Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

It's hard to be a Rarity fan and NOT be a fan of his work :D He's spot on with his analysis.

*whistles melodically, waiting for him to do the same *

Dunno why he hasn't yet. I know he can go deep into it, because hawkflame up there sent me a video of Tommy tearing a Rarity detractor a new one because of his, poorly thought out, interpretation of her character, and that episode was a focal point of the whole video, it seemed.

http://youtu.be/UrBma4OPLw0

Posting the link here because everyone who is a Rarity fan deserves to see this. If you want to skip to when Tommy decides to chime in, it's at 4:17.

• Brohoof 3

There's threads like these? I'll have to see if I can find a RD and Aj one. :x

But, I didn't come here to say that...This is the rarity thread after all.

And an FYI: I'm not the best with episode names, so sorry when I refer to an episode via a song or character. :P

Rarity is my least favorite of the Mane 6. I won't continue on that note because of who I'm talking to. However, what I did not expect from her was shown in the 2 newest episodes with her in it: Daring Don't and Power Ponies. Especially in Power Ponies, Rarity handled herself very well in a way I thought was out of her character. The fighting scenes and such caused me to take a second look at her, (go away pervs), and what I found was not a whiny snobbish brat that uses cheap tactics to wiggle out of problems, and would rather be famous than a good friend (my rather blind previous assumption, thanks Diamond Dogs and Becoming Popular episodes), but I found a pony that stands up for what is right when it's needed (missed that in sisterhooves social), and a very caring individual that puts others before herself (most of the time) (Art of the Dress ep), and, of course, packs a little punch too. (Daring Don't and Power Ponies).

If that didn't make sense at all, here's the cleaned up version. I made bad assumptions about Rarity based on her action in 2 specific episodes that I misread into, and upon taking a second look, found out she's a lot better pony than I had thought based on various other episodes (and even those 2...kind of).

So this is my apology to rarity fans for judging/hating her. She's still my least favorite, but she has risen up my list by a good 100+ spots since Daring Don't. I can now see why y'all like her so much. :3 I can now say that I like rarity and her character.

• Brohoof 2

There's threads like these? I'll have to see if I can find a RD and Aj one. :x

But, I didn't come here to say that...This is the rarity thread after all.

And an FYI: I'm not the best with episode names, so sorry when I refer to an episode via a song or character. :P

Rarity is my least favorite of the Mane 6. I won't continue on that note because of who I'm talking to. However, what I did not expect from her was shown in the 2 newest episodes with her in it: Daring Don't and Power Ponies. Especially in Power Ponies, Rarity handled herself very well in a way I thought was out of her character. The fighting scenes and such caused me to take a second look at her, (go away pervs), and what I found was not a whiny snobbish brat that uses cheap tactics to wiggle out of problems, and would rather be famous than a good friend (my rather blind previous assumption, thanks Diamond Dogs and Becoming Popular episodes), but I found a pony that stands up for what is right when it's needed (missed that in sisterhooves social), and a very caring individual that puts others before herself (most of the time) (Art of the Dress ep), and, of course, packs a little punch too. (Daring Don't and Power Ponies).

If that didn't make sense at all, here's the cleaned up version. I made bad assumptions about Rarity based on her action in 2 specific episodes that I misread into, and upon taking a second look, found out she's a lot better pony than I had thought based on various other episodes (and even those 2...kind of).

So this is my apology to rarity fans for judging/hating her. She's still my least favorite, but she has risen up my list by a good 100+ spots since Daring Don't. I can now see why y'all like her so much. :3 I can now say that I like rarity and her character.

Well, I can expand on how these misinterpretations on her character has created so much trouble, but I won't bother :D

She's a character that some people just have to look into, I guess. View with an open mind to actually understand her, not just past "Oh, she's very feminine and such" or whatever people say these days. I've been trying to avoid Rarity hate lately because of health problems, so I dunno.

Well, I take it you're not interested in joining the fan club, so I won't be the first (and, for some reason, the only one as of late :D) to welcome you, but thanks for giving her a 2nd chance in your mind! If more people would look at characters like that, many problems in the fandom would disappear, and good luck on finding the AJ and RD fan clubs!! :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, I can expand on how these misinterpretations on her character has created so much trouble, but I won't bother :D

She's a character that some people just have to look into, I guess. View with an open mind to actually understand her, not just past "Oh, she's very feminine and such" or whatever people say these days. I've been trying to avoid Rarity hate lately because of health problems, so I dunno.

Well, I take it you're not interested in joining the fan club, so I won't be the first (and, for some reason, the only one as of late :D) to welcome you, but thanks for giving her a 2nd chance in your mind! If more people would look at characters like that, many problems in the fandom would disappear, and good luck on finding the AJ and RD fan clubs!! :D

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on her though, especially in the episode of hers coming up. Who knows, I may end up joining this club after all after that. :P

• Brohoof 2

Eh. It's just fan art. :D

Excellently done, though. It could easily pass as being canon.

But yeahh. In the trees :blink:

Oh... :( okay. Would be cool if Hasbro would made a  easter egg like this for adult bronies. 

P.S. I starting to love Rarity more and more, day after day, don't know why. Maybe because I started to understand her character. Now I play Monopoly, and use Rarity's little figurine, as a chip  :)

Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 1

Oh... :( okay. Would be cool if Hasbro would made a  easter egg like this for adult bronies. 

P.S. I starting to love Rarity more and more, day after day, don't know why. Maybe because I started to understand her character. Now play Monopoly, and use Rarity's little figurine, as a chip  :)

:( It's heartbreaking. That'd be hilarious if it was in the show :D

And I'm glad to hear it! She's definitely a character you have to look into to be able to fully appreciate, but when you do, you see why her detractors are so wrong and how fabulous she truly is! :D

You've got the Monopoly game? You lucky son of a...:)

• Brohoof 1

:( It's heartbreaking. That'd be hilarious if it was in the show :D

And I'm glad to hear it! She's definitely a character you have to look into to be able to fully appreciate, but when you do, you see why her detractors are so wrong and how fabulous she truly is! :D

You've got the Monopoly game? You lucky son of a... :)

Yes, I have to admit that Rarity is much more deep character, as she looks like in beginning. As like I said earlier: you need to find a reason for yourself, to love Rarity, you need to try to understand her. Rarity isn't Rainbow, about whom you can say: "She's cool and funny, she's bright and memorable, I love her" Rarity isn't Fluttershy, about whom you can say: "Awwww, she's soooo cute, I love her." I cited the example of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, because they are most easier to fall in love into them. 

P.S. Yes, I got the Monopoly? Is it special? It's pretty easy to find this game in Russia. I playing with my little brother, I usually playing as Rarity or Twilight, he usually playing as Rainbow or Twilight, or Luna ;)
Edited by zev_zev
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I have to admit that Rarity is much more deep character, as she looks like in beginning. As like I said earlier: you need to find a reason for yourself, to love Rarity, you need to try to understand her. Rarity isn't Rainbow, about whom you can say: "She's cool and funny, she's bright and memorable, I love her" Rarity isn't Fluttershy, about whom you can say: "Awwww, she's soooo cute, I love her." I cited the example of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, because they are most easier to fall in love into them. 

P.S. Yes, I got the Monopoly? Is it special? It's pretty easy to find this game in Russia. I playing with my little brother, I usually playing as Rarity or Twilight, he usually playing as Rainbow or Twilight, or Luna ;)

I honestly never saw Rainbow as one you can easily fall in love with, past an amazing design. She can grate on me really badly, but that's something I appreciate about her character; she gives me the worst headaches with her incessant rambling about how great she is, but I just can't stay mad at her for too long :D I had to look into RD's character to grow onto her and finally appreciate her and the headaches she caused, but I did, and RD's one of my favorite characters now :D

As for Rarity, I think the only reason she can grate on fans more than RD does is the feminine aspect; a majority of Rarity's detractors are not only RD fans, but males in general. RD's got a macho thing going; guys can easily relate to her, because she's one of those girls who could pass as a bro, and sit back, drink a beer, and watch a game with you; Rarity on the other hand, is much more girly, being into fashion, speaking with that sophisticated, trans-Atlantic dialect, obsessing over neatness and properness; when her character flaw, even in my eyes, is the way she can be vain at times, that can rub people the wrong way because they fail to actually LOOK into her character past a first impression. They only see the negatives, because they refuse to see her positives due to a bad first impression. When I, or someone else, can convince someone to look into Miss Rarity and give her a 2nd chance, she usually sky rockets up their list to being 2nd or 3rd best pony, or, even best, one time :D

Done with that rambling, I'll just say this:

I used to be an RD hater, but, after giving her a 2nd chance, I grew to appreciate her character a lot more than I did, and grew to love her and enjoy her past the fact she was with the other 5 ponies whom I adored so much; if more people could do with Rarity what I did with RD, the hate would drop, along with it negativity in this fandom, and when negativity drops, positivity will go up; if people would look into her character more, this place would be the more positive place that we've all been striving and complaining for as of late.

*fights for air after that little speech* :D

And nahh, In Texas, it's pretty rare :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 4

I guess that giving second chance always working well, for every character. The main problem is that some people thinks that if they have a favorite pony, they must have less favorite pony. And if I'll think so, then now Applejack in last place, BUT I feel like a bustard and scum when I thinking like that. I am very sorry for Applejack. Pity is a feeling that brings me Applejack. She's nice, she deserve to be more popular. Well, I haven't got least favorite pony.

• Brohoof 3

And if I'll think so, then now Applejack in last place, BUT I feel like a bustard and scum when I thinking like that.

Don't feel too bad, just because a pony is not someone favorite dosen't mean they hate or dislike that pony there is just some certain people will like more than other depending on preference. I liked Applejack right away but Rarity took me a lot longer for me to appreciate, I think one thing they both have in common is they are misunderstood by many of the fans albeit for different reasons. I think that may be why I have noticed that there are a lot of Rarity fans on here that like Applejack and a lot of Applejack fans that like Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity episode this Saturday, guys! The first one she's had since Sweet and Elite over two years ago! There are only six days remaining and, coincidentally, there have been six Rarity episodes so far! I'm going to rewatch the following episodes in anticipation of Rarity Takes Manehatten:

• Look Before You Sleep
  • Suited For Success
  • A Dog and Pony Show
  • Green Isn't Your Color
  • Sisterhooves Social
  • Sweet and Elite
  • Bonus: The Rarity micro-comic, "How Rarity Got Her Groovy Back"

May the Week of Rarity commence! 

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Brohoof 4

Don't feel too bad, just because a pony is not someone favorite dosen't mean they hate or dislike that pony there is just some certain people will like more than other depending on preference. I liked Applejack right away but Rarity took me a lot longer for me to appreciate, I think one thing they both have in common is they are misunderstood by many of the fans albeit for different reasons. I think that may be why I have noticed that there are a lot of Rarity fans on here that like Applejack and a lot of Applejack fans that like Rarity.

AJ is my #2 best pony :D

teasingly_classy_by_danielsplatter-d6689

Mandatory Rarity pic, because Rarity fan club :D

Rarity episode this Saturday, guys! The first one she's had since Sweet and Elite over two years ago! There are only six days remaining and, coincidentally, there have been six Rarity episodes so far! I'm going to rewatch the following episodes in anticipation of Rarity Takes Manehatten:

• Look Before You Sleep
  • Suited For Success
  • A Dog and Pony Show
  • Green Isn't Your Color
  • Sisterhooves Social
  • Sweet and Elite
  • Bonus: The Rarity micro-comic, "How Rarity Got Her Groovy Back"

May the Week of Rarity commence! 

I'll do the same :D

Polsky was the writer of the episode, though...gahh. Kinda makes me nervous.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone else disappointed at the lack of Rarity merch? The few Rarity shirts I've seen at Hot Topic were for women, and she's completely left off of virtually anything else. I mean, look at the line of Pop Figures released recently by Funko:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Funko_Pop!_figures_promotional_image.jpg?file=Funko_Pop%2521_figures_promotional_image.jpg

They have four of the Mane Six and two *background ponies*(Popular ones, yes, but still background ponies) before getting to Rarity? Or even AJ? I mean, come on.

• Brohoof 2

Anyone else disappointed at the lack of Rarity merch? The few Rarity shirts I've seen at Hot Topic were for women, and she's completely left off of virtually anything else. I mean, look at the line of Pop Figures released recently by Funko:

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Funko_Pop!_figures_promotional_image.jpg?file=Funko_Pop%2521_figures_promotional_image.jpg

They have four of the Mane Six and two *background ponies*(Popular ones, yes, but still background ponies) before getting to Rarity? Or even AJ? I mean, come on.

Because they can't handle her fabulosity ;)

I dig and dig for it, though. I've gotten good sized collection that's still expanding. 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/12122-post-a-tour-of-your-room/?p=2163166

Only evidence I have :D

I'm also getting a pre-paid card so I can order a few shirts and what not :D The only wearable merch I have is 2 dogtags I wear everyday. 

Oh, and a good friend of mine at school (Pegasister [and Pinkie Pie fan, she'll see the light soon enough :D]) Picked me up another plushie at Hot Topic, that isn't a funrise :wub:

I'm not saying nothing...

...but my body is ready if she wants it :D

• Brohoof 1

Darlings I am so thrilled for Saturday! Finally a Rarity episode that takes place in my city(well the pony version of course)

and to see a pony version of fashion week! I'm curious as to which fashion industry people will be turned into pony

Since we have Anna Wintour, and Karl Lagerfeld.

Edited by GlamourDolly
  • Brohoof 2