Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Oh my stars, this forum is really popular, can you see how many pages it has become? I've been commenting on posts clear back in 2012. Crazy stuff. Perhaps I am wrong, but I'm reading a lot of reasons why people don't like Rarity. Funny way to have a fan club. I must respectfully disagree with those who say "I hatted Rarity the first time ...".

For me, the first time I saw her, in the Elements of Harmony episodes, I liked her immediately.  She is funny, she has class, and she has an interesting story line.  Of course she has her faults, but don't we all?  Without them, how could we relate to her? I remember watching My Little Pony when my daughter was a child, year 2002. I couldn't get into it because they were just 'too perfect'. 

My favorite image of Rarity is when Twilight gave her wings.  Too bad they didn't last, they were just like her, unique and amazingly stunning. 

post-36321-0-25733900-1450767449_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

I've always liked Rarity, but she didn't become my favorite until recently. I love her faults and how she can be both the stereotypical fashion obsessed girl as well as a unique character. It's more like the stereotype is a part of her than it is her being the stereotype.

• Brohoof 2

I've always liked Rarity, but she didn't become my favorite until recently. I love her faults and how she can be both the stereotypical fashion obsessed girl as well as a unique character. It's more like the stereotype is a part of her than it is her being the stereotype.

Oh my stars, this forum is really popular, can you see how many pages it has become? I've been commenting on posts clear back in 2012. Crazy stuff. Perhaps I am wrong, but I'm reading a lot of reasons why people don't like Rarity. Funny way to have a fan club. I must respectfully disagree with those who say "I hatted Rarity the first time ...".

For me, the first time I saw her, in the Elements of Harmony episodes, I liked her immediately.  She is funny, she has class, and she has an interesting story line.  Of course she has her faults, but don't we all?  Without them, how could we relate to her? I remember watching My Little Pony when my daughter was a child, year 2002. I couldn't get into it because they were just 'too perfect'. 

My favorite image of Rarity is when Twilight gave her wings.  Too bad they didn't last, they were just like her, unique and amazingly stunning. 

good to see  you two =)=)=) always happy meeting new happy fants of the Jewel pony fabulous diamond <3<3<3

Celebratory photo of the darling herself <3 and her cute diamonds <3

generosity_by_talimingi-d9l0eg7.png

• Brohoof 4

While I don't understand people 'hating' her when they first saw her, I can see why they might not have warmed to her immediately. When I first started watching the show, she wasn't my favourite of the mane 6 at all (in fact, while I still liked her, I probably liked her the least of them to begin with) - as she came across as relatively prissy and self centred. I don't think that they really started properly playing to her strengths until season two. Season one had its moments with her 'going into exile' breakdown, the art of the dress and of course her Diamond Dog fiasco - the latter of which was executed perfectly imo.

But, season two really started to pay proper attention to our fashionista and she quickly shooted to best pony in my book :D

good_thing_i_brought_my_scarf_by_shellto

Long live the fashionista!

• Brohoof 4

One of my favorite things about Rarity, in regards to her fashion (and I'm a guy who knows bunko about fashion) is her artistry (thus making it not superficial), and the fact that she's a very successful business owner. Usually when characters are depicted liking fashion, it's on the "I like buying clothes" side and not Rarity's I can make them, show artistry, and create a business around it.

In a way, she's a lot like Applejack in regards to similar drive and business savvy, just different fields.

• Brohoof 4