Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Griffon Species

Bendy

This is merely wild theories about the Griffons Species, if you object please add your theory.

First and foremost let's not generalize all Griffons to be like Gilda.  

"Right. Because you Ponies have a wide range of cultures and attitudes, but Griffons all think and act exactly alike."

They are birds, so that must mean they eat meat. But it's not like they are gonna go around eating sapient Ponies. No, that would make Ponies fear them, and would you even think Rainbow Dash would have been friends with Gilda if her species were nothing but warlike maniacs that eat everything that's not their own species?

It's a kid's show for starters. So Griffon aren't gonna be mindless savages. Sure, they may hunt and farm (on a small scale) for meat, but kill Ponies and other sapient species for meat. I don't think so.

And as far as we know The Griffon Species probably never had a war with the Ponies ever. Unless the show can prove otherwise, which is unlikely.

They may even have their own Kingdom somewhere too.

Edited by Rush

I think one thing about griphons in general is the spelling, I have seen it spelled Griffon, Gryphon, Griphon and possibly even Gryffon. (Ok maybe not the last one but I wouldn't put it past some people)

But in all seriousness we only know of two griphons from the show; Gilda, and the much less known Gustave from MMMystery on the Friendship Express. And Gustave is portrayed as much less of a jerk then Gilda. I guess my point is that Gustave's character implys that they are not so much a war like species as simply a slightly different species that lives nearby (he came for the contest) but not to close to Equestria

For more information on Gustave visit the wiki here:http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Gustave_Le_Grand

Edited by SorenWolf

My friend has a griffin OC. There is actually a picture of him in my OC's page (in my signature). He thinks that the Griffins are given WAY too much stick, so he tried to make a better one instead.

Griffons are not strict meat eaters. they are omnivorous. Remember one griffon was a pastry chef.

It seems some griffons choose to live in Equestria, but most live outside in their own kingdom (s). Perhaps there are unfortunate exiles who drift into Equestria, and find a life there.