skyrim *cough*). But i must say, im strugleing slighty here...

Anyway, im done with my long-ass fan-gasp now :lol:

I like the RE series but I've never been able to beat any of them except Survivor on PS1 and RE4 on the Wii. Simply put, the game's mechanics are far too clunky for their own good and I can't do anything in them. Forget the fact that I die constantly, i could deal with that, but I die constantly and never really get anywhere.

RE4 is a much improved formula imo, though I haven't gotten to RE5 yet though I really want to.

I saw the trailer for RE6 and I'm like "Hell yeah"

(edited)

Simply put, the game's mechanics are far too clunky for their own good and I can't do anything in them.

The games mechanics are one of the biggest let downs to the whole series. On resi5 you moved slow, couldent move when aiming, and im not even gonna mention the old resi games... They all just felt so slow and yhea, clunky.

But on the trailer for 6 you see the player roll along the floor whilst shooting behind him. You also see some bad-ass martial arts being preformed on a group of 'zombies'. By the looks of things, this ones gameplay's gonna be much more fast pace than the old ones, just from that, though im not getting my hopes up... (thats a lie, my hopes are pretty high)

Edited by BronyPolo138

I like the RE series but I've never been able to beat any of them except Survivor on PS1 and RE4 on the Wii. Simply put, the game's mechanics are far too clunky for their own good and I can't do anything in them. Forget the fact that I die constantly, i could deal with that, but I die constantly and never really get anywhere.

RE4 is a much improved formula imo, though I haven't gotten to RE5 yet though I really want to.

I saw the trailer for RE6 and I'm like "Hell yeah"

I couldn't agree more.

Hope RE6 is as good or even better than RE4. And the best part is that it has Leon and Ashley(guessing from the video, though it's not a 100% chance that she will be in the game).

If RE5 is anything like RE4 as I've been told it shouldn't be too bad. Anything that isn't the oldschool RE games is good though. ****ing bandersnatches in Code Veronica are the reason I can't ever beat that game. -__-

I'll have to look up complete playthroughs of the original games cuz I'll never beat them on my own.

Uh-oh.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/ Seems Capcom is trying to appeal to the Call Of Duty crowd with this....This is rather broad, though. It says "more action based", but that doesn't give much information. I expect it will be much more linear then past games, though. Not to say that RE always wasn't linear, but....This pretty much crushes the hopes of anyone hoping for a return-to-form classic Resident Evil game. Not saying I don't like the newer games-RE4 is one of my favourite games ever-but this is rather disappointing.

Not RE6, but this is quite a fail.

Posted Image

Apparently, Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS has been renamed Resident Evil "Revelaitons"

Edited by Marshmallow

Not RE6, but this is quite a fail.

Posted Image

Apparently, Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS has been renamed Resident Evil "Revelaitons"

Resident Evil Revelaitons>Resident Evil Revelations

Edited by CynicalBrony

As much as I hate the new action RE games I'm actually looking forward to this one. Sliding and shooting at the same time?

In the famous words of Rainbow Dash; OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH

I never cared for the original RE games much, but RE4 and RE5 were both good. I understand the original fans' complaints about the game stepping away from its origins in favor of a more action focused style, but I still like it. I bought every piece of DLC for RE5 and even played the heck out of the multiplayer mode. RE6 looks like it is going to be even better. I really can't wait to get my hands on it.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I've only played resident evil 3 and 5 but im definitely getting revelations soon.

My physics teacher doesn't care if i have my 3ds out and theres 2 other people in my class with 3ds's and revelations. :)

Edited by csos95

I've only played resident evil 3 and 5 but im definitely getting revelations the day it comes out.

My physics teacher doesn't care if i have my 3ds out and theres 2 other people in my class with one :)

Revelations has been out for a month now. lol

Revelations has been out for a month now. lol

yeah i said "getting this when it comes out" first then edited it to say "revelations when it comes out" but for got to change to getting it soon instead of when it comes out