Horror Game Lovers?

Pentakill

I am so sorry if this already exists.  I just needed to know what your guys's opinions were.  Wait a second.  Is, is that right.  Above, in the text it says your guys's.  Spell check isn't saying it's wrong.  Anyways I love love love love horror games.  They are so fun.  My favorite is The Grudge it is amazing.  Actually wait, scratch that last statement I actually can't decide my favorite between The Grudge and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.  Both games are just so amazing.  Below is my list of favorites.

1. The Grudge/Amnesia (still can't decide) :(
  2. Penumbra: Overture
  3. Penumbra: Black Plague
  4. Erie
  5. Anna
  6. Lucius
  7. Condemned
  8. Slender
  9. Cry Of Fear
  10. Nosferatu

I really like the quality of the animation and graphics in these games.  They all deserve five star ratings and a boat load of players.  I don't know, that's just my opinion.  Anyways as you know (the people out of you who read my other posts when i said this) I am going to be a gamer on Youtube hopefully soon.  So you will be able to watch me play all the games on that list and other good games like Happy Wheels, Minecraft, Ao Oni and others.  I am Pnaramaturtle5 on Youtube, look forward to it.

Anyways, thanks for yet again taking out of you time to read my posts and I will try my hardest to return the favor to each and every one of you.  I will try at least.  I mean that's a lot of people on these forums.

WARNING: Kinda Scary, Watch At OWN RISK!

• Brohoof 1

I generally don't like horror games. Most of them survive on good graphics, or meme based popularity (I'm looking at you Slender). Speaking of Slender, am I the only one who thinks that game is absolutely dull?

And for the games that have awful graphics, but a scary element to them, that's bad too. You aren't immersed because blatant game.

The only game that seems to succeed on both these levels is Amnesia, but I do enjoy some other horror games to look at.

On another note, Horror movies. We all know what the scariest movie of all time is.

Jurassic Park 3.

• Brohoof 1

I love horror movies, so I'm sure I'd love horror games. I really need to play some, though. I honestly think the only remotely scary game I've ever played is Slender: The 8 Pages.

I LOVE the Suitors.
:blink: 

I used to knock horror games because i couldn't work out how people were scared of them and then I played though Amnesia and fell in love with being scared out of my mind. I have also played a lot of slender.

I CAN NOT wait for Amnesia A Machine for Pigs to come out. There is going to be so many reaction videos on Youtube when it comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwAGB6Tos0

• Brohoof 1

I generally don't like horror games. Most of them survive on good graphics, or meme based popularity (I'm looking at you Slender). Speaking of Slender, am I the only one who thinks that game is absolutely dull?

Nope.I can attest to have given up playing Slender the "proper" way and ended up just hunting him down because it's so freakin' dull. :/

Anyhow,I always a good horror game.Amnesia,Silent Hill 3,and Penumbra are some of my favorites,especially Silent Hill.So friggin' scary and disturbing whenever I play that game.

• Brohoof 1

i beated Silent Hill: Origins recently, and i have to admit: This is one of the scariest games ever, and i really got scared because there was a warning saying that this games plays me as much as play with him...

I've played a few horror games

Only Slender and SCP I've been able to get to

Slender sucked because it was extremely boring

SCP well I found it a little bit boring as well

Maybe because I've been a fan of the SCP Documents

Since before Containment Breach was being developed

:blink:

I used to knock horror games because i couldn't work out how people were scared of them and then I played though Amnesia and fell in love with being scared out of my mind. I have also played a lot of slender.

I CAN NOT wait for Amnesia A Machine for Pigs to come out. There is going to be so many reaction videos on Youtube when it comes out.

Mother of christ, I cannot WAIT for 'A Machine for Pigs'.  Amnesia is the glorious, platinum-plated king of horror games in my mind, followed closely by Penumbra: Black Plague and Penumbra: Overture.

There's another horror game I loved that I haven't seen mentioned yet.  Anyone heard of Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth?  It's utterly petrifying in all the best ways.

OP, what are you going on, Erie has horrible graphics. It's still a good game, but it's graphics are bad. Doom 3 was underrated, BFG edition is not worth another purchase if you already have it, in fact, the original Doom 3 is better than BFG edition. Dead Space and Dead Space 2 were fun but they felt more like plan out third person shooters than horror games.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I like horror games but I have a tendency to suck at the more strict ones like oldschool Resident Evil.

I prefer Silent Hill where the gameplay isn't as restrictive and it's more about atmosphere (though I do feel like Downpour nailed the "flight over fight" thing)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is also one of my absolute favorite horror games. I need to look into getting some other games like Silent Hill 2-Homecoming as well as Clock Tower 3.

I don't like when games are TOO restrictive so games like oldschool RE don't sit well with me. I enjoy playing them but I have no desire to try and beat them because I quite honestly don't think I can pull it off. In Code Veronica X I've gotten a good ways into the part where you start playing as Chris but things are starting to get too hard with the stupid tank controls. (Tank controls + fixed camera angles = hell. I hate this control scheme with a passion. It's control schemes like this that make games harder than they need to be. It's entirely possible to have 360 degree controls with fixed camera angles. Devil May Cry did it just fine)

To go further: I know WHY tank controls existed in the first place and I understand to an extent why they are still used but things like prerendered backgrounds, fixed camera angles and tank controls all existed mostly because of technical limitations more than as a feature to make things scarier and in all honesty I wish they would remake the original three with Resident Evil 4's camera. It would be equally as scary and not near as frustrating to play.

I loved silent Hill 3. LOVED it. Heather was an awesome antagonist with an attitude--and very human, not some mysterious gov't operative or a killing machine, though she certainly could be one if you knew what you were doing. The story and voice acting were great, despite a clunky script. The gameplay and control was not exactly fluid, but pretty good for survival-horror. The atmosphere of the game was the best thing, though--a sunless, soul-destroying world of darkness and truly disturbing noises around every corner.

silenthill3_screen009.jpg

I didn't even play most of the other Silent Hills, or RA or Alone in the Dark either...I just love SH3 in particular.

Well, thanks to amnesia I love horror games. I think it was awesome and I also played the whole penumbra thing too. I think I can even play it again. But I have to admit I used walkthrough's to finish penumbra because unlike amnesia some areas were pretty low and it was more modern than that. It made it a lot scary. The most thing I liked in those games was that when I got chased by monsters I mean it is scary but that sweet adrenaline!  ^_^  I love it.
Looking forward to a machine for pigs.

I also played slender it was kinda scary too but it is like impossible to finish it. And I couldn't play further when slender appeared right in front of me in the first page. I mean it is the FIRST PAGE. Can you believe that? Other than that slender was pretty fun game to play, especially if you are with your friends  :lol: 

Oh and the last horror game I finished was Ib. It was really good if you ask me.

I can use a good horror game these days ^^

Ah, horror games~

I started with Penumbra: Overture, and ended with Dead Space. Still going, too, because I aim to play the Silent Hill series at one point or another. The whole scare mechanic is...fantastic. I just love the moments that make you jump out of your skin at the worst possible time. Dead Space has taught me not to trust ANYTHING. At all. And I'm barely halfway through the game.

I plan to replay Penumbra at some point, as well as get around to Amnesia. I've heard some...interesting things about the latter, so I have to play it eventually. Just as soon as I finish DS1 and DS2. Definitely before DS3 comes out, though.

Okay here we go ^^ A few of my very faves.

1. Fatal Frame 3 and 2

2. Silent Hill 3 and Shaddered Memmories

3. Escpae From Ravenhurst

4. Dirve Grove

5. Phantasmat - Crucible and Phantasmat

6. Alan Wake

7. Nightmares from the Deep - The Cursed Heart

8. House of 1000 Doors - Family Secret

I could go on and on. But those are just to name a few ^^

RD